Bohannon surgery -might miss season

Listening to Hawk Central from yesterday via Podcast, and I'd say he is gonna miss next season. Best case scenario is like 5 months recovery they were saying, and that doesn't even give him time to get into game shape. And that is BEST CASE.

Listening to Hawk Central from yesterday via Podcast, and I'd say he is gonna miss next season. Best case scenario is like 5 months recovery they were saying, and that doesn't even give him time to get into game shape. And that is BEST CASE.

Got the same read from that.

Shooting is the Bohannon forte. I don't see him getting a lot of practice shots in with the type of surgery he had. He won't be in basketball shape or shooting shape.

If he can’t play next year he will be a valuable asset the following season.

Washed Up Walkons podcast had some interesting commentary on this. Kevin Ward had the exact same surgery his senior year of high school that Bohannon had. He said that after 3.5 months (he had his surgery in Feb), he was riding the stationary bike every day for 2 hours and that by 5.5 months, he was back to 100% and didn't feel any ill effects from the surgery. Said the thing that took the longest to get back were deep squats. If that timeline held for Bohannon, that would put him doing bike work at the end of August with full recuperation at the end of October. Then he'd have to get back into "basketball shape" as well as working on getting his shot back. That probably, aggressively, means he'd be back to "normal" by the end of November.

I just think that's cutting it too close and, if I were him, I'd just plan on taking a redshirt and not rushing things and taking a chance on re-injuring it.

Last edited:
Has there been any official word about the outcome of the surgery? Even some empty medical gobbledee-gook would be better than this silence.

Has there been any official word about the outcome of the surgery? Even some empty medical gobbledee-gook would be better than this silence.

I doubt you're going to get "official" word on the surgery....HIPPA and all....but JBo's Instagram post said the surgery went well. So that's probably as "official" as you're going to get I'm guessing....

Bohannon Update via his Twitter. Has time to practice his other career.

Jordan will have time to play COD and other games, study, and watch a ton of TV. He can rewatch GOT and Deadwood and the first season of True Detective and countless other diversions.....

That is what I have had to do after hip replacement last August with a pinched nerve in my knee as a result of the operation. Had to wear a knee brace or my knee would buckle and down goes Humpty Dumpty. Knee still isn't back to ideal, but I can get around without the brace.....

A less than complete Jordan would not be advisable, in my opinion. The following season he should be better than he was playing with the injury.....

We will miss him next season, no doubt, but it will give JoeT and CJ valuable playing time. Connor should be proficient running the point with JoeT backing him.....

Losing 3 starters and handyman Nicholas Baer, even with a healthy Bo, it will be a rebuilding year. I really don't forsee a season like 2 years ago. There is a lot of experience on the team. And I am positive that PMac will be solid and will certainly provide scoring punch. I look forward to seeing him and JoeW on the court together. They have the potential to be a solid scoring nightmare for the opposition.....

Merely the deranged musings of an unrepentant homer.....

Onward and upward

:cool:

Losing 3 starters and handyman Nicholas Baer even with a healthy Bo, it will be a revbuilding year. I really don't forsee a season like 2 years ago. There is a lot of experience on the team. And I am positive that PMac will be solid and will certainly provide scoring punch. I look forward to seenig him and JoeW on the court together. They have the potential to be a solid scoring nightmare for the opposition.....

Merely the deranged musings of an unrepentant homer.....

Onward and upward

Last edited:
yeah, I think that's fair, I was just trying to figure out how you knew he didn't and I think you're answer is a good one. It likely would leak. Have all the transfers in the portal already signed? Who's in the portal? Is it public? I wasn't trying to be snarky (for once) - I was just curious where your intel came from since I've heard Fran talking about the portal just last week and it sounded like they were contacting people in it. I know we have history and I didn't want to start nothing.

I personally can't say it quite as definitively because I don't know for certain and I try not to be definitive on things I don't know, but at least from an outsider looking in, I'd have to agree with your assessment w/ Fran on the transfers.

Seems like the market is pretty bear out there if this is the kid we are looking at. Probably not surprising considering how late in the game this is.

Last edited:
Uh oh, this guy started his career at ... Nebraska.

Sounds like he has struggled with injuries having had 3 ankle surgeries, the first one of which took place May of his senior year in HS, ie right before his lone year with the huskers. He had surgery for the second time during his transfer year. Then he had a pretty decent sophomore campaign with Valpo before once again having surgery before this past season in which he struggled to get into a rhythm.

Who knows, maybe this is the perfect break for him to finally be healthy and potentially get a second chance to prove he can play in the Big Ten.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subu...l-valparaiso-bakari-evelyn-st-0227-story.html

Latest posts