Bohannon crow anyone?

I've been right way more than I've been wrong. I was one of the few all off season that said CW can't play PG and I was one of the few that didn't ignore how hard defense would be to replace from the seniors who we lost when others were just talking about replacing their PPG
Your one of the few people that will knock Williams for not having a great year at point guard when he is having back problems. I guess that is your genius.

Your one of the few people that will knock Williams for not having a great year at point guard when he is having back problems. I guess that is your genius.

You think the reason CW isn't averaging 12+ ppg this year is because of his back. Haha

You 500 or so posts bashing on Jordan for starters.

Think how many people bashed on Mike last year for his offensive skills and Jordan isn't even as good as that offensively plus is WAY worse defensively. 3rd worst PER on the team. He's better better offensively than I expected but worse defensively so I think I've been pretty spot on with my overall assessment of him

Think how many people bashed on Mike last year for his offensive skills and Jordan isn't even as good as that offensively plus is WAY worse defensively. 3rd worst PER on the team. He's better better offensively than I expected but worse defensively so I think I've been pretty spot on with my overall assessment of him

If you have to play the "defensive ratings" card you have lost the arguement. I have shown you the quotes of Hollinger discrediting his own defensive metric. Plus Iowa plays a lot of zone, those metrics are crap. For instance those vaunted defensive metrics claim that Cordell Pemsl as a Fr is as good of a defender as Adam Woodbury was as a Sr. LOL if you think that is the case.

If you have to play the "defensive ratings" card you have lost the arguement. I have shown you the quotes of Hollinger discrediting his own defensive metric. Plus Iowa plays a lot of zone, those metrics are crap. For instance those vaunted defensive metrics claim that Cordell Pemsl as a Fr is as good of a defender as Adam Woodbury was as a Sr. LOL if you think that is the case.

It takes someone with a set of eyes that Bohannon is weak on defense. He is especially bad on close outs plus Pemsl hasn't played against the same competition Woody did last year yet

FG % doesn't lie

But to look at it honestly, Jordan is at 35% and Mike was at 40%. Mathematically speaking, that means Mike makes one more shot out of 20 attempts than Jordan. Mike averaged 3.1 made FG per game. As of today, Jordan is averaging 2.9 made FG per game. That means every 5 games Mike made one more shot. Is that really that much?

And with Jordan having a 6% higher 3pt percent it kind of evens out.

But to look at it honestly, Jordan is at 35% and Mike was at 40%. Mathematically speaking, that means Mike makes one more shot out of 20 attempts than Jordan. Mike averaged 3.1 made FG per game. As of today, Jordan is averaging 2.9 made FG per game. That means every 5 games Mike made one more shot. Is that really that much?

And with Jordan having a 6% higher 3pt percent it kind of evens out.

Mike was better offensively last year than Jordan is this year and much better defensively

Yep told you guys we'd take a step back at the PG position this year and all I listened to all off season was how good CW was going to be defensively and how he'd average 12 ppg. You'd think I'd get credit for being right

Williams has been fighting a nagging back injury. Those can be debilitating. Ask Jess Settles. If he were healthy I have no doubt he'd be much better on both offense and defense. Most projections were made assuming a healthy Williams, not a back-injury hampered Williams.

Williams has been fighting a nagging back injury. Those can be debilitating. Ask Jess Settles. If he were healthy I have no doubt he'd be much better on both offense and defense. Most projections were made assuming a healthy Williams, not a back-injury hampered Williams.

When did he even hurt his back

It takes someone with a set of eyes that Bohannon is weak on defense. He is especially bad on close outs plus Pemsl hasn't played against the same competition Woody did last year yet

So we agree, defensive ratings are completely and totally stupid. Woody was a much better defender than Pemsl.

I also agree that Jordan is weaker than Mike defensively.

My eye test >>>>>>> Defensive rating stat.

JFC dude, and you wonder why people don't think you are a Hawk fan. He has been battling that for a long time.

I know he tweaked his back early in the year, like one of the first games but didn't know it had been an issue since it'll the Michigan game

You told me yesterday KenPom's AdjD was a bogus stat. Now you like KenPom?

I think KenPom is about a million more times more accurate than RPI. That means I have to love every stat? I think individual defensive stats aren't very accurate. How could they be?

I think KenPom is about a million more times more accurate than RPI. That means I have to love every stat? I think individual defensive stats aren't very accurate. How could they be?

AdjD isn't an individual defense stat. I don't know how you think AdjO or AdjD could be a bogus stat.

Did you guys know that Jordan Bohannon is a better offensive player than Charlie Moore? I mean the advanced stats say so.....

JaBo 104.6 offensive rating
Moore 102.9 offensive rating

Heck he is way better than Mike as a Fr, Mike had an offensive rating of 101 as a Fr.

What's also crazy is that when 5656 originally brought the offensive rating stat into the discussion he was saying how bad Jordan's was (somewhere in the 90s if I recall). Basically since become the starter he's already increased his O rating quite a bit so his O rating as of late is probably even higher than that #.

Latest posts