Boycott Iowa athletics until Gary Barta is gone!

There's actually a large portion of the Iowa fan base that loves mediocrity. Don't underestimate them.
What YOU'RE gonna do is piss and moan about it and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe. If you're a fan you deal with it, especially if there's nothing you can do about it. You can't do anything about it. Pick a new team or pick the hawks and cheer for them.1karws.jpg

Unless there is some other metric to measure an AD's win/loss success against their peers...that's what I'm gonna use.
Gary Barta's gonna be busy trying to get those big boosters to pay extra for the empty seats. Good for the both of them, they deserve each other.
I'm not pissing and moaning about the football program. I'm pissing and moaning about Barta. KF has his own issues and we can get into them, if you like.
There is NO comparison between Hayden Fry and KF. Hayden Fry hung around far too long. No argument there.
I don't care what you believe. I feel the same about you're level of understanding of college football. Let me know when you stop crying and come out of the corner, now that you know how I feel.

Well, I wish you would have told me you were an "internet tough guy" at the beginning of our discussion, so I would have known to be more careful about how I communicated with you. Ummm, the comparison is actually pretty close between the two...Fry and Ferentz. Both have stewarded the program well and they have had great teams in similar numbers. It's just a slightly different brand of offensive football and I've enjoyed both to be honest.

Once again, you missed my point...people weren't calling for Hayden's head when he went 6-6 or 7-5 like they do with KF. Why? Because he was great years earlier? or because he resurrected the program from the dead in 1980? I'm saying it's a different culture today...the Iowa fan of today has no recollection of the road through the 70s. I just don't understand this segment of the fan base that is so negative on KF. His teams are physical...no one pushes them around (or rarely)...and they compete through the whistle on every play. Granted our bowl experiences haven't been great lately...but I think he's putting together a really good run over the next few years. There are very few holes in the team next year, except (WR & LB) and we have young talent there.

The most important thing to teach them is to strive for greatness. In any thing they attempt. Make the effort. If someone had taken the time to teach that simple lesson to Gary Barta, we wouldn't be in this mess.

So do you teach your kids to root for Alabama? I'm going to teach my kids to try their best at everything they do (as long as they like it enough to warrant trying their best). I don't think which team they root for falls into the category of "things they do".

So do you teach your kids to root for Alabama? I'm going to teach my kids to try their best at everything they do (as long as they like it enough to warrant trying their best). I don't think which team they root for falls into the category of "things they do".
You're entitled to raise your kids any way you like. I raise my kids to value courage and avoid gutless characters. That's probably why they don't watch Iowa sports. They're smarter than their old man. That's for sure. In that I was successful.
I think I just came up with the appropriate nickname for our AD. GUTLESS GARY BARTA.

Well, we are at a disadvantage for the Director's Cup in the Big 10. We have no mens' hockey, no mens' soccer and no mens' lacrosse teams. We have no womens' lacrosse team. And those are only the Big 10 sports. Since the Director's Cup is a cumulative award and not a composite award, we are at a 4 sport disadvantage.

You're entitled to raise your kids any way you like. I raise my kids to value courage and avoid gutless characters. That's probably why they don't watch Iowa sports. They're smarter than their old man. That's for sure. In that I was successful.
I think I just came up with the appropriate nickname for our AD. GUTLESS GARY BARTA.
Last I checked, no one on this board is actually affiliated with any athletic program at the University of Iowa, so that "winner's mindset" does squat for Iowa athletics.

It's great to strive for greatness in life, but to say you "strive for greatness" in a team that the most real connection you have to is geography and maybe donations is a bunch of chest-puffing nonsense.

Well, we are at a disadvantage for the Director's Cup in the Big 10. We have no mens' hockey, no mens' soccer and no mens' lacrosse teams. We have no womens' lacrosse team. And those are only the Big 10 sports. Since the Director's Cup is a cumulative award and not a composite award, we are at a 4 sport disadvantage.
The excuses are endless for Iowa athletics. Gary thanks you. ;)

Now just show how "reasonable" is it that the same guy leads an AD that's dead last, or next to dead last in every Directors Cup since he took the job? He was on as many or more championship teams as a back up at NDSU, than he's seen come through the doors at Iowa, by any coach he's hired, in his entire tenure!
I'd prefer that you leave your idea of "reason" out of it. It doesn't measure up.

You just asked another guy to put a plastic bag over his head for 20 minutes. That doesn't sound too reasonable to me.

Well, I wish you would have told me you were an "internet tough guy" at the beginning of our discussion, so I would have known to be more careful about how I communicated with you. Ummm, the comparison is actually pretty close between the two...Fry and Ferentz. Both have stewarded the program well and they have had great teams in similar numbers. It's just a slightly different brand of offensive football and I've enjoyed both to be honest.

Once again, you missed my point...people weren't calling for Hayden's head when he went 6-6 or 7-5 like they do with KF. Why? Because he was great years earlier? or because he resurrected the program from the dead in 1980? I'm saying it's a different culture today...the Iowa fan of today has no recollection of the road through the 70s. I just don't understand this segment of the fan base that is so negative on KF. His teams are physical...no one pushes them around (or rarely)...and they compete through the whistle on every play. Granted our bowl experiences haven't been great lately...but I think he's putting together a really good run over the next few years. There are very few holes in the team next year, except (WR & LB) and we have young talent there.

OK points, but few were calling for KFs head the first or second round of mediocrity. Few (except for prevent defense when Iowa was ahead) would argue the HF was ever playing not to lose or to just keep it close. The 97 team that was 7-5 put up plus 60 three times and had another 31 point win.

Keeping up making comparisons just doesn't work. KF has put up plus 50 how many times?

lightening I agree with some of your sentiments - I don't care much for Barta. However if you think he doesn't want to win that's delusional. I'm not going to defend the guy because I think he is a dunce.

But your chest pumping and speeches about "strive for greatness".... You look silly sir. Because one when we here people say stuff like this with no evidence - it looks like bullshit.

I'm no genius myself and don't take this the wrong way.. but when you go spouting off like that

Honestly dude you look like the mark.

lightening I agree with some of your sentiments - I don't care much for Barta. However if you think he doesn't want to win that's delusional. I'm not going to defend the guy because I think he is a dunce.

But your chest pumping and speeches about "strive for greatness".... You look silly sir. Because one when we here people say stuff like this with no evidence - it looks like bullshit.

I'm no genius myself and don't take this the wrong way.. but when you go spouting off like that

Honestly dude you look like the mark.
I think Barta would love to win. But it's way down the list of objectives in his plan.
I don't care what you think. Barta either doesn't care about winning or he isn't capable of hiring the right people to accomplish that goal. You decide which one.

Latest posts