Bohannon crow anyone?

Did you guys know that Jordan Bohannon is a better offensive player than Charlie Moore? I mean the advanced stats say so.....

JaBo 104.6 offensive rating
Moore 102.9 offensive rating

Heck he is way better than Mike as a Fr, Mike had an offensive rating of 101 as a Fr.

I wonder how he compares to the other 8 PGs we needed so badly before we offered him.

Common guys, this is CyTwins thing. He says some nice things, then he dumps on them. He said he thought Bohannon would be a "nice" player, a "good role player", then later he rips away. He said he was super high on Moss BEFORE he said Moss was a "clear miss" and then later he says Moss is good player, but not an "All B1G player".

He does this with all the players and all his arguement. He moves around what he is saying to try to always seem right, even when it directly contradicts what he said before.

I still think Bohannon would be a solid role player. He should have an Ellingson type role and we should have landed a better PG since we had so much sell. For the 1,000th time I don't like ISU and I am a Cubs fan

Just searching thread titles since I'm not going through all my old posts and I came across this about his minutes

https://hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/nic-baer-up-or-down.76346/

For sure go up, he's either going to start or be the first off the bench

I'd be surprised if Baer plays less than 20 mins a game. He averaged 14.5 mpg last year, I bet it's closer to 25 mpg this year but I also think he's going to be a starter

Bear, Wagner and Uhl are competing for two starting spots I think. I think Baer is the best of the bunch. Advanced statistics show he was much better than Uhl offensively and defensively last year

Okay. I mean again not exactly anything earth shattering but I'll give you credit for at least responding to my question. Not sure where you've come up with this whole "I was higher on Baer than most" arguement. Some people may have wanted him to come off the bench, but as this season has shown he's just a better fit and more valuable there. That doesn't mean he's not one of our top players.

I wonder how he compares to the other 8 PGs we needed so badly before we offered him.

Moore is averaging over 15ppg, shooting better from the floor and shooting better than 3 plus has a much better PER. He turns the ball over more but has a much higher usage rate, the only difference is Bohannon gets a lot more "fake assists" than Moore does because he's counted on as one of their top scorers

Okay. I mean again not exactly anything earth shattering but I'll give you credit for at least responding to my question. Not sure where you've come up with this whole "I was higher on Baer than most" arguement. Some people may have wanted him to come off the bench, but as this season has shown he's just a better fit and more valuable there. That doesn't mean he's not one of our top players.

I was high on Baer, said he was one of our best players and was high on Pemsl saying I thought he was the 2nd best recruit in the class when everyone was touting Bohannon as Mr. Basketball in Iowa.

I still think Bohannon would be a solid role player. He should have an Ellingson type role and we should have landed a better PG since we had so much sell. For the 1,000th time I don't like ISU and I am a Cubs fan

I don't know why you would want to sit a player who is better offensively than Charlie Moore. I mean you bragged on how great he was, even started a special thread for him to tell us he was the awesomest, and how if we just had him we would be a great NCAA team.

I don't know why you would want to sit a player who is better offensively than Charlie Moore. I mean you bragged on how great he was, even started a special thread for him to tell us he was the awesomest, and how if we just had him we would be a great NCAA team.

Fake assists man. Fake assists. Think what Moore's numbers would be like if he had Jok to throw to on the perimeter. His PER is already much better without Jok

I don't know why some people think Bohannon is as good as Mike was last year when Mike was much better offensively and defensively as a senior than Bohannon is this year

I don't know why some people think Bohannon is as good as Mike was last year when Mike was much better offensively and defensively as a senior than Bohannon is this year

JaBo now >>>> Mike as a Fr offensively

JaBo as a Sr >>>>> Mike as a Sr Offensively.

You can drop the whole you expect Jordan to be better as a Fr than Mike was as a Sr stuff, I never thought it and 99% of people never thought that would be the case.

JaBo now >>>> Mike as a Fr offensively

JaBo as a Sr >>>>> Mike as a Sr Offensively.

You can drop the whole you expect Jordan to be better as a Fr than Mike was as a Sr stuff, I never thought it and 99% of people never thought that would be the case.

So you agree Mike was better offensively last year than Jordan is this year?

I wouldn't say the 72nd best team according to KenPom is average, I would say they are bad.

Wouldn't an "average" team be in the middle of the KenPom pack? And with KenPom rating 351 D1 schools, wouldn't that make an "average" team somewhere around the 140-200 range? With Iowa currently at 75, that's above the "average" at KenPom, at least in the truest sense of "average".

The NCAA takes 68 teams to it's tournament. That's about 19% of the NCAA D1 teams. I'd say a team has to be above average to make the tournament. Average teams have no chance to make the tournament.

Wouldn't an "average" team be in the middle of the KenPom pack? And with KenPom rating 351 D1 schools, wouldn't that make an "average" team somewhere around the 140-200 range? With Iowa currently at 75, that's above the "average" at KenPom, at least in the truest sense of "average".

The NCAA takes 68 teams to it's tournament. That's about 19% of the NCAA D1 teams. I'd say a team has to be above average to make the tournament. Average teams have no chance to make the tournament.

4-10 Siena is #154, you think they are average?

So you agree Mike was better offensively last year than Jordan is this year?

Yeah, when have I ever said Jordan is or would be better than Mike as a Sr?

Do you agree that Jordan will be better offensively for his career than Mike was for his career?

Yeah, when have I ever said Jordan is or would be better than Mike as a Sr?

Do you agree that Jordan will be better offensively for his career than Mike was for his career?

I'm glad you at least admit Mike was the better offensive player last year. I'm not sure if Jordan will be better offensively for his career, he could end up much better than Mike offensively for his career, he could go through a real bad slump and lose playing time, he could not improve as much as hoped or we could recruit over him

4-10 Siena is #154, you think they are average?

Yes. The are in the middle of the rankings. Being in the middle is the very definition of average. (Well, the middle of the rankings would actually be #175 or #176)

Note that I am only saying that the #154 ranked team of 351 teams is average. Nothing to do with the NCAA or the B1G.

Yes. The are in the middle of the rankings. Being in the middle is the very definition of average. (Well, the middle of the rankings would actually be #175 or #176)

Note that I am only saying that the #154 ranked team of 351 teams is average. Nothing to do with the NCAA or the B1G.

A team with a losing record and won't sniff post season play is not average in my opinion

I was high on Baer, said he was one of our best players and was high on Pemsl saying I thought he was the 2nd best recruit in the class when everyone was touting Bohannon as Mr. Basketball in Iowa.

Saying Baer was one of our best players doesn't mean you were high on him when you also said our team was going to suck and other players were "busts" or not very good. Also a lot of people were high on Baer.

Saying Pemsl was our 2nd best recruit also doesn't mean you were that high on him, when that only means he's ahead of a guy you bashed, a lightly recruited Iowa kid, and a late recruit.

Just my perspective.

Saying Baer was one of our best players doesn't mean you were high on him when you also said our team was going to suck and other players were "busts" or not very good. Also a lot of people were high on Baer.

Saying Pemsl was our 2nd best recruit also doesn't mean you were that high on him, when that only means he's ahead of a guy you bashed, a lightly recruited Iowa kid, and a late recruit.

Just my perspective.
Bohannon and Pemsl are both crafty type players that are only going to get better. Its nice to see an Iowa point guard that drives to the basket and actually makes the shot instead of getting blocked. It will be interesting to see how Pemsl does against the Nebraska front line. Iowa should be able to put a lot of pressure on the Nebraska big men.

Latest posts