Boycott Iowa athletics until Gary Barta is gone!

I have a cool idea, how about you do what you want and let others do what they want not act like what you say is going to make some revolutionary change that is for sure to only bring a positive change. Might be hard to hire someone to come do Bartas job when he thinks and feels everyone is going to abandon him once things start to go stale. Great advice fans turning their back on the sports program is the best way to get someone relevant and capable to want to come in. I think we are all aware of how Iowa athletics work we only win big in wrestling everything else is 50/50 good or bad or just ok each year. Big deal if we all spent the time on our own lives making them better we wouldnt have so many posters here crying about how we can change Iowa sports when the fact is we cant.

That's the best thing we could do, as Iowa fans. No ticket purchases. No apparel.

I have a cool idea, how about you do what you want and let others do what they want not act like what you say is going to make some revolutionary change that is for sure to only bring a positive change. Might be hard to hire someone to come do Bartas job when he thinks and feels everyone is going to abandon him once things start to go stale. Great advice fans turning their back on the sports program is the best way to get someone relevant and capable to want to come in. I think we are all aware of how Iowa athletics work we only win big in wrestling everything else is 50/50 good or bad or just ok each year. Big deal if we all spent the time on our own lives making them better we wouldnt have so many posters here crying about how we can change Iowa sports when the fact is we cant.
b52742eaa802150007e1967f0804d76eee4b12fcd15ca1a695442dd1f9f5360d.jpg

Its a fine line, IMO. I don't support Barta, but I'll support the players regardless. They chose to be Hawkeyes and deserve our support. However, sagging ticket sales does hurt the bottom line, and thats what Barta really cares about....see pre-2015 football season.
Allways support players.Hawks play tough.

OK points, but few were calling for KFs head the first or second round of mediocrity. Few (except for prevent defense when Iowa was ahead) would argue the HF was ever playing not to lose or to just keep it close. The 97 team that was 7-5 put up plus 60 three times and had another 31 point win.

Keeping up making comparisons just doesn't work. KF has put up plus 50 how many times?

So, Hayden's wins count for 1.5 for each win he scored 50? I still think a win is a win. That 2015 team was a hell of a lot of fun to watch and I didn't give a rat's ass if they weren't scoring 50 on people. If Fry got you down, he buried you...I get that...whereas KF will put the ball in the refrigerator trying to preserve the win. It's may give you a different feeling about the win...but it counts the same.

So, Hayden's wins count for 1.5 for each win he scored 50? I still think a win is a win. That 2015 team was a hell of a lot of fun to watch and I didn't give a rat's ass if they weren't scoring 50 on people. If Fry got you down, he buried you...I get that...whereas KF will put the ball in the refrigerator trying to preserve the win. It's may give you a different feeling about the win...but it counts the same.

Not disagreeing. Trying to explain the differences why it is futile to compare the 2. One was a Marketer. The other...is what he is. Controlling? Fry though was a master controller through marketing.

Yea, I'm not going to stop watching on TV, but I'm also not going to go to all extremes to make the trip to Carver to watch it live.
Agree, I won't stop watching games but there is a big difference between watching a game on TV with cable I already pay for vs. driving 10 hours and spending $1500 to go to the game in IC.

It is a valid point to say that the only way most fans have a vote in the performance of Iowa sports is with their wallet. If you're just going to reflexively buy tickets every year and pay whatever the school demands for whatever product they put out there, they have zero reason to listen to your opinion. They got you by the short hairs, and they'll lead you wherever they want. I personally don't care what you do with your money. You have to decide that for yourself.

The excuses are endless for Iowa athletics. Gary thanks you. ;)

Stanford regularly wins the NCAA Director's Cup (they finished 2nd the first year of the award and won every other year) and has 16 mens' sports and 20 womens' sports. Ohio St regularly wins the Director's Cup in the Big 10 and has 18 mens' sports and 19 womens' sports. Iowa has 10 mens' sports and 12 womens' sports.

Tell me, since you want to win the Director's Cup in the Big 10, how do we make up the difference of 15 sports?

I'm not saying that Barta is good or bad, but for this award he's at a distinct disadvantage and changing AD's isn't going to miraculously make 15 more sports appear at Iowa.

And, by the way, the highest finish that Iowa has ever had was in 2004-2005. They finished 39th. (I wonder who was the AD then?) And we finished 51st nationally last year (2016-2017).

Stanford regularly wins the NCAA Director's Cup (they finished 2nd the first year of the award and won every other year) and has 16 mens' sports and 20 womens' sports. Ohio St regularly wins the Director's Cup in the Big 10 and has 18 mens' sports and 19 womens' sports. Iowa has 10 mens' sports and 12 womens' sports.

Tell me, since you want to win the Director's Cup in the Big 10, how do we make up the difference of 15 sports?

I'm not saying that Barta is good or bad, but for this award he's at a distinct disadvantage and changing AD's isn't going to miraculously make 15 more sports appear at Iowa.

And, by the way, the highest finish that Iowa has ever had was in 2004-2005. They finished 39th. (I wonder who was the AD then?) And we finished 51st nationally last year (2016-2017).
right-Talk-hand.gif

So no real answer. All you want to do is bitch about the AD on this board (which will not affect his job one iota). Got it.
If enough people get angry and contact the university president, don't buy tickets, etc. it will make a difference eventually. Its like an election. You have people who expect more on one side, Pollyannas on the other and we're using our message to fight for that middle undecided voter.

Latest posts