Bohannon crow anyone?

Yep, same as UC Irvine, SE LA, UC Davis, LA Tech, and Wyoming. In fact, his 6 highest scoring games are in the non-conference, including the loss to San Diego State that you haven't mentioned at all. He wasn't good (5-14, 3 assists, 4 turnovers) vs Seton Hall either. Sounds like a familiar team.

LA Tech is actually better than us this year

LA Tech is actually better than us this year

Well, LA Tech lost by 11 at Nebraska. That had to hurt your case. :) Cal had to go OT to beat them. And they lost to all 3 Power 5 teams (including South Carolina who I know is good) they faced.

How about Moore 1-8 (0-3 from two) 1 assist and 2 turnovers vs South Dakota State? I mean, they are 10-14 overall.

Well, LA Tech lost by 11 at Nebraska. That had to hurt your case. :) Cal had to go OT to beat them. And they lost to all 3 Power 5 teams (including South Carolina who I know is good) they faced.

How about Moore 1-8 (0-3 from two) 1 assist and 2 turnovers vs South Dakota State? I mean, they are 10-14 overall.

You keep pointing out all these bad games and he's still better than Bohannon. That has to hurt your case

Yep, same as UC Irvine, SE LA, UC Davis, LA Tech, and Wyoming. In fact, his 6 highest scoring games are in the non-conference, including the loss to San Diego State that you haven't mentioned at all. He wasn't good (5-14, 3 assists, 4 turnovers) vs Seton Hall either. Sounds like a familiar team.

Moore has been really, really bad vs decent teams. KenPom shows the stats vs what he considers good competition. He has a tier A (the best teams, top 50) and tier B (the 50-100 kenpom teams). Moore has an offensive rating of 87.7 in those games (vs tier A+B). He has actually only play 8 games vs these teams, the other 13 games are against pretty bad competition. That is the only reason he has good stats, he as padded them vs weak ass teams.

Jordan has a 98.1 offensive rating vs the Tier A+B teams. Over 10 points higher than Moore. He has played vs 12 different tier A+B teams, so he has played a lot more games vs better competition than Charlie has.

Just for fun I looked up Cassius Winston. He has a 93.6 Orate vs tier A+B teams. He has played 13 games vs those teams.

You keep pointing out all these bad games and he's still better than Bohannon. That has to hurt your case

Not really. He played well in the non conference. He padded his stats against bad teams, and had a few clunkers as well. However, when conference play started (and just before to be honest), Bohannon started playing more (no pun intended) and has outplayed Moore since then. I haven't argued overall stats. However, you seem to think scoring 38 points vs UC Irvine means the same as playing well in conference for both players. It doesn't - at all.

Moore has been really, really bad vs decent teams. KenPom shows the stats vs what he considers good competition. He has a tier A (the best teams, top 50) and tier B (the 50-100 kenpom teams). Moore has an offensive rating of 87.7 in those games (vs tier A+B). He has actually only play 8 games vs these teams, the other 13 games are against pretty bad competition. That is the only reason he has good stats, he as padded them vs weak ass teams.

Jordan has a 98.1 offensive rating vs the Tier A+B teams. Over 10 points higher than Moore. He has played vs 12 different tier A+B teams, so he has played a lot more games vs better competition than Charlie has.

Just for fun I looked up Cassius Winston. He has a 93.6 Orate vs tier A+B teams. He has played 13 games vs those teams.

I am sure that 56 will come up with a reason why that doesn't matter. But, thanks for this. :)

I am sure that 56 will come up with a reason why that doesn't matter. But, thanks for this. :)

It is pretty typical that Fr. struggle, and especially struggle vs good competition. That is why conference stats are always interesting, in that most every Fr., heck every player sees their conference stats are rarely as good as non conference numbers.

Not really. He played well in the non conference. He padded his stats against bad teams, and had a few clunkers as well. However, when conference play started (and just before to be honest), Bohannon started playing more (no pun intended) and has outplayed Moore since then. I haven't argued overall stats. However, you seem to think scoring 38 points vs UC Irvine means the same as playing well in conference for both players. It doesn't - at all.

You think Bohannon is better than Moore?

You think Bohannon is better than Moore?

I think Moore's overall stats are better than Jordan's at this point of the season. I think Moore padded his stats early against inferior opponents at times. I think Jordan has been better the past 10 games or so. How about you?

I think Moore's overall stats are better than Jordan's at this point of the season. I think Moore padded his stats early against inferior opponents at times. I think Jordan has been better the past 10 games or so. How about you?

I think Moore is way better both offensively and especially defensively and we'd be much better if we had him

I think Moore is way better both offensively and especially defensively and we'd be much better if we had him

Of course you didn't answer my question. Not surprised.

How about Dean's post about tier A+B opponents? Have any response?

I don't acknowledge Dean. Most of his stats are made up

But his post used stats from Ken Pom, right? So, if you don't buy the stats from a site you like that show you something against what you think, you don't acknowledge them? Really? I thought you were better than that. I was wrong.

But his post used stats from Ken Pom, right? So, if you don't buy the stats from a site you like that show you something against what you think, you don't acknowledge them? Really? I thought you were better than that. I was wrong.

He makes up stats. He'll say he pulled something off KenPom but he just makes them up

He makes up stats. He'll say he pulled something off KenPom but he just makes them up

So, has Moore played better against lesser opponents on his schedule? His top 6 scoring games were non-conference games as listed previously (UC Irvine, SE La, UC Davis, La Tech, Wyoming, and San Diego State. - easy to verify that right here. Top 5 scoring games were at home and none of top 6 were a true road game. No conference games among these games.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/charlie-moore-1/gamelog/2017

Meanwhile, Jordan's top 6 scoring games were @ND, vs Neb-Omaha, vs North Dakota, vs Michigan, vs Purdue, and vs Ohio State. Link provided. One true road game. 3 conference opponents.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jordan-bohannon-1/gamelog/2017

So, what do you think about that?

So, has Moore played better against lesser opponents on his schedule? His top 6 scoring games were non-conference games as listed previously (UC Irvine, SE La, UC Davis, La Tech, Wyoming, and San Diego State. - easy to verify that right here. Top 5 scoring games were at home and none of top 6 were a true road game. No conference games among these games.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/charlie-moore-1/gamelog/2017

Meanwhile, Jordan's top 6 scoring games were @ND, vs Neb-Omaha, vs North Dakota, vs Michigan, vs Purdue, and vs Ohio State. Link provided. One true road game. 3 conference opponents.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jordan-bohannon-1/gamelog/2017

So, what do you think about that?

I think Moore is better than Bohannon. He's better offensively and we haven't even touched defense. I'd trade for Moore in a heartbeat, would you?

Latest posts