Bowlsby Vs. The ACC

This, however, gives him a chance to be Czar of one of the first Superconferences and begin the whole reformation process.

This also gives him a chance to move the Superconference game to Ames. :)

why would Scott be OK with this? I don't understand how he could benefit from conference realignment? What college football teams could he add to make the PAC 12 earn more money.

Clearly Scott is in the worst shape when it comes to possible conference expansion. My only thought is if he can work something out with Bowlsby to maybe let the P12 get into Texas. As it is right now, the Western side of the B12 would have 9 schools.

Just seems like Scott and Bowlsby would have to strike a deal where the original P8 could be a division and then there would be an Eastern division with Colorado, Utah, UofA, ASU, and 4 others (perhaps some transfers from the B12 Western Half).

Last edited:
Clearly Scott is in the worst shape when it comes to possible conference expansion. My only thought is if he can work something out with Bowlsby to maybe let the P12 get into Texas. As it is right now, the Western side of the B12 would have 9 schools.

Just seems like Scott and Bowlsby would have to strike a deal where the original P8 could be a division and then there would be an Eastern division with Colorado, Utah, UofA, ASU, and 4 others (perhaps some transfers from the B12 Western Half).

You really think Bowlsby is going to "strike a deal" with the Pac 12, and "transfer" some of the "B12 western half" schools to the PAC? Your stuff is getting dumber and dumber.

You really think Bowlsby is going to "strike a deal" with the Pac 12, and "transfer" some of the "B12 western half" schools to the PAC? Your stuff is getting dumber and dumber.

I dunno...I think Bowlsby just might be willing to sacrifice ISU, & the Kansas schools in return for some decent schools and markets in the East. Wouldn't you?

I dunno...I think Bowlsby just might be willing to sacrifice ISU, & the Kansas schools in return for some decent schools and markets in the East. Wouldn't you?

Clones are delusional (big surprise) if they think Bowlsby is going to do them any special favors, simply because he's from Iowa.

He's a player in the NCAA and is going to assemble the best group of teams and strongest conference he can. He may spare ISU, but not much more. Then again...that alone would be a huge favor.

I could easily see a big game of musical chairs happening in a conference expansion/reordering between B12 & P12 country...and ISU get left standing at the end. especially if the B12 wants to move East in a big way.

Bowlsby may be thinking of building a new "Big Market" version of the SEC: B12 South coupled with ACC South, with old B12 North left to hang out and dry.

I could easily see a big game of musical chairs happening in a conference expansion/reordering between B12 & P12 country...and ISU get left standing at the end. especially if the B12 wants to move East in a big way.

Bowlsby may be thinking of building a new "Big Market" version of the SEC: B12 South coupled with ACC South, with old B12 North left to hang out and dry.
From a trust factor i cant see Bowlsby getting rid of any members of the of the big 12 conference. I do think getting Florida st and Clemson would be huge win for the big 12. Does any one know when the big tens tv contracts are up? If the big ten expands i hope the following teams come in Duke, North Carolina, Maryland, and Virgina. This is a lot of big huge tv markets.

From a trust factor i cant see Bowlsby getting rid of any members of the of the big 12 conference. I do think getting Florida st and Clemson would be huge win for the big 12. Does any one know when the big tens tv contracts are up? If the big ten expands i hope the following teams come in Duke, North Carolina, Maryland, and Virgina. This is a lot of big huge tv markets.

Maybe for basketball. Nobody watches Duke or Maryland football. And football is where the $$$ is.

I wouldn't expect Duke and Carolina. Only need one Carolina school to expand that footprint. Also think this is why Maryland is possible. True, they aren't a big football school, but it expands the footprint. ND is the only school I could see that wouldn't expand the footprint that I could see the B1G going after.

I wouldn't expect Duke and Carolina. Only need one Carolina school to expand that footprint. Also think this is why Maryland is possible. True, they aren't a big football school, but it expands the footprint. ND is the only school I could see that wouldn't expand the footprint that I could see the B1G going after.

I cant see NC coming without duke, they seemed to tied together!!! Just my opinion. North Carolina is a huge state i believe 15 million and growing, it would be worth it to add these eye balls.

I cant see NC coming without duke, they seemed to tied together!!! Just my opinion. North Carolina is a huge state i believe 15 million and growing, it would be worth it to add these eye balls.

They are tied together, but that is contingent on the ACC. If the ACC implodes, Duke will look really attractive to the basketball schools, but not so much for the football schools. Carolina will definitely want to be in a primary football conference.

They can always play an annual game like Louisville/UK.

Wake is also an interesting case. That could be the one that Bowlsby goes after. So it could end up like this UNC(B1G) NC State (SEC) Wake (B12) Duke (BE/ACC).

This is a pure thinking off the top of my head guess.

They are tied together, but that is contingent on the ACC. If the ACC implodes, Duke will look really attractive to the basketball schools, but not so much for the football schools. Carolina will definitely want to be in a primary football conference.

They can always play an annual game like Louisville/UK.

Wake is also an interesting case. That could be the one that Bowlsby goes after. So it could end up like this UNC(B1G) NC State (SEC) Wake (B12) Duke (BE/ACC).

This is a pure thinking off the top of my head guess.
With the resources North Carolina has it is a sleeping giant....

I could see this. Kansas, Nebraska, Western Iowa, are pretty sparse markets. The great plains (Dakotas down to Okie) don't offer much...demographically $peaking. Nebraska and Mizzou look pretty smart now with their respective moves.

I could see this. Kansas, Nebraska, Western Iowa, are pretty sparse markets. The great plains (Dakotas down to Okie) don't offer much...demographically $peaking. Nebraska and Mizzou look pretty smart now with their respective moves.

Something tells me you grumble about ISU while you sleep as well.