Bohannon crow anyone?

It is kind of weird to say but at this point in the season...JB is the one person on the team that we can least afford to lose to injury...

He is, for lack of a better word, a gamer...

Why is that sadly? I wish Bohannon was better at everything than Mike. That would bode well for the team we cheer for.
That was directed towards Gesell's specific issue with post feeds. 'It's sad that a true FR does that better than Gesell did as a SR". That's probably how I should have worded it.

If basketball was only about offense we would be a lot better
5.1/1.8 assist to turnover ratio is great. Much better than I thought it would be at this point in his career. Some of that is the fact he is only facing half a defender. But it's still impressive.

It appears he's gonna ride the bad defense and poor inside the arc shooting percentage as long as he can because he has nothing else to fall back on. There are other really important things that matter when it comes to being a good PG. Like leadership down the stretch, 3 pt shooting, free throw shooting, the ability to stay calm under pressure, and making clutch decisions (shots and assists). The last one there is the one I would stress. Jordan is better at all of those things that Mike was.

That doesn't fit 56's narrative tho. Which is why he'll hand pick defense and poor inside shooting percentage and ignore all of those other things. The good far outweighs the bad with Jordan. He just doesn't want to admit he's wrong on this one too. It's his Alamo. He can't bring himself to do it.

5.1/1.8 assist to turnover ratio is great. Much better than I thought it would be at this point in his career. Some of that is the fact he is only facing half a defender. But it's still impressive.

What was Mike's last year? Everyone thought he sucked

When I watch the games he doesn't stand out as that bad defensively. He has his athletic limitations, but he plays hard and isn't out of position a ton. I know you'll pull out your advanced defensive statistic but go ahead and save it.

I'll trust what Fran and John Beilien are saying over a message board troll.

That was directed towards Gesell's specific issue with post feeds. 'It's sad that a true FR does that better than Gesell did as a SR". That's probably how I should have worded it.

One thing that does help is ability to shoot the three. That brings the defender up into him which gives him more room to pass into the post. Also our posts are better at getting position this year.

When I watch the games he doesn't stand out as that bad defensively. He has his athletic limitations, but he plays hard and isn't out of position a ton. I know you'll pull out your advanced defensive statistic but go ahead and save it.

I'll trust what Fran and John Beilien are saying over a message board troll.

What did Fran say about the other 8 PG's he offered before Bohannon?

JB has ice water in his veins.. I love that trait in a player. Not afraid to take big shots. Oh, and helps when you can make those shots, too.

This is one type of player it seems like we've been missing for ages.

Last edited:
I"m glad JB had a good/great game. Michigan is not a strong team though very well coached. Beilien is a class act. Not sure how long he'll survive.

We'll know more about JB when he plays against Tracy Abrams or Jaquan Lyle.

What did Fran say about the other 8 PG's he offered before Bohannon?

What do the other guys that he offered matter at this point and to the conversation of JBos actual play?

Maybe Fran was wrong on him too. Some guys are just gamers and I think this kids mental attitude of not being afraid to take the big shot helps him overcome some of his physical liabilities.

So sure, maybe he was a backup recruit but at this time that is irrelevant and his play speaks for himself. Personally, I love having a 3 point threat at point. Mike was better defensively but I would still take Jordan because of his offensive impact.

I"m glad JB had a good/great game. Michigan is not a strong team though very well coached. Beilien is a class act. Not sure how long he'll survive.

Derrick Walton is a solid SR point guard for Michigan and compares to Abrams very favorably. Lyle has shown a lot of improvement defensively this year and will be a tough matchup.

That's a fair point but Mike had his limitations too. I agree that later in his career, Mike was a pretty good defender. But he wasn't at the beginning of his career.

Mikes last 2 years he has little success beyond the arc, would get in trouble when driving and don't even get me started on free throws. The only shot I think Mike was confident in was that mid range jump shot at the elbow.

JB looks to be a better shooter and is getting better at finishing at the rim. Defense can be improved upon by understanding the game and overal hustle.

Walton is every bit the PG as those guys. Michigan is pretty good. They were #32 in the KenPom, good for 4th best in the Big10. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Last edited:
Gesell was avg. maybe even below avg. IMO. He wasn't terrible at anything but he wasn't great at anything either.

I would agree with that assessment with one exception... he was terrible in crunch time. He proved time and time again he couldn't handle the pressure. Missed free throws, turnovers, and last second drives to the basket that were awful. Those are my memories of him in the final two minutes of close games.

I would agree with that assessment with one exception... he was terrible in crunch time. He proved time and time again he couldn't handle the pressure. Missed free throws, turnovers, and last second drives to the basket that were awful. Those are my memories of him in the final two minutes of close games.
I think that's fair.

Walton is every bit the PG as those guys. Michigan is pretty good. They were #32 in the KenPom, good four 4th best in the Big10. Where do you come up with this stuff?

As a team Michigan hasn't done much this year. I don't make up the schedule and results. I've seen a number of Big Ten conference players up close and personal in high school. Sorry,but I don't consider Walton as strong as Lyle or play as savvy as Abrams. Solid is a good way to describe him. Michigan is not a championship caliber team this year. I would love to have their coach. Lyle I have seen up close and personal. I compare things to competing for a championship. If I were putting together a team, I would want a guard who is 6 3 and quick in my world who can drive and go to the rim or pull up as well as pass. They can quick with anyone. Michigan w/o looking at the schedule is middle of the pack at best. 32nd and 4th best? In a down year, maybe they are. Nebby certainly has proven some things this year. I have no problem with JB as a shooting guard as long as there was overall quickness at the 1, 3, and 4.

Latest posts