Bohannon crow anyone?

I bet Jordan looks fine defensively tonight but bad offensively and neither will be because he's improving defensively or regressing offensively

Well looks like you were wrong yet again, and lost your bet. Jordan was fine offensively with a KenPom Orate of 128 (Iowa's highest Orate of the night). He struggled on D, just like I thought he would against the Minny guards.

Well looks like you were wrong yet again, and lost your bet. Jordan was fine offensively with a KenPom Orate of 128 (Iowa's highest Orate of the night). He struggled on D, just like I thought he would against the Minny guards.

I was very wrong. He was terrible defensively.

We couldn't stop anyone on the perimeter. That's a trend that's likely to continue for next 3 years. Connor can't defend anyone either.

We couldn't stop anyone on the perimeter. That's a trend that's likely to continue for next 3 years. Connor can't defend anyone either.

I'm hoping Garza will help cover up some of it but our perimeter defense is going to be so bad for the foreseeable future unless we add some new pieces

I'm hoping Garza will help cover up some of it but our perimeter defense is going to be so bad for the foreseeable future unless we add some new pieces
Ha! Garza will foul out 50% of the games trying to defend that level of perimeter defense. He's slower than every big that's on our roster right now!

Ha! Garza will foul out 50% of the games trying to defend that level of perimeter defense. He's slower than every big that's on our roster right now!

No I mean if we have a rim protector in him we can defend differently on the perimeter if we know he can clean up some mistakes at the rim

At one point MN guards had 27 of the first 33 points scored by MN. This is a very glaring stat considering that a non guard scored 25 and fouled out. This is a problem. JB can shore up his D some, but the speed and quickness isn't going to change. MN's starting 3 guards and subs combined for only 6 fouls, with 2 being the most on anyone. That is a problem.

Though JB having only 1 TO looks good, it's probably not so good as some will come driving the lane. Passing the ball without pressure doesn't lead to a lot of turn overs.

That JB's defense wasn't good is interesting in that it didn't lead to big foul trouble for Iowa's bigs. Murphy seemed to get the ball a lot uncontested or in good position. Some of that comes from the person (a guard) passing to him without being under a lot of pressure.

Not really. I was right about CW and you could argue if I was right about Bohannon.
No you couldn't argue that. If you would have said JBo isn't a good defender, 99% would have agreed and this thread would be 1 page. Instead you have made it your personal mission to "prove" that JBo is the worst D1 point guard and that Iowa would be better off with anyone else.

He has been "much worse" defensively? Your expectations seemed to be that he is the worst defender ever, not sure how you could say it is worse.

No you couldn't argue that. If you would have said JBo isn't a good defender, 99% would have agreed and this thread would be 1 page. Instead you have made it your personal mission to "prove" that JBo is the worst D1 point guard and that Iowa would be better off with anyone else.

He has been "much worse" defensively? Your expectations seemed to be that he is the worst defender ever, not sure how you could say it is worse.

He's not a bad defender, he's probably the worst perimeter defender I've ever seen and is much worse than Jok at it who's terrible

Well he is a couple more terrible games from a worse Defensive rating than John Lickliter (109.3 to 110.3).

Yes, JBo is not a good defender. We landed on the moon. Worst defender you've ever seen? Forget the damnn ratings, is JBo the worst defender you've ever seen?

So Jordan has now surpassed about every single career stat of Mike. Here are Mike's career numbers:

8 PPG
4.2 APG
44.3% eFG
48.3% TS
31% 3PT
104.6 Orate

Here are Jordans numbers to date as a FR:

9.5 PPG
4.7 APG
49.5% eFG
52.4% TS
37.8% 3PT
106.1 Orate

Now 56 was on record saying that he would be THRILLED if Jordan could COME CLOSE to matching Mikes offensive numbers. He didn't say defense, he specifically said offensively.

So 56, why are you not Thrilled? This is amazing that right out of the gate that a #300 ranked player can come in and produce like a 4 year starter did.

Reactions: DJL

Latest posts