Bohannon crow anyone?

I don't think you sound like an A hole. I think you sound more like a troll.

I don't want to speak for those guys but I believe they thought that CW would have an opportunity to score 8-12 based on sheer opportunity. If you play 30 mins scoring that much isn't really that tough to do.

Anyway the reason I get annoyed with you is because you only pick a snippet out of a post to respond to. Can you please reference posts or threads where you were high on Baer and Pemsl?

I bolded the part I wanted you to respond to.

That was exactly it for me. When predicting 2nd leading scorer on a team who has one proven scorer back, it's not a bad idea to go with the guy who appears to have the best opportunity. If he was playing a little better, and Bohannon sucked, Williams could have scored 12 per game based on minutes played.

That was exactly it for me. When predicting 2nd leading scorer on a team who has one proven scorer back, it's not a bad idea to go with the guy who appears to have the best opportunity. If he was playing a little better, and Bohannon sucked, Williams could have scored 12 per game based on minutes played.

Williams could never average 12 ppg no matter what this year. He just doesn't have it at the PG position. You just get mad when I bring up facts and stats. Hell even yesterday you said KenPom was bogus because it didn't fit your narrative. We're last in RPI in the conference so I'm curious what you use to rank this team

A lot of us expected Williams to be getting the bulk of the minutes due to experience - but the fact is Jbo has been way better than advertised, so that's that.

I don't think you sound like an A hole. I think you sound more like a troll.

I don't want to speak for those guys but I believe they thought that CW would have an opportunity to score 8-12 based on sheer opportunity. If you play 30 mins scoring that much isn't really that tough to do.

Anyway the reason I get annoyed with you is because you only pick a snippet out of a post to respond to. Can you please reference posts or threads where you were high on Baer and Pemsl?

I bolded the part I wanted you to respond to.

I was always high on Baer, Jok, Cook and Pemsl to start the season. I said I think Baer needs to start at the beginning of the season when others wanted him off the bench.

A lot of us expected Williams to be getting the bulk of the minutes due to experience - but the fact is Jbo has been way better than advertised, so that's that.

And I said he was never at a scorer at any level and he's a wing playing PG out of necessity.

Williams could never average 12 ppg no matter what this year. He just doesn't have it at the PG position. You just get mad when I bring up facts and stats. Hell even yesterday you said KenPom was bogus because it didn't fit your narrative. We're last in RPI in the conference so I'm curious what you use to rank this team

Iowa is 6-1 over the last month with wins over Michigan, ISU and UNI - with a young team learning on the go and having to play some pretty decent teams out of the gate, that has to count for something when ranking em no?

I was always high on Baer, Jok, Cook and Pemsl to start the season. I said I think Baer needs to start at the beginning of the season when others wanted him off the bench.

Others where right, he plays a huge roll off the bench and Iowa record has improved drastically since. He gets the share of the minutes.

Last edited:
Iowa is 6-1 over the last month with wins over Michigan, ISU and UNI - with a young team learning on the go and having to play some pretty decent teams out of the gate, that has to count for something when ranking em no?

UNI is garbage, Michigan and ISU are bubble teams but those are home games. We've played one road game in that time frame and got blown out. I think we'll learn a lot on Thursday. Nebraska is really bad offensively so it should be an intriguing match up

I remember you saying positive things about Cook. Never anything on those other guys. Maybe you did maybe you didn't....

I remember you saying positive things about Cook. Never anything on those other guys. Maybe you did maybe you didn't....

I definitely did. I said Baer would be one of our best players this year and always really liked Pemsl. He would have been a top 100 recruit if he didn't get hurt

I definitely did. I said Baer would be one of our best players this year and always really liked Pemsl. He would have been a top 100 recruit if he didn't get hurt

Link? Also saying Baer would be one of top players and start is meaningless when you said Moss was a bust and our team wasn't going to be good.

Again I bolded where I'd like to hear you respond.

The way Williams is playing this year, I agree. I think he is under performing his ability a great deal right now tho. I not even saying he has a lot of ability in this post. But he is under performing badly.

I like KenPom, I never said he was bogus. I think 75th is a pretty accurate ranking of our entire resume this season. I also think it took a hell of an improvement to climb to 75th, and if we played like this all year, our ranking would probably be around 30 right now and we would be in most bracket projections. We are probably playing like a 10 seed now and we need to play like a 6 seed the rest of the way just to sneak into the tournament.

The way Williams is playing this year, I agree. I think he is under performing his ability a great deal right now tho. I not even saying he has a lot of ability in this post. But he is under performing badly.

I like KenPom, I never said he was bogus. I think 75th is a pretty accurate ranking of our entire resume this season. I also think it took a hell of an improvement to climb to 75th, and if we played like this all year, our ranking would probably be around 30 right now and we would be in most bracket projections. We are probably playing like a 10 seed now and we need to play like a 6 seed the rest of the way just to sneak into the tournament.

You told me yesterday KenPom's AdjD was a bogus stat. Now you like KenPom?

Link? Also saying Baer would be one of top players and start is meaningless when you said Moss was a bust and our team wasn't going to be good.

Again I bolded where I'd like to hear you respond.

Assuming you are asking for a link of when I liked Pemsl I just searched thread titles with Pemsl in it and and here are my two posts on him on the first one that popped up

https://hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/pemsl.76735/

I really liked Pemsl when he committed and then his injuries happened so I wasn't sure what he would be like at this level. He's definitely impressed me, looks like he is easily the second best in the class behind Cook

I think Pemsl is quite a bit better than Bohannon. He's really crafty for his size

Our defense is night and day better. Other teams don't get easy baskets every time down the floor anymore. If adjd doesn't show the improvement, it's an even more bogus stat than I thought. Anyone who watches the games sees it.

Here is your hot take on KenPom from yesterday

Assuming you are asking for a link of when I liked Pemsl I just searched thread titles with Pemsl in it and and here are my two posts on him on the first one that popped up

https://hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/pemsl.76735/

I really liked Pemsl when he committed and then his injuries happened so I wasn't sure what he would be like at this level. He's definitely impressed me, looks like he is easily the second best in the class behind Cook

I think Pemsl is quite a bit better than Bohannon. He's really crafty for his size

So you said he's going to better than Bohannon who you said would suck. Then said he was the 2nd best recruit in this class. I wouldn't call either of those ringing endorsements. Anything on Baer?

So you said he's going to better than Bohannon who you said would suck. Then said he was the 2nd best recruit in this class. I wouldn't call either of those ringing endorsements. Anything on Baer?

Just searching thread titles since I'm not going through all my old posts and I came across this about his minutes

https://hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/nic-baer-up-or-down.76346/

For sure go up, he's either going to start or be the first off the bench

I'd be surprised if Baer plays less than 20 mins a game. He averaged 14.5 mpg last year, I bet it's closer to 25 mpg this year but I also think he's going to be a starter

Bear, Wagner and Uhl are competing for two starting spots I think. I think Baer is the best of the bunch. Advanced statistics show he was much better than Uhl offensively and defensively last year

Last edited:
Did you guys know that Jordan Bohannon is a better offensive player than Charlie Moore? I mean the advanced stats say so.....

JaBo 104.6 offensive rating
Moore 102.9 offensive rating

Heck he is way better than Mike as a Fr, Mike had an offensive rating of 101 as a Fr.

Common guys, this is CyTwins thing. He says some nice things, then he dumps on them. He said he thought Bohannon would be a "nice" player, a "good role player", then later he rips away. He said he was super high on Moss BEFORE he said Moss was a "clear miss" and then later he says Moss is good player, but not an "All B1G player".

He does this with all the players and all his arguement. He moves around what he is saying to try to always seem right, even when it directly contradicts what he said before.

Latest posts