Boycott Iowa athletics until Gary Barta is gone!

There's actually a large portion of the Iowa fan base that loves mediocrity. Don't underestimate them.

So. If I support the Hawkeyes, I am in love with mediocrity. Hmm. As to the consistent barrage of negative views about Hawkeye football, basketball, and our coaches and AD, you are at least consistent.

As to your attempts to rally the troops to stop buying tickets/gear, etc. You may want to follow the advice of a very wise person: "When you look down, and your horse is dead, dismount."

What record is good enough from each program to start buying tickets again? I say we don't buy any until we win a Big 10 Championship!

Can I still wear my Iowa gear that I've already purchased? Let me know when I can according to the boycott rules. I'm locking everything away until you give us the all clear and things in Iowa Athletics are acceptable.

My motto is, "I follow idiots" so this thread is right up my alley. I'm sure this headline will help with recruiting.

"Iowa Fans Boycott Football - Kinnick Empty"

I think you have a good shot here...really I do. 100 years of tradition means little.

Last edited:
Not sure they love it, per se, but many do accept it.

We have to weigh our two options. One is continue to watch games and get enjoyment out of them while hoping for the small chance that they get better. The other is to quit watching something we enjoy, in small hopes that it's enough to make change, and even if they do, that change ends up being a positive one.

The way I see it is the second option gives us a slightly better chance of getting better and those slight better odds aren't even close to good enough to lose years of my life not watching games I love. Not to mention lose my window of opportunity to pass that love on to my kids.

What record is good enough from each program to start buying tickets again? I say we don't buy any until we win a Big 10 Championship!
I wouldn't go back until Barta is GONE! The rot is firmly at the top and nothing will improve as long as he's in charge.

Can I still wear my Iowa gear that I've already purchased? Let me know when I can according to the boycott rules. I'm locking everything away until you give us the all clear and things in Iowa Athletics are acceptable.

My motto is, "I follow idiots" so this thread is right up my alley. I'm sure this headline will help with recruiting.

"Iowa Fans Boycott Football - Kinnick Empty"

I think you have a good shot here...really I do. 100 years of tradition means little.
I didn't know that was your motto but it does explain a lot.
Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges to win the war. I'm sure Barta will just build more luxury suites to hide those empty seats.
100 years of tradition means less than little to Barta.

We have to weigh our two options. One is continue to watch games and get enjoyment out of them while hoping for the small chance that they get better. The other is to quit watching something we enjoy, in small hopes that it's enough to make change, and even if they do, that change ends up being a positive one.

The way I see it is the second option gives us a slightly better chance of getting better and those slight better odds aren't even close to good enough to lose years of my life not watching games I love. Not to mention lose my window of opportunity to pass that love on to my kids.
By all means, pass on the acceptance of mediocrity to your children. The crooks love it when you raise marks to provide for their future.

There's actually a large portion of the Iowa fan base that loves mediocrity. Don't underestimate them.

Sadly this is true. There are a lot of them on this board and they all go out of their way to defend anything Iowa related even when it's below mediocrity. Just look at people trying to say Nebraska is the fourth best offensive team we've seen this year or trying to justify Barta's buyout by comparing it to new coaches. Pathetic!

Its a fine line, IMO. I don't support Barta, but I'll support the players regardless. They chose to be Hawkeyes and deserve our support. However, sagging ticket sales does hurt the bottom line, and thats what Barta really cares about....see pre-2015 football season.

Yea, I'm not going to stop watching on TV, but I'm also not going to go to all extremes to make the trip to Carver to watch it live.

Record good enough to compete for 1-5 spots in BIG conference. Then the team is reputable with a good chance of getting into the NCAA.

Sadly this is true. There are a lot of them on this board and they all go out of their way to defend anything Iowa related even when it's below mediocrity. Just look at people trying to say Nebraska is the fourth best offensive team we've seen this year or trying to justify Barta's buyout by comparing it to new coaches. Pathetic!

It's not true. That's absurd.

It's not true. That's absurd.

Yes it is. Look how many on this board alone defend anything and everything Fran related because they are so scared things could go back to the Lick era. If you don't know by now that Fran is never going to be anything better than a mediocre coach you are fooling yourself and a majority of the fans want to give him another year or even longer. You might not think that means they love mediocrity but they gladly accept it out of fear things could be worse.

Latest posts