The Ghost Of Fat Pitzgerald Haunts The Mildcats Game Thread

So, Fitzgerald was there, apparently in Iowa gear (his son is walking on at Iowa next year). Time to stop calling him "Fat Pitzgerald"?

The framed poster of that flyover is the centerpiece of my basement bar.

Someday I will put an extra TV behind the bar, but not in place of that poster.
Were these the guys that broke the rules and came over super low? They suffered some disciplinary actions. I have the newspaper article about the one I recall. Will look for it.

Were these the guys that broke the rules and came over super low? They suffered some disciplinary actions. I have the newspaper article about the one I recall. Will look for it.
My poster was 2010 vs Ohio State, Veterans Day Weekend. It might have been the example you were talking about.

When I was a student in the mid to late 1980's blimps were not allowed above Kinnick, let alone flyovers. Too close to local airport which is basically just south of Benton Street. You would occasionally see planes fly over Kinnick with advertising banners but they must have been a low altitudes.

Somewhere along the way they allowed military flyovers.

So, Fitzgerald was there, apparently in Iowa gear (his son is walking on at Iowa next year). Time to stop calling him "Fat Pitzgerald"?
I guess he doesn't hate Iowa anymore for being his opponent when he broke his leg and subsequently missed the Rose Bowl in 1995.

He never really did hate us, just knew how to beat us there for a while. Stanzi was winless as a starter vs Northwestern for example.

I guess he doesn't hate Iowa anymore for being his opponent when he broke his leg and subsequently missed the Rose Bowl in 1995.

He never really did hate us, just knew how to beat us there for a while. Stanzi was winless as a starter vs Northwestern for example.

I think I read this is KF's first 4 game winning streak vs. the Cats.

Latest posts