Bowl Predictions

OUTBACK
Probably Michigan, but the B1G will lobby for Minnesota.
I can only see Minnesota, if the opponent is Florida.

Michigan cannot go to the Outback Bowl, they were just there 2 years ago. Minnesota is a lock for the Outback and I'm almost certain Michigan is heading to the Holiday.

That’s interesting, thanks for the link. That rule makes zero sense. Iowa is going to get screwed it seems like. Maybe Penn State can get the sugar bowl instead and it will work out.

Having a B1G go to the Orange and then having the Citrus fill that spot with the top ACC team available against the top SEC team available will not happen. Being since a 9-4 UVA team is going to the Orange already, if they played a B1G team that would make the Citrus choose more than likely an 8-4 Virginia Tech team to play more than likely Bama or Auburn. Not going to happen.

Having a B1G go to the Orange and then having the Citrus fill that spot with the top ACC team available against the top SEC team available will not happen. Being since a 9-4 UVA team is going to the Orange already, if they played a B1G team that would make the Citrus choose more than likely an 8-4 Virginia Tech team to play more than likely Bama or Auburn. Not going to happen.
So Cotton or Sugar would make more sense for Penn State... assuming there is logic involved in this process.

So Cotton or Sugar would make more sense for Penn State... assuming there is logic involved in this process.

Sugar is always SEC champ (or replacement) vs B12 (or replacement), so no PSU there.

What we really need is a B10 team in the Cotton. For that to happen, the B10 team (Wisky or PSU, whichever is lower) to be in the last spot to be selected to a New Years Six game.

Basically, presuming Clemson and one of B12 or P12 champ is in the playoffs, since Virginia would replace Clemson in the Orange and a replacement from B12 or P12 is chosen for the Sugar / Rose, and since Group of 5 has a team in as well, we want Wisky or PSU (lower of the two) to be 9th in the rankings.

If Georgia beats LSU and gets into the playoff with LSU, OSU, and Clemson, we then want the lower of Wisky and PSU to be 10th in the final rankings, as B12 and P12 only get one team each into the NY6 and the 10th ranked team would then be the last one into the NY6.

In either of these scenarios, that lower ranked team gets sent to the Cotton, and then B10 still gets the Citrus. Then Iowa is no worse than the Holiday.

I haven't the slightest idea. I do wonder if the bowls still have these scouts that go to regular season games? I'd love a soft job like that.

This is the picture the Tax Slayer Bowl has on the front page of their web site

tixandparking-653x447.jpg
At what point during that game were Hawkeye fans cheering and Volunteers beside themselves?

At what point during that game were Hawkeye fans cheering and Volunteers beside themselves?

That's a real good question. I had forgotten how much of a blow out loss that game was. At no point in that game was there ever a doubt on who was going to win. Tennessee pretty much dominated Iowa from start to finish, Iowa scored a few 4th quarter TD's during garbage time.

Latest posts