Bohannon crow anyone?

I don't see Bohannon sliding into one of those spots. He isn't breaking defenders down on the dribble like those guys could. I don't see him making that kind of progress in 4 years.

I don't see him as a guy who breaks down a D off the dribble with great success. That isn't the end all beat all though, as Mike never really good at breaking down the D off the dribble, and he never really learned to finish at the rim either.
Jordan is just going to be a little different is all. He is going to create space by drawing his defender 25" away from the basket, and this will open up the offense.

There isn't just one formula on how to be a PG. Personally I like the fact that he can shoot after 4 year of Mike struggling in that regard. He really doesn't have to progress much more except on the defensive end of the court. If he can be a career 10-11 PPG (1-2 PPG increase) 5-6 APG (1 APG increase) while shooting close to 40% from 3 that would be amazing. Like I said though, his D needs to improve. He might never be a plus defender, but he needs to make himself into an average defender.

Last edited:
Not sure you can be "far" from an elite player and still break records... just saying. He may not be at the Curry level but his play is comparable to Yogi Ferrell's FR year. Yogi started all 36 games w/ Jordan starting 18 YTD.

Jordan's numbers are obviously YTD: Stats from Fox Sports

View attachment 2538
You think breaking Iowa freshman three point records make you elite? You are out of your mind if you think he is going to be on the level of a Yogi Ferrell. He's a three point shooter that's it. Like I said he would have to become a better defender, dribbler, learn to drive to the basket and make shots from somewhere other than the three.

I don't see him as a guy who breaks down a D off the dribble with great success. That isn't the end all beat all though, as Mike never really good at breaking down the D off the dribble, and he never really learned to finish at the rim either.
Jordan is just going to be a little different is all. He is going to create space by drawing his defender 25" away from the basket, and this will open up the offense.

There isn't just one formula on how to be a PG. Personally I like the fact that he can shoot after 4 year of Mike struggling in that regard. He really doesn't have to progress much more except on the defensive end of the court. If he can be a career 10-11 PPG (1-2 PPG increase) 5-6 APG (1 APG increase) while shooting close to 40% from 3 that would be amazing. Like I said though, his D needs to improve. He might never be a plus defender, but he needs to make himself into an average defender.
A PG that can't dribble drive and create for his teammates is easy to defend. See Mike Gesell. They'll just defend Bohannon further out is all.

A PG that can't dribble drive and create for his teammates is easy to defend. See Mike Gesell. They'll just defend Bohannon further out is all.

It isn't that easy. Sure it was easy to defend Mike, as you could sag to 17' on him and let him take whatever 3 he wanted to. It isn't easy to guard a guy 25' from the basket at all times. Teams know about him, and his game, and he still gets shots off.

It isn't that easy. Sure it was easy to defend Mike, as you could sag to 17' on him and let him take whatever 3 he wanted to. It isn't easy to guard a guy 25' from the basket at all times. Teams know about him, and his game, and he still gets shots off.

Even if it were easy to guard him, which it's not, guarding him 25' out makes it way easier for our other 4 guys.

It isn't that easy. Sure it was easy to defend Mike, as you could sag to 17' on him and let him take whatever 3 he wanted to. It isn't easy to guard a guy 25' from the basket at all times. Teams know about him, and his game, and he still gets shots off.[/QUO
We'll see.

Does anyone have the adjusted offensive efficiency ratings on the current Iowa players? Last time I looked Bohannon was 10 or 11th on the roster. But that was 8 or 9 games ago. There's a lot more to basketball than scoring 12 ppg on 9 - 3 pt shots. If you routinely give up that many points or more, your value to the team effort is negative.

Arcidiacono wasn't exactly that "prototype". Villanova just spread the floor and had great ball movement. Could Arciacono get them in and out of sets when he needed to? Absolutely. Is it easier to have the "prototype"? Yes. The way the game is played now you can win without having that guy.

As for Gesell, he had decent handles, he could get into the lane...... A) he couldn't finish B)he had teammates that didn't want the ball, especially at money time.

I think everyone has admitted that Jordan is better than they thought he would be. I didn't see one person ever predict this kind of play out of Jordan. That is why everyone likes him, he is totally exceeding expectations.
Don't be too sure about that.

You think breaking Iowa freshman three point records make you elite? You are out of your mind if you think he is going to be on the level of a Yogi Ferrell. He's a three point shooter that's it. Like I said he would have to become a better defender, dribbler, learn to drive to the basket and make shots from somewhere other than the three.

Never said he was elite... I just don't think he's "far" from that status... I just used Yogi's stats that he's comparable and has actually produced similar results in literally half the startss. Not to shabby... His body of work over 4 years will provide the true tale... but some will always be Debby Downers and chose to use opinions over real data... I used data and a comparison to suggest he's performing as well as Yogi (considered by many an elite guard in the B1G) at comparable stages of their careers. BTW he's on track to break Horner's FR assist record... not too shabby in my book.

Last edited:
Arcidiacono wasn't exactly that "prototype". Villanova just spread the floor and had great ball movement. Could Arciacono get them in and out of sets when he needed to? Absolutely. Is it easier to have the "prototype"? Yes. The way the game is played now you can win without having that guy.

As for Gesell, he had decent handles, he could get into the lane...... A) he couldn't finish B)he had teammates that didn't want the ball, especially at money time.
Congrats. You managed to find an exception. And it only took you 24 hrs? The hard work of a sharp mind never ceases to amaze.

Does anyone have the adjusted offensive efficiency ratings on the current Iowa players? Last time I looked Bohannon was 10 or 11th on the roster. But that was 8 or 9 games ago. There's a lot more to basketball than scoring 12 ppg on 9 - 3 pt shots. If you routinely give up that many points or more, your value to the team effort is negative.

He's currently 8th. People see him make 3's and think he's really good for some reason but those are the ones that don't understand basketball

A 6'4 PG that was a big recruit who played along side a McDonald's All American PG. Haha that might be the worst comparison I've ever seen

That's probably why he's on like Dienharts, Settles, Crispins, Morris's All B1G frosh list - because they don't get the game like you.

Someone is crazy if they have him on their first team All freshman squad in my opinion. He's definitely not one of the best five freshman in the conference and it's not even close.

Latest posts