Bowl talk

Michigan absolutely will go to the BCS as long as they beat OSU (Which they will). With Ok St and Stanford losing, Michigan is well above either of those 2 teams. Michigan will likely go to the Fiesta Bowl. If Iowa beats Nebraska this is how I see it.Rose - WisconsinFiesta - MichiganCap One - MSUOutback - IowaInsight - NebraskaGator - Penn StTexas - Ohio StTicket City - IllinoisPizza - NorthwesternAt large bowl - PurdueIf Iowa loses to Nebraska then:Rose - WisconsinFiesta - MichiganCap One - MSUOutback - NebraskaInsight - Penn StGator - IowaTexas - OSUTicket City - IllinoisPizza - NWOther - Purdue

Bingo. You are dead on. And I agree completely.

PSU is toxic to the bowl committees. They will drop below Iowa,Neb and MSU.
Iowa will get either Outback or Gator....I am hoping for Outback vs South Carolina again....they are and solid SEC team,that will be ranked around 12th in the country,and yet,they do not have their star rb or senior QB,so I think Iowa can take them....best of all worlds.

If Iowa can somehow beat Nebby in Lincoln, they'd be 8-4, the same record as the Huskers. I wonder if they get the better bowl?

Regardless, a better bowl is on the horizon for Iowa as long as they don't get pummeled Friday.

So basically, Iowa still has a bowl ceiling of the Outback.

The best way for that to happen is Michigan to win and make a BCS bowl. And for Iowa to beat Nebraska.

Even with that, you think the Outback picks Iowa over Nebraska? That'd be 4 times in 10 seasons for Iowa...gotta think Nebraska would be extremely tempting to the committee. Travel better, more attractive TV option, etc...why Iowa?

Michigan absolutely will go to the BCS as long as they beat OSU (Which they will). With Ok St and Stanford losing, Michigan is well above either of those 2 teams. Michigan will likely go to the Fiesta Bowl.

If Iowa beats Nebraska this is how I see it.

Rose - Wisconsin
Fiesta - Michigan
Cap One - MSU
Outback - Iowa
Insight - Nebraska
Gator - Penn St
Texas - Ohio St
Ticket City - Illinois
Pizza - Northwestern
At large bowl - Purdue

If Iowa loses to Nebraska then:
Rose - Wisconsin
Fiesta - Michigan
Cap One - MSU
Outback - Nebraska
Insight - Penn St
Gator - Iowa
Texas - OSU
Ticket City - Illinois
Pizza - NW
Other - Purdue

Completely agree. Except if Iowa loses, I think they may fall to the Texas Bowl.

I want to believe it, but what makes you guys think the Outback takes Iowa over Nebraska even if Iowa beats them?

Both teams 8-4, Iowa moving in a positive direction, Nebraska in a negative direction. Plus the Outback Bowl President personally told me a couple years ago that they LOVE the Hawkeyes. Then I offered him to play a game of flippy cup, but he declined. He did take a Coors Light though.

I want to believe it, but what makes you guys think the Outback takes Iowa over Nebraska even if Iowa beats them?

I dont have any insight into how bowls choose their programs. I know a lot money is thrown around, etc...

However, this is what I see when they have to choose if Iowa wins.

Nebraska - loser of 3 out of their last 4 games (to NW, Iowa, and killed by Mich)

Iowa - winner of 3 out of their last 4 game (including beating said Nebraska, beating a maybe 2 loss Michigan team, and beating Purdue). With their only loss in that span to division winning MSU.

I used to think the bowls cared about things like head to head and recent performance. But I don't think they do.

1). Nebraska would bring more fans.
2). Nebraska would generate better TV ratings.

Again, I hope I am wrong, but if these two things are true, is there any way the Outback picks Iowa?

Nebby will be attractive to the Florida bowls because they are a new fan base. Plus it could offer a new match up.

Always hard to pass on the Hawks though.

I don't think it really matters if Iowa wins or loses against Nebraska I think they are Gator Bowl bound. Even if they beat Nebraska I doubt Iowa gets taken before them. Nebraska is better ratings and brings just as many people as Iowa.

This is why I hate the bowl tie-ins. Other then the BCS Bowls, what's the point of having bowl tie-ins to conferences? We've been to like everyone of these freaking bowls multiple times, for a system trying to get fans to travel and make money it makes very little sense. Have the BCS and then have the rest of the bowls be a gigantic free for all, or be able to pick in a certain ordser. Also why does the BCS rotate picks every year like 3rd pick 6th pick, 4th pick 7th pick..... Why not just do 1-2 next bowl gets to pick 3-4, 5-6 and so on. Plus this way the big east can play boise in the who cares bcs bowl instead of having them ruin 2 bowl games.

Outback would jump at the chance to take Neb since they've never been there.

Assuming UM to BCS, if Iowa wins and gets to 8-4, they will be battling 9-3 PSU for the Insight.

PSU cannot beat Wisc, however. If they do, they are guaranteed at least the Insight as division champs.

An Iowa loss to Nub, Mich loss, or Wisc loss sets up a Gator showdown between Iowa and OSU.

Welcome Tex!

For what ist worth nothing in Texas (especially Houston) is 20 minutes away. As far as I can tell the minimum amount of time required to get from any particular place to any other particular place is 45 minutes and usually closer to an hour. Going from one town to any other town never takes less than 3 hours

I can get to Reliant in 20 from my place....