Bohannon crow anyone?

Since you watch the games, I'm sure you have seen that Jordan has improved a lot defensively throughout the year. He's had some rough moments, no doubt. But he's a Freshman who is improving in all phases. That would suggest he has upside.

I haven't seen much improvement at all

Then you didn't watch the Nebraska game then. What did Jordan do in that game defensively that was bad? When did you notice him getting beat to the rim, or being way out of position?

I did watch the Nebraska game. They are terrible on offense and that is with a healthy Watson

I did watch the Nebraska game. They are terrible on offense and that is with a healthy Watson

What does Nebraska being good or bad on offense have to do with Jordan's defense? You think that Webster can't break B1G guards down off the dribble because his team is bad?

Once again, what did Jordan do in the Nebraska game that made you think he was a bad defender? Now I'm not gonna say Jordan is some great defender, but he played pretty good D vs Nebraska.

What does Nebraska being good or bad on offense have to do with Jordan's defense? You think that Webster can't break B1G guards down off the dribble because his team is bad?

Once again, what did Jordan do in the Nebraska game that made you think he was a bad defender? Now I'm not gonna say Jordan is some great defender, but he played pretty good D vs Nebraska.

He was matched up against a pretty poor guard in Taylor and a hurt Watson most of the game. He didn't get exposed as much as he usually does I will agree with that but I think most of that is a product of who he was defending

He was matched up a pretty poor guard in Taylor and a hurt Watson most of the game. He didn't get exposed as much as he usually does I will agree with that but I think most of that is a product of who he was defending

He also didn't get "exposed" by OSU's 4* and 5* guards either. It is just hard to believe that you watch the games if you claim he is awful on D, when he isn't always awful on D. Yeah he has had his struggles, but he has played some pretty decent games as well defensively.

Reactions: DJL
He also didn't get "exposed" by OSU's 4* and 5* guards either. It is just hard to believe that you watch the games if you claim he is awful on D, when he isn't always awful on D. Yeah he has had his struggles, but he has played some pretty decent games as well defensively.

I don't even know who Ohio State's 5 star guards are. They are pretty bad this year

I don't even know who Ohio State's 5 star guards are. They are pretty bad this year

So now that moving target for you isn't just Jordan matched up against good guards...just playing well against good guards isn't good enough either for you, it has to be good guards on good teams?

Lyle 5*
Williams 4*

We aren't great, but we have Pete Jok who lights people up. Are you saying that bad teams don't have good players? You make no sense at all.

Lyle 5*
Williams 4*

We aren't great, but we have Pete Jok who lights people up. Are you saying that bad teams don't have good players? You make no sense at all.

Lyle wasn't a consensus 5 star. Williams isn't that great in my opinion. Neither of them are as good as Jok. Their two best players aren't guards

So now that moving target for you isn't just Jordan matched up against good guards...just playing well against good guards isn't good enough either for you, it has to be good guards on good teams?

If he doesn't get exposed because he's playing against poor competition does that mean he played good defense? That's why stats are adjusted.

My bad, Kieth Smart was the pg. Alford however did lead them in assists. Yeah, funny how details can derail you.

BJ wasn't taking guys off the dribble, his game wasn't about penetration or getting into lane. Creating for others wasn't something he was exceptional at. But hey, according to you that is the only way it can be done. Details,details,details
You don't know WTF you're talking about.

Bohannon's improving but it's fine to just state facts. Watson was hurt, he has a groin issue that kept him from starting. The first game against Iowa Watson had a career game and did whatever he wanted.

For the year, Bohannon has a negative Defensive +/- according to College Basketball Reference. Jok, Moss and Ellingson are all negative +/- defenders as well, which is a result of teams torching Iowa on the perimeter (on the whole) this year. Baer, Pemsl and Wagner are Iowa's best defenders by that metric.

Iowa's defense will be challenged/stressed by the Gopher guards tonight. Mason, Coffey, McBrayer and Springs all can play. Mason, Coffey and McBrayer can all get to the rim. It will be the biggest challenge for the perimeter defenders since probably the Maryland game.

Wasn't Jordan bad against bad teams at the beginning of the year? Now he's actually solid against bad teams. Sounds like improvement to me. The way Bohannon keeps improving, pretty soon twins will be saying "yeah but he can't do it against elite teams".

Lyle wasn't a consensus 5 star. Williams isn't that great in my opinion. Neither of them are as good as Jok. Their two best players aren't guards

You didn't even know who he was a second ago, now you are all like he wasn't a consensus 5*?? LOL man, he was a top 50 player.

Jordan isn't great defensively, but he isn't any worse than Cook, Pemsl or heck even Jok this year.

Bohannon's improving but it's fine to just state facts. Watson was hurt, he has a groin issue that kept him from starting. The first game against Iowa Watson had a career game and did whatever he wanted.

For the year, Bohannon has a negative Defensive +/- according to College Basketball Reference. Jok, Moss and Ellingson are all negative +/- defenders as well, which is a result of teams torching Iowa on the perimeter (on the whole) this year. Baer, Pemsl and Wagner are Iowa's best defenders by that metric.

Iowa's defense will be challenged/stressed by the Gopher guards tonight. Mason, Coffey, McBrayer and Springs all can play. Mason, Coffey and McBrayer can all get to the rim. It will be the biggest challenge for the perimeter defenders since probably the Maryland game.

Any metric that puts Pemsl as a top defender is dumb. Although he's getting better too.

I would love to have a logical discussion on Jordan. If you want to do that, take it over here:
https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/dont-respond-to-56-thread.77689/

This thread is about 56's trolling plain and simple.

You didn't even know who he was a second ago, now you are all like he wasn't a consensus 5*?? LOL man, he was a top 50 player.

Jordan isn't great defensively, but he isn't any worse than Cook, Pemsl or heck even Jok this year.

I bet Jordan looks fine defensively tonight but bad offensively and neither will be because he's improving defensively or regressing offensively

Any metric that puts Pemsl as a top defender is dumb. Although he's getting better too.

Yep, Pemsl is pretty bad. Cook is worse. Jok isn't good (which actually pisses me off, cause he has enough ability to be better). Ellingson is weak defensively as well.

We have 1 good defender in Baer and he is good at defensive help, not necessarily at shutting down a guy defending him 1 vs 1. We have a few decent defenders Uhl, Moss, Wagner. The rest are below average at defending. Picking out Jordan and focusing only on his D is just freaking stupid. The whole teams stinks at D.

Latest posts