Bohannon stats

Oh I definitely do consider things how I want - and I would say that overwhelmingly Iowa fans understand how good Jordan is, but they also know that he has flaws just like every player in America. That's called being human. You can pick at weak spots in almost every player who's played the game at any level. Aaron White didn't have much of an outside shot, he's still an absolute all time great at Iowa. Kingsbury took horrible shots, smoked and partied more then he played, punched a guy when he was out of bounds ... he's still an all time great. Uthoff played soft, Jok dogged it on defense at times and seemed kind of a "me first" guy. You don't have to LOVE every part of every players game, attitude or persona to acknowledge greatness. I know his defense isn't good... I don't care.
Flaws in your skill set is one thing. Lack of effort is another thing entirely. The good news is that it's easily correctable. It's completely up to Jordan. If he decides to give the same effort on both ends, I'll change my opinion of him. The first time I see him run under a screen next season, I'll know he hasn't changed.

I'm a coach. I want the effort on both ends. Work on improving your weaknesses. Effort on both ends of the floor is an explanation. If you're tired and you need to take a couple of plays off, do it at the offensive end.

We had 2 new starters this year. How many games better were we?

Difference being that the new starters would have to beat out legitimate incumbents at the position.

Who's the second one besides Joe?

Can't speak for PCHawk, but Connor could be the other one at PG. Or Dailey at the 3. Starting lineup of Connor, Bohannon, Wieskamp, Cook, Garza. IMO, it would be bit of a stretch though.

Difference being that the new starters would have to beat out legitimate incumbents at the position.

Can't speak for PCHawk, but Connor could be the other one at PG. Or Dailey at the 3. Starting lineup of Connor, Bohannon, Wieskamp, Cook, Garza. IMO, it would be bit of a stretch though.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. It is a bit of a stretch. But not a big one.

Oh man if our starting back court is Jordan, Connor and Joe I'll feel bad for Luka and whoever our other post defender is.

Care to place a wager on it? That's how sure I am about this team not getting 8 conference games better next season. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is!

sure, let's do it - let's keep it reasonable since you are an anonymous profile with very little incentive to pay if you lose. Me not so much. But 0 % ...is that scientific data you're pulling from? You compile that # up all on your own?

That's the best starting 5 we could put on the floor, IMO. But it's still not good enough to make an 8 to 10 game difference in one season. That's a big leap. Nebraska made a 10 game leap from last season and it still wasn't good enough to get an NCAA invite.
I expect us to make a 6 to 8 game leap next season. That means our 9-4 OOC record (this season) gets to 11-2 and if we win 5 more games in the BIG conference, that's a 7 game improvement from this season. That's good enough to get us to 20 wins but not good enough to get us an NCAA invite. For us to make the NCAA tourney field, we'd have to go 12-1 in the OOC and 11-7 in conference - with some wins against top 25 teams. That's a hell of a leap for the worst P5 defensive team in the land.

sure, let's do it - let's keep it reasonable since you are an anonymous profile with very little incentive to pay if you lose. Me not so much. But 0 % ...is that scientific data you're pulling from? You compile that # up all on your own?
I expect us to make a 6 to 8 game leap next season. That means our 9-4 OOC record (this season) gets to 11-2 and if we win 5 more games in the BIG conference, that's a 7 game improvement from this season. That's good enough to get us to 20 wins but not good enough to get us an NCAA invite. For us to make the NCAA tourney field, we'd have to go 12-1 in the OOC and 11-7 in conference - with some wins against top 25 teams. That's a hell of a leap for the worst P5 defensive team in the land.
That's how I get to 0% chance. $50 is reasonable. Or we can do a sig bet. Loser puts what the winner says in his signature line. Obviously nothing offensive of profane. Something like - "I go to Lightning1 for all of my basketball knowledge".

That's how I get to 0% chance. $50 is reasonable. Or we can do a sig bet. Loser puts what the winner says in his signature line. Obviously nothing offensive of profane. Something like - "I go to Lightning1 for all of my basketball knowledge".

Yeah... I agree to both terms. $50 - I can and will Pay Pal ya if you win - and winner also chooses the others auto sig for a year. The bet is Iowa dances correct? I would say odds are in your favor and with the assumption that Cook is likely gone, it even increases your odds and since that is fact that we can agree on - the field is 68 teams including the first 4.

That's the best starting 5 we could put on the floor, IMO. But it's still not good enough to make an 8 to 10 game difference in one season. That's a big leap. Nebraska made a 10 game leap from last season and it still wasn't good enough to get an NCAA invite.

That's a decent assessment. But I don't think 11-7 is crazy. And FWIW, if we went 8-5 OOC and 10-8 in conference (a mere 4 game improvement), we would need a couple wins in the big ten tournament, but we'd still be solidly in the bubble discussion. Oh wait, that's exactly what happened last year when we barely missed after flubbing our BTT appearance. ;)

Yeah... I agree to both terms. $50 - I can and will Pay Pal ya if you win - and winner also chooses the others auto sig for a year. The bet is Iowa dances correct? I would say odds are in your favor and with the assumption that Cook is likely gone, it even increases your odds and since that is fact that we can agree on - the field is 68 teams including the first 4.
I include the first 4. The 450/sig bet was an either or, so you don't have to take both. I'm happy to, however. Paypal is fine.

What does CMac bring to the table that would make him starter? I just don’t understand. To me he’d be lucky to crack the top 10 in terms of players on our team next year.

Does he have perimeter footspeed to guard opponents PGs? No.

The only real advantage I see for Connor is his ability to initiate the offense and get to spots on the floor is probably better than Bohannon’s. We have a top 25 offense so that’s the least of my concerns right now.

That's a decent assessment. But I don't think 11-7 is crazy. And FWIW, if we went 8-5 OOC and 10-8 in conference (a mere 4 game improvement), we would need a couple wins in the big ten tournament, but we'd still be solidly in the bubble discussion. Oh wait, that's exactly what happened last year when we barely missed after flubbing our BTT appearance. ;)
We're gonna need some top 25 wins next season, or suffer the fate of Nebraska. They have 22 wins but only 1 win over a top 25 team (Michigan). They are sitting on the outside looking in. They might still make it in but right now the projections have them out.
We had 4 wins against top 25 teams last season, 2 of those on the road. If we had 21 or 22 wins with that resume, we likely get an at-large bid.