Bohannon crow anyone?

That's a fair point but Mike had his limitations too. I agree that later in his career, Mike was a pretty good defender. But he wasn't at the beginning of his career.

Mikes last 2 years he has little success beyond the arc, would get in trouble when driving and don't even get me started on free throws. The only shot I think Mike was confident in was that mid range jump shot at the elbow.

JB looks to be a better shooter and is getting better at finishing at the rim. Defense can be improved upon by understanding the game and overal hustle.

Mike was better at finishing at the rim

As a team Michigan hasn't done much this year. I don't make up the schedule and results. I've seen a number of Big Ten conference players up close and personal in high school. Sorry,but I don't consider Walton as strong as Lyle or play as savvy as Abrams. Solid is a good way to describe him. Michigan is not a championship caliber team this year. I would love to have their coach. Lyle I have seen up close and personal. I compare things to competing for a championship. If I were putting together a team, I would want a guard who is 6 3 and quick in my world who can drive and go to the rim or pull up as well as pass. They can quick with anyone. Michigan w/o looking at the schedule is middle of the pack at best. 32nd and 4th best? In a down year, maybe they are. Nebby certainly has proven some things this year. I have no problem with JB as a shooting guard as long as there was overall quickness at the 1, 3, and 4.

Lyle is a talent for sure. I'll give you that.

Lyle is a talent for sure. I'll give you that.

My son's team beat his team their senior year. Lyle can be rattled, but he is obscene quick and he's long. Solid defenders can stop/frustrate him if you play solid fundamentals. Regardless of the baggage/talk that comes with him, he is not a selfish player. He will be very hard to shoot over.

Look at Bohannon's 2 pt FG % and say with a straight face he's better at finishing at the rim than anyone

Look at Bohannon's 2 pt FG % and say with a straight face he's better at finishing at the rim than anyone

Jordan is better than Mike at finishing at the rim. Mike couldn't even finish off at the rim as a Sr., and I was the guy telling everyone he would figure it out and finish at the rim as a Jr. and Sr. Sadly he never did.

I think Jordan has made 1 more clutch shot at the rim in his 14 game career than Mike did in 4 years. That was a HUGE shot by Jordan in OT.

Here's why we should luv Gordy's 4th son:

Jason’s time at Wisconsin yielded four trips to the NCAA Tournament — once the Sweet 16 — and a Big Ten Sixth Man of the Year award. Zach, who transferred to Wisconsin from Air Force, played in two NCAA Tournaments with the Badgers and went to a Final Four in 2013-14. Now Jordan is leading Linn-Mar — fresh off a 40-point game on Dec. 18 against Cedar Rapids Prairie — and will play at Iowa next year.

Throw in Matt’s Missouri Valley Conference title and trip to the NCAA Tournament last year, and that’s a whole lot of success for one set of brothers.

It would've been the crime of the century if Iowa missed out on all 4 of Gordy's boyz. Throw in another guy named Marble and imagine where Iowa would be right now without its legacies.

Jordan is better than Mike at finishing at the rim. Mike couldn't even finish off at the rim as a Sr., and I was the guy telling everyone he would figure it out and finish at the rim as a Jr. and Sr. Sadly he never did.

I think Jordan has made 1 more clutch shot at the rim in his 14 game career than Mike did in 4 years. That was a HUGE shot by Jordan in OT.

He pulled out the floater early in the game too. He seems to be getting into the lane more and more lately.

He pulled out the floater early in the game too. He seems to be getting into the lane more and more lately.

He finished at the rim better today than Walton Jr. did. Also had more Pt., Assist, and less TO than the Sr. Michigan PG had.

Just thought I would throw this out there for reference...

Thru 15 games:

Bohannon:
9.06 points a game, FG% 34.9, 3PT% 37.3, FT% 86.3
4.73 assists a game, 2.13 turnovers a game, 2.33 rebounds a game,
.46 steals a game, 26.26 minutes a game

Gesell Freshman Year:
8.7 points a game, FG% 40.3, 3PT% 31.7, FT% 79.4
2.6 assists a game, 1.7 turnovers a game, 2.6 rebounds a game
1.2 steals a game, 25.1 minutes a game

Gesell Career:
8 points a game, FG% 39.5, 3PT% 31.1, FT% 72.4
4.2 assists a game, 1.7 turnovers a game, 2.42 rebounds a game
1.2 steals a game, 27 minutes a game

So, what do you think of 9-15 from two point range in the past 4 games (including two conference games)? Improvement, yes?

Agreed. Defenders are so focused on not allowing him an open look from three, he has lot of opportunities to go by them, even though he isn't overly quick. He needs to continue to get better at finishing when he gets in there and also I think he can add a drive and kick to his game, as not many of his assists have come from that yet.

Agreed. Defenders are so focused on not allowing him an open look from three, he has lot of opportunities to go by them, even though he isn't overly quick. He needs to continue to get better at finishing when he gets in there and also I think he can add a drive and kick to his game, as not many of his assists have come from that yet.

Actually, we want others to drive and kick (like Moss). Jordan is going to be one of the options to kick to. I loved the possession late in regulation where Jordan brought the ball up and then he ran around the screens instead of Jok and Jordan got the look at the three and knocked it down. That's playing to the team's strengths.

Actually, we want others to drive and kick (like Moss). Jordan is going to be one of the options to kick to. I loved the possession late in regulation where Jordan brought the ball up and then he ran around the screens instead of Jok and Jordan got the look at the three and knocked it down. That's playing to the team's strengths.

Agreed. I was just talking about through his career and his maturation as a PG. It would be nice to run him off screens a few times throughout each game and try to get him free for a couple 3s.

On a side note, sometimes it appears Moss makes up his mind that he's going to put his head down and drive to the hoop sometimes instead of reading the play.

Just thought I would throw this out there for reference...

Thru 15 games:

Bohannon:
9.06 points a game, FG% 34.9, 3PT% 37.3, FT% 86.3
4.73 assists a game, 2.13 turnovers a game, 2.33 rebounds a game,
.46 steals a game, 26.26 minutes a game

Gesell Freshman Year:
8.7 points a game, FG% 40.3, 3PT% 31.7, FT% 79.4
2.6 assists a game, 1.7 turnovers a game, 2.6 rebounds a game
1.2 steals a game, 25.1 minutes a game

Gesell Career:
8 points a game, FG% 39.5, 3PT% 31.1, FT% 72.4
4.2 assists a game, 1.7 turnovers a game, 2.42 rebounds a game
1.2 steals a game, 27 minutes a game

I don't see how anyone can see these numbers and think that Jordan isn't the better player. Unless the ONLY thing they are looking at is some advanced defensive stat. That's like arguing Dennis Rodman shouldn't have started for the bulls because he didn't bring anything to the offense. It's absurd.

Exactly, cause everyone knows that it's either a layup or a 3 pointer. Just...wow.

You are arguing to argue, and bouncing around with what and who you are arguing with.

Bohannon continues to get better, I could care less if he was better than Gesell thus far, but it sure bodes well if he ends up better, no? That said, if you can't admit that overall they are At Least overall comparable as it concerns what they provide(d) for their respective teams...well...you're just being obtuse.

Since being a starter, he's been a positive Overall...as a true frosh.

I don't know if your Cytwins, Vin, a dirty 30, and I don't care. If you're not a troll, and are serious with this narrative...you have my pity. If you are indeed a troll, not a bad performance. Although, trolling by just repeating the same things over and over is...meh.

FG % doesn't lie

Improvement yes, his numbers are still terrible

Just out of curiousity, if someone's sophomore stats were twice as good as their freshman stats, would you add all the stats together to downplay how good the player was currently playing? Or would you admit he had gotten better?