Bowl talk

Pounding Nebraska 45-17 definately helped their cause.

Rose-Wisky
Fiesta-Michigan
Cap 1 - Michigan State
Outback - Nebraska (win vs. Iowa)
Gator - Iowa or Penn State (PSU Win Today they are here unless scandal causes drop then Iowa)
Insight - Penn State, Iowa or Ohio State (May not want Iowa 2 yrs in a row, therefore Penn St.)
Ticket City - Ohio State (loss today) or Iowa (loss vs. Neb.)

Insight and Gator rotate picks each year. Gator picked first last year so Insight picks first this year.

As of the end of Big Ten play today, here's my *guess* for the bowls:

Rose: Wisconsin vs. Oregon
BCS At-Large (Fiesta): Michigan vs. Stanford
Capital One: Michigan State vs. Arkansas
Outback: Nebraska vs. South Carolina
Insight: Iowa vs. Texas
Gator: Penn State vs. Florida
Texas: Ohio State vs. Baylor
TicketCity: Illinois vs. Iowa State
Pizza: Purdue vs. Ohio
New Mexico: Northwestern vs. Air Force

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Big Ten still has that 2 win rule still in effect? The rule where a 7 win team could not get selected before a 9 win team. Because with Penn State just beating Ohio State a bowl may be forced to take them.

I heard Jon say on Sound Off that the Bowl Comitee's may be hesitant to take Penn St. Iowa could be picked a head of them. Iowa also travels better. Jon also said that the comitte's don't have to take a 8-9 win team over a 7-8 win team. Who wants Penn St. right now?

Rose Bowl - MSU/Wisconsin winner
BCS (Fiesta) - Michigan
Cap One - MSU/Wisconsin loser
Outback - Nebraska
Insight - Penn State
Gator Bowl - IOWA

I hope they come to Houston. Totally selfish reason since I live here. Reliant is a awesome facility and it would be nice to be 20 minutes away for a change.

Michigan will not get a BCS berth not with 3 losses, so move everyone down a notch;
besides they were talking on ESPN has a chance to have 10 teams eligible for Bowl games

Rose Bowl - MSU/Wisconsin winnerBCS (Fiesta) - MichiganCap One - MSU/Wisconsin loserOutback - NebraskaInsight - Penn StateGator Bowl - IOWA

I think you are right on and feel it will be Gator bowl win or lose on Friday. Although a win opens up a possibility of an outback bid. All assuming Wis beats Penn St and Mich beats tOSU.
Pretty sure Penn St went to Tampa last year and Tampa lovea the Hawks, so I think that gives us a leg up on PSU.

I hope they come to Houston. Totally selfish reason since I live here. Reliant is a awesome facility and it would be nice to be 20 minutes away for a change.

Welcome Tex!

For what ist worth nothing in Texas (especially Houston) is 20 minutes away. As far as I can tell the minimum amount of time required to get from any particular place to any other particular place is 45 minutes and usually closer to an hour. Going from one town to any other town never takes less than 3 hours

Michigan absolutely will go to the BCS as long as they beat OSU (Which they will). With Ok St and Stanford losing, Michigan is well above either of those 2 teams. Michigan will likely go to the Fiesta Bowl.

If Iowa beats Nebraska this is how I see it.

Rose - Wisconsin
Fiesta - Michigan
Cap One - MSU
Outback - Iowa
Insight - Nebraska
Gator - Penn St
Texas - Ohio St
Ticket City - Illinois
Pizza - Northwestern
At large bowl - Purdue

If Iowa loses to Nebraska then:
Rose - Wisconsin
Fiesta - Michigan
Cap One - MSU
Outback - Nebraska
Insight - Penn St
Gator - Iowa
Texas - OSU
Ticket City - Illinois
Pizza - NW
Other - Purdue

Michigan absolutely will go to the BCS as long as they beat OSU (Which they will). With Ok St and Stanford losing, Michigan is well above either of those 2 teams. Michigan will likely go to the Fiesta Bowl. If Iowa beats Nebraska this is how I see it.Rose - WisconsinFiesta - MichiganCap One - MSUOutback - IowaInsight - NebraskaGator - Penn StTexas - Ohio StTicket City - IllinoisPizza - NorthwesternAt large bowl - PurdueIf Iowa loses to Nebraska then:Rose - WisconsinFiesta - MichiganCap One - MSUOutback - NebraskaInsight - Penn StGator - IowaTexas - OSUTicket City - IllinoisPizza - NWOther - Purdue