Bohannon surgery -might miss season

Jeezus! He looks like he's aged 25 years!

He looks like he could have been a backcourt partner of Nick Nurse.

Or Matt Painter.

I can understand he loves playing basketball, but why wouldn't he want another year of free college.

I can understand he loves playing basketball, but why wouldn't he want another year of free college.
His major is interdepartmental studies, would another year of those classes be beneficial? My guess is he will go overseas and play professionally for a few years. An extra year of free college vs a year getting paid $100k overseas and no college classes seems like a no brainer.

My point is that if JBo redshirts this year, it won't be because he wants another year of free college.

Yeah being the starting PG in the B1G and one of the best shooters in the country probably comes with 0 perks outside of your normal scholarship.

His major is interdepartmental studies, would another year of those classes be beneficial? My guess is he will go overseas and play professionally for a few years. An extra year of free college vs a year getting paid $100k overseas and no college classes seems like a no brainer.

My point is that if JBo redshirts this year, it won't be because he wants another year of free college.

None of his brothers every played overseas that I know of. Maybe he will be able to make some money after college in basketball. Its been awhile since I graduated from college, and I have no idea what interdepartmental studies will afford for career opportunities. A lot of these guys end up working for the drug companies.

Wtf do you do with a degree in interdepartmental studies? Serious question. I have no idea what that is.

Wtf do you do with a degree in interdepartmental studies? Serious question. I have no idea what that is.

Could it be one of those majors that Iowa athletes take that maybe allows them to take classes that they're interested while in school knowing that once they graduate they'll get hooked up with a medical sales or insurance job?

I had never heard of such a major so I googled it and Iowa was like the first 5 search results...so it seems sorta Iowa specific.

The official web page for this major is equally as confusing:

https://admissions.uiowa.edu/academics/interdepartmental-studies

It reads like a catch-all for people who don't know what they want to do with their lives. It also notes that most people use this major as a stepping stone towards graduate courses. So my guess is the graduate with this major and then get more specific in their graduate courses?

"have career options in a variety of settings, including retirement homes, hospitals, health clubs, government agencies, insurance companies, and performing arts companies."

Or else....its just a bullshit major that athletes take (most likely).

So, it is no major at all. Just take a bunch of classes that may interest you and move along. Got it.

Could it be one of those majors that Iowa athletes take that maybe allows them to take classes that they're interested while in school knowing that once they graduate they'll get hooked up with a medical sales or insurance job?

Considering that Gordy, Matt, and Jason Bohannon all work for Bohannon Financial/Primerica, I think that Jordan knows he'll have a solid fall-back job if he wants one post graduation. I'm sure he's already had more education from the family business than most college students get from going to class. If I had to guess though, he'll probably play professionally for a few years overseas and then try to make it as a coach.

Love the Interdepartmental Studies discussion here! I changed majors 4 times at Iowa, as I didn't have any clue what career path I wanted to take. Eventually went w/ the Interdepartmental Business Studies track. It was my best option as I wanted to graduate on time but couldn't figure out what to do for the next 40 years. Plenty of people don't have it all figured out at 18 or 20, heck some colleagues of mine in their 40s and 50s have changed industries.

Respect to my fellow INT STUDIES family.

Love the Interdepartmental Studies discussion here! I changed majors 4 times at Iowa, as I didn't have any clue what career path I wanted to take. Eventually went w/ the Interdepartmental Business Studies track. It was my best option as I wanted to graduate on time but couldn't figure out what to do for the next 40 years. Plenty of people don't have it all figured out at 18 or 20, heck some colleagues of mine in their 40s and 50s have changed industries.

No. Just no. The AIRBHG has been gone for a long time, you haven't posted in almost a year, and now you show up right before the ISU game? Are you TRYING to jinx us??? :D

No. Just no. The AIRBHG has been gone for a long time, you haven't posted in almost a year, and now you show up right before the ISU game? Are you TRYING to jinx us??? :D

Haha. Hawks have four capable backs this year. Should be deep enough to outlast the AIRBHG :D

Not to disrespect teachers, my father was a teacher, but your three years of indecision about what to study is how I imagine the people who I went to high school with ended up in teaching. They went to school for three years majoring in partying and then took a look at their transcript and asked, what kind of a degree can I get with this? Hey, I could be a teacher, and have summers off. Party on.

It's just my theory.

Not to disrespect teachers, my father was a teacher, but your three years of indecision about what to study is how I imagine the people who I went to high school with ended up in teaching. They went to school for three years majoring in partying and then took a look at their transcript and asked, what kind of a degree can I get with this? Hey, I could be a teacher, and have summers off. Party on.

It's just my theory.

No, the coursework is pretty specific, at least up until recently with the huge teacher shortage. That specific coursework is what lead to the shortage.

Latest posts