Indiana - Gator
Illinois - Redbox
Michigan State - Pinstripe
Nebraska - Lincoln, NE
Purdue--West Lafayette IN
NU--Evanston, IL
Rutgers--New Brunswick, NJ
Maryland--College Park, MD

I'm sure the New Year's Day bowls are licking their chops for an offensive juggernaut like Iowa...at 23 points a game.
Fixed it for ya ;)

ESPN experts has Iowa in either the Redbox (vs Cal) or Gator (vs Kentucky). But both of them have Penn State in the Rose Bowl with Wisconsin being in the Citrus. If that does happen then I believe Iowa is Gator bowl bound. I can't imagine Indiana passing Iowa in the bowl pecking order.

But I still want to believe the Big Ten sends Wisconsin to the Rose Bowl win or lose against Ohio State.

CBS Sports is saying Ohio State is a lock for the playoffs even with a loss in the BTC. So root for Wisconsin to win if you want to see Iowa get a shot at the Citrus Bowl. I think PSU gets into a NY6 bowl game regardless.

B1G will probably be Orange, instead of Citrus, with Penn State going there.
The Orange is losing Clemson to the CFP and will take Virginia and need Penn State to sell tickets/move the needle, for this game.

This means Michigan (vs Florida) to Outback and Iowa (vs Arizona State) to Holiday.
Yes, we saw Michigan vs Florida last year in the Peach Bowl, but we've seen the Outback do what is best to sell tickets.

It's probably Arizona State in the Holiday Bowl, as USC is probably going to go to the Alamo Bowl, as Utah/Oregon will be NY6 with Utah, maybe CFP, instead.

Minnesota will probably fall to the Gator Bowl.

I would be shocked if it's not Iowa to the Holiday Bowl.
Citrus is not happening as the Orange will take that selection with probably Penn State.

Last edited:
I hear all kinds of stuff about the gator bow.

1) Iowa CANT GO to the gator bowl.
2) Iowa CANT GO - BUT - maybe there is an odd negotiation that might open it up.
Enough SEC. Go West and Beat a struggling team.

We can go to the Gator Bowl and it's B1G vs SEC this year, as the Music City Bowl will be ACC vs SEC.
The only bowl we can't go to is the Outback Bowl.

With new bowl game contracts starting next year, I wonder if there will be a lot more negotiating and brokering deals this year with match ups.

For example, the SEC will not have enough teams to fill their bowl spots. Those bowls that miss out on an SEC team probably won't be too excited to replace SEC with a 6-6 team from MAC or Sun Belt.

One of those bowls that could miss out on an SEC team could be Music City. With Music City becoming a yearly permanent bowl for BIG Ten next year, maybe Music City lobbies for a bigger name BIG Ten team (Iowa, Michigan) to fill that SEC spot to try to market their bowl and get better attendance / national attention.

If BIG lineup shakes out like this: OSU - playoffs, PSU - rose, Wisco - Citrus, Minn - Outback, Mich - Holiday, and if Gator can't take Iowa, I just don't see the BIG Ten sending #16 9-3 Iowa down to the RedBox game. I would have to think they would try to negotiate a more attractive option for Iowa.

We can go to the Gator Bowl and it's B1G vs SEC this year, as the Music City Bowl will be ACC vs SEC.
The only bowl we can't go to is the Outback Bowl.

I think it has to do with the fact that iowa was there in 2014

B1G will probably be Orange, instead of Citrus, with Penn State going there.
The Orange is losing Clemson to the CFP and will take Virginia and need Penn State to sell tickets/move the needle, for this game.

This means Michigan (vs Florida) to Outback and Iowa (vs Arizona State) to Holiday.
Yes, we saw Michigan vs Florida last year in the Peach Bowl, but we've seen the Outback do what is best to sell tickets.

It's probably Arizona State in the Holiday Bowl, as USC is probably going to go to the Alamo Bowl, as Utah/Oregon will be NY6 with Utah, maybe CFP, instead.

Minnesota will probably fall to the Gator Bowl.

I would be shocked if it's not Iowa to the Holiday Bowl.
Citrus is not happening as the Orange will take that selection with probably Penn State.

Minnesota is locked into the Outback Bowl, Michigan was just there in 2018, so in your scenario Michigan is in the Holiday and Iowa drops to the Gator.

I'm hoping another NY6 bowl besides the Orange Bowl takes PSU because you are right in that it eliminates the Citrus Bowl for us.

Why would the Holiday pick Iowa over Michigan? If they don’t, then I could see Indiana to Gator and Iowa to Redbox.

Why would the Holiday pick Iowa over Michigan? If they don’t, then I could see Indiana to Gator and Iowa to Redbox.

If the Big Ten forces the Gator to take Indiana I'm sure that would really piss off the Gator Bowl reps. I suppose it could happen as Iowa was just there in 2015 and Indiana has never been to the Gator Bowl.

Again, gotta hope PSU goes to a NY6 bowl besides the Orange. No way Iowa gets picked over Michigan for the Holiday Bowl.

If the Big Ten forces the Gator to take Indiana I'm sure that would really piss off the Gator Bowl reps. I suppose it could happen as Iowa was just there in 2015 and Indiana has never been to the Gator Bowl.

Again, gotta hope PSU goes to a NY6 bowl besides the Orange. No way Iowa gets picked over Michigan for the Holiday Bowl.

If only Iowa had beat PSU.

If Iowa is going to play a 7-5 team then send us out west Against Arizona StAte Or California.

What is your thinking here?

I'd like another crack at Tennessee and possibly get another win over a SEC school. Tennessee has been playing really well lately having won 5 in a row.

What is your thinking here?

I'd like another crack at Tennessee and possibly get another win over a SEC school. Tennessee has been playing really well lately having won 5 in a row.

My thinking is personal preference I suppose. Nothing about Jacksonville and the Gator excites me. Neither does Tennessee or Kentucky.

I’m sticking with this:

Ohio State - CFP
Wisconsin- Rose
Pedo State - NY6
Iowa - Citrus
Minnesota- Outback
Michigan - Holiday
Indiana - Gator
Illinois - Redbox
Michigan State - Pinstripe

Minnesota has never been in the Outback and it’s been a long time since Michigan has been in the Holiday and Iowa has been in the Citrus.

I've heard Michigan is pretty much a lock for the Holiday. I also think Iowa Citris for some reason.