Bohannon stats

I include the first 4. The 450/sig bet was an either or, so you don't have to take both. I'm happy to, however. Paypal is fine.

It's on - I am happy with my bet and gives me more incentive to cheer on Iowa next year... and you incentive to not too I suppose? Kind of like always? I dunno, I've never thought you were anything but a Hawk fan. Just not a very good one. Who bets against there own team? Weak sauce buddy.... Still glad it's on and will happily honor the bet.

What does CMac bring to the table that would make him starter? I just don’t understand. To me he’d be lucky to crack the top 10 in terms of players on our team next year.

Does he have perimeter footspeed to guard opponents PGs? No.

The only real advantage I see for Connor is his ability to initiate the offense and get to spots on the floor is probably better than Bohannon’s. We have a top 25 offense so that’s the least of my concerns right now.

His last name.

It's on - I am happy with my bet and gives me more incentive to cheer on Iowa next year... and you incentive to not too I suppose? Kind of like always? I dunno, I've never thought you were anything but a Hawk fan. Just not a very good one. Who bets against there own team? Weak sauce buddy.... Still glad it's on and will happily honor the bet.

I made a lot of money betting against us on the road this year. We were 3-10 ATS away from Carver!

I don't bet with my feelings. My feelings want the Hawks to win every game they play, every season. $50 isn't enough to get me to root against Iowa. When I place a wager on something, it doesn't change my rooting interest. It's just that...a wager. I'd gladly pay $100 right now, if I thought it would get this team to play defense well enough to make the NCAA tournament next season! I'd drive it down to Iowa City, right now and hand it over to Fran McCaffery.

What does CMac bring to the table that would make him starter? I just don’t understand. To me he’d be lucky to crack the top 10 in terms of players on our team next year.

Does he have perimeter footspeed to guard opponents PGs? No.

The only real advantage I see for Connor is his ability to initiate the offense and get to spots on the floor is probably better than Bohannon’s. We have a top 25 offense so that’s the least of my concerns right now.

People would like to make all kinds of claims about what Connor can and can't do based off our "expert analyses" of the 53 total minutes he played this season or his high school highlights. His high school tape showed a sneaky good first step, solid defense, smart passing, and excellent awareness. In the minutes he played this year, he went hard, made the offense run smoothly against lower level competition, and didn't stay on the court long enough to provide meaningful glimpses of anything on defense beyond a couple steals.

I don't think you can say anything about his footspeed until he gets back in shape from a battle with mono that left him hospitalized and down more than 20 pounds. The only positive about all of that is that he'll have a chance to completely rebuild his body in the Iowa strength program.

People would like to make all kinds of claims about what Connor can and can't do based off our "expert analyses" of the 53 total minutes he played this season or his high school highlights. His high school tape showed a sneaky good first step, solid defense, smart passing, and excellent awareness. In the minutes he played this year, he went hard, made the offense run smoothly against lower level competition, and didn't stay on the court long enough to provide meaningful glimpses of anything on defense beyond a couple steals.

I don't think you can say anything about his footspeed until he gets back in shape from a battle with mono that left him hospitalized and down more than 20 pounds. The only positive about all of that is that he'll have a chance to completely rebuild his body in the Iowa strength program.
We formulate our opinions based on the information we have available, just as you did in the above post.

I don’t see anything that would lead me to believe that Connor could guard B1G PGs.

When I rank our players for next year, he’d at best be number 8 but for me he’d be closer to 10 or 11. Certainly not a starter.

That's a very good analysis of Connor's game. I'd add - decent mid range game. He's quick enough to be a good defender at the P5 level, if he makes it a priority. I thought Connor would start from day 1, this season. I fully expect he'll start from day 1, next season. As will Weiskamp.

I don't sports bet. The only kind of sports wagers I make are the friendly variety.

I make a couple of bets a week with a bookie through a site. I never bet on Iowa to win or lose through that. I will make lil side bets like this all the time tho.

That's a very good analysis of Connor's game. I'd add - decent mid range game. He's quick enough to be a good defender at the P5 level, if he makes it a priority. I thought Connor would start from day 1, this season. I fully expect he'll start from day 1, next season. As will Weiskamp.
At best Connor ranks as the 8th best player on next years team assuming everyone stays. Not sure how that makes him a starter.

At best Connor ranks as the 8th best player on next years team assuming everyone stays. Not sure how that makes him a starter.

If you're the 8th best player on the team but the best point guard, you're probably starting. Personally, I don't think he'll start though. It would take an injury to JBo or utter dominance by Connor to displace him as a 3rd year starter.

Are there any legs to the rumor about Bohannon wanting to transfer to Wisconsin? I know it has been mentioned on a certain subscription site.

If you're the 8th best player on the team but the best point guard, you're probably starting. Personally, I don't think he'll start though. It would take an injury to JBo or utter dominance by Connor to displace him as a 3rd year starter.
Well he’s not the best PG. I’m not even convinced he will be a better PG than Dailey.

Well we saw how he was last year when he was healthy. I don't see him getting much more foot speed or athleticism by the time his career ends.
Yes. No one ever improves their abilities over time.

Your posts are the case in point.

Well he’s not the best PG. I’m not even convinced he will be a better PG than Dailey.

He may very well be the best point guard. Especially in the minds of those who believe Bohannon isn't one. We have a serious lack of intelligence problem going on right now. A really smart point guard who pushes a smart shooting guard over to his best position (not necessarily my opinion) is a very good start to remedy that problem.

I don't think Fran played Dailey very much at all until it was determined his son wasn't going to play this year. Its going to take Connor some time to recover his strength, ect. for next year. I thought Dailey played pretty good for his first meaningful minutes. He will be a junior next year and connor will be a freshman. It will be interesting to see who ends up with more minutes. I'd have a hard time believing he is going to be better than Dailey although Connor knows his dads system.

If someone is betting on something they think has a zero chance of happening, there should be odds set. If someone said the 200th best golfer on tour had no chance of winning, then someone said he did have a chance, the bet shouldn't be 50/50. There should be odds set.

I include the first 4. The 450/sig bet was an either or, so you don't have to take both. I'm happy to, however. Paypal is fine.

Weird you predict a finish that leaves us just a little short of the tournament, but then say we have a zero percent chance of making it. Why do you think it's impossible to win one or two more games than your actual prediction?

If someone is betting on something they think has a zero chance of happening, there should be odds set. If someone said the 200th best golfer on tour had no chance of winning, then someone said he did have a chance, the bet shouldn't be 50/50. There should be odds set.

It's ok - I knew what it was, it wasn't a "great" bet from my perspective especially when his beginning point was 0%. I'm ok with it.