Bohannon surgery -might miss season

You have to keep in mind the people I went to high school with that went into teaching are coming up on retirement. My anecdote is from 30 years ago.

You have to keep in mind the people I went to high school with that went into teaching are coming up on retirement. My anecdote is from 30 years ago.

You are basically describing me in vintage. Those I went to school with and myself like to teach. At that time I was very shy. Public speaking was almost impossible. But, I liked to help and had to overcome my fear. Most teachers do like to help. Something does happen to some teachers along the way. Some make it about them. You can tell the ones who are good and doing it for the right reason and quite a few do.

Not sure about PE teachers though. You might be right about some of them.

So Bohannon is sitting out this game. I assume it's so he can play Iowa State. This really looks like he's playing the system. I hope it doesn't bite him.

I’m getting a weird feeling. If JBo sits this season out, it may be the last time we see JBo in an Iowa uniform. With the guys we have now and what we have coming in, and his best bud Kreiner graduating, I think JBo enters his name in the transfer portal for his last year in college. He may end up playing one last year at a school known for one and dones like Kentucky or Duke. There is absolutely no reason for me to think this way, except I got this weird feeling that came over me. Hope I am wrong, but I learned to not dismiss these weird feelings I get.

I’m getting a weird feeling. If JBo sits this season out, it may be the last time we see JBo in an Iowa uniform. With the guys we have now and what we have coming in, and his best bud Kreiner graduating, I think JBo enters his name in the transfer portal for his last year in college. He may end up playing one last year at a school known for one and dones like Kentucky or Duke. There is absolutely no reason for me to think this way, except I got this weird feeling that came over me. Hope I am wrong, but I learned to not dismiss these weird feelings I get.

That sounds like insanity to me.

It is insane. If he sits out another year he is going no where. He’s a Hawkeye through and through.

My question is why is this thread being pushed up again just because he is shaving his beard.? The two ( this thread and his shaving) have nothing to do with each other.

Insanity? One time I was sitting at home watching the news. They came on and said the tragedy hit the Iowa b-ball team before going to commercial. Immediately I knew it was Chris Street that had died. I don’t know how or don’t know why, but I knew it was Chris.
Another time I had a dream that I was driving westbound on I-80. A fish truck passed me on the outside lane and George Raveling was driving it. The next day the news reported Raveling taking the USC job. So excuse me if I dont listen to the that little voice in my head. Call it what you want, but now I listen. Time will tell if I’m right or not. Talk to me then.

Insanity? One time I was sitting at home watching the news. They came on and said the tragedy hit the Iowa b-ball team before going to commercial. Immediately I knew it was Chris Street that had died. I don’t know how or don’t know why, but I knew it was Chris.
Another time I had a dream that I was driving westbound on I-80. A fish truck passed me on the outside lane and George Raveling was driving it. The next day the news reported Raveling taking the USC job. So excuse me if I dont listen to the that little voice in my head. Call it what you want, but now I listen. Time will tell if I’m right or not. Talk to me then.

Lol, those are strange events for sure. Just curious what religion are you affiliated with if any? You can send me a private message if you don’t want to discuss it on here.

That has crossed my mind as well

It not widely known, or perhaps it is, the Val Barnes nearly got in that car with Chris, then at the last minute accepted a ride from James Winters.

Talk about life altering, or perhaps even life saving decisions! I believe Val, Chris and James all lived in the same apartment complex.

It not widely known, or perhaps it is, the Val Barnes nearly got in that car with Chris, then at the last minute accepted a ride from James Winters.

Talk about life altering, or perhaps even life saving decisions! I believe Val, Chris and James all lived in the same apartment complex.

The amount of extra time it takes to get one more person in a car could have been the difference. It's crazy the timing it takes for something like that to happen.

The amount of extra time it takes to get one more person in a car could have been the difference. It's crazy the timing it takes for something like that to happen.
I've never thought of it that way. But I've always believed that when it's your time it's your time. If that plow hadn't collided with him a semi or bus would have.

Im just glad that I'm not a family member or loved one who has probably had the exact scenario you just mentioned replay through their head about a thousand times and lead to sleepless nights. It was tough enough as a fan to lose him.

I've never thought of it that way. But I've always believed that when it's your time it's your time. If that plow hadn't collided with him a semi or bus would have.

Im just glad that I'm not a family member or loved one who has probably had the exact scenario you just mentioned replay through their head about a thousand times and lead to sleepless nights. It was tough enough as a fan to lose him.
I thought that's what you were getting at when you said "life saving", but I guess you were talking about Val.

Latest posts