Bohannon crow anyone?

I know you keep posting that, but I don't believe Jordan reads this, so I am not sure who you are typing this to. 4-10 vs OSU wasn't bad, right? It's amazing, if he misses that shot from 30 or so before halftime, he would be 3-10 for the game and you would have posted much sooner about Iowa winning the game despite his bad shooting. But, 4-10 and there's not much to say, right? Well, except for Winston. :)

I brought up Winston because Dean made up stats about him saying Jordan was better than him when Winston is really outdoing him this season

I brought up Winston because Dean made up stats about him saying Jordan was better than him when Winston is really outdoing him this season

I know. Hence the :)

No comment on the rest of the post. Difference between 3-10 vs 4-10? One missed shot in a game that it didn't matter (shot before halftime from 30 feet). Again, do you see how stats don't really tell the whole story. What if Jordan decided to pass to someone else with 2-3 seconds left on the shot clock? Then, he is 3-9 from 3 point range and someone else might get charged the turnover. On a play right at the end of the half. Interesting, right? But he's 4-10 so not much to say there.

Plays made vs Nebraska (blocked shot :), charge to foul out Watson, key 3 pointer, offensive rebound) to help the cause are routinely put aside by you because of missing some shots in OT that 'cost' us the game. In your quest to show everyone how bad he is, you are actually making some people look closer at the games and realizing some of the small plays he has made to help the team.

Congratulations!

No comment on the rest of the post. Difference between 3-10 vs 4-10? One missed shot in a game that it didn't matter (shot before halftime from 30 feet). Again, do you see how stats don't really tell the whole story. What if Jordan decided to pass to someone else with 2-3 seconds left on the shot clock? Then, he is 3-9 from 3 point range and someone else might get charged the turnover. On a play right at the end of the half. Interesting, right? But he's 4-10 so not much to say there.

Plays made vs Nebraska (blocked shot :), charge to foul out Watson, key 3 pointer, offensive rebound) to help the cause are routinely put aside by you because of missing some shots in OT that 'cost' us the game. In your quest to show everyone how bad he is, you are actually making some people look closer at the games and realizing some of the small plays he has made to help the team.

Congratulations!

I didn't realize you were one of those people that just ignored stats

His eFG% is 10th on the team, his Offensive rating is 8th best on the team and he's a liability defensively.

Congratulations!

The only thing he had to do with losing the Nebraska game was that he's one of players on the team that played and contributed to it. Did he have a great game? No.... i can concede that, but he didn't melt down in OT and cost us it, he also didn't go 1-6 in OT to help drive home that point. Ridiculous.

I didn't realize you were one of those people that just ignored stats

His eFG% is 10th on the team, his Offensive rating is 8th best on the team and he's a liability defensively.

Funny. You also ignore plays that actually happen in the context of the game. Not one comment on those plays vs Nebraska - just peed down his leg on 1-6 shooting. Your level of understanding of how the game is played is based solely on what you read in a spreadsheet and not what happens on the court. Must be a ball to watch a game with you.

Winston has outplayed Bohannon on the year. His best game was 21 points/10 assists in a loss at home to Northeastern. Again, stats matter, when they matter.

The only thing he had to do with losing the Nebraska game was that he's one of players on the team that played and contributed to it. Did he have a great game? No.... i can concede that, but he didn't melt down in OT and cost us it, he also didn't go 1-6 in OT to help drive home that point. Ridiculous.

Pete is shooting 32% from 3 in conference play......56 says he shouldn't shoot 3 pointers, it is hurting the team.

Funny. You also ignore plays that actually happen in the context of the game. Not one comment on those plays vs Nebraska - just peed down his leg on 1-6 shooting. Your level of understanding of how the game is played is based solely on what you read in a spreadsheet and not what happens on the court. Must be a ball to watch a game with you.

Winston has outplayed Bohannon on the year. His best game was 21 points/10 assists in a loss at home to Northeastern. Again, stats matter, when they matter.

Bohannon's two highest scoring games was a 14 point loss to Notre Dame and a 9 point loss at home to Omaha. So do those stats matter? And we're just talking offense, Winston and WAY better defensively than Jordan.

Jordan is averaging more PPG that Winston, and is playing well above his recruiting ranking. Winston is playing well below his recruiting ranking. It is what it is.

I don't know why anyone responds to 5656. He's just a troll who constantly changes his argument or which stats he uses for his argument. He will never give Jordan credit even if JorBo averages 20 points 10 assists and 1 turnover for an entire season. I put 5656 on ignore and it's been wonderful.

Here are the PG's we offered and what they are doing:

Bohannon's two highest scoring games was a 14 point loss to Notre Dame and a 9 point loss at home to Omaha. So do those stats matter? And we're just talking offense, Winston and WAY better defensively than Jordan.

That's my point. Well done, grasshopper (I bet you don't get that reference, right?). :)

So, let's not address the 3-10 vs 4-10 (or 3-9 for that matter). Does that one shot late in the shot clock from 30 feet on Iowa's last possession before halftime in a game they led comfortably at the time change your perception of his game? If so, that is where you are letting the stats dictate everything you 'watch' and let it determine value.

In the grand scheme of things, that shot didn't really matter (wasn't clutch, didn't provide the difference in the game). However, it changed Jordan's shooting night from 30% (bad) to 40% (good). I am not willing to let one 30 foot jumper while the shot clock was down determine that for me. How about that? Or, should he pass the ball to someone else to let them heave it up? At least he didn't shoot it then, right? Might not have even been his turnover. Amazing.

That's my point. Well done, grasshopper (I bet you don't get that reference, right?). :)

So, let's not address the 3-10 vs 4-10 (or 3-9 for that matter). Does that one shot late in the shot clock from 30 feet on Iowa's last possession before halftime in a game they led comfortably at the time change your perception of his game? If so, that is where you are letting the stats dictate everything you 'watch' and let it determine value.

In the grand scheme of things, that shot didn't really matter (wasn't clutch, didn't provide the difference in the game). However, it changed Jordan's shooting night from 30% (bad) to 40% (good). I am not willing to let one 30 foot jumper while the shot clock was down determine that for me. How about that? Or, should he pass the ball to someone else to let them heave it up? At least he didn't shoot it then, right? Might not have even been his turnover. Amazing.

He's shooting 33% on the season, that's not just one shot

I don't know why anyone responds to 5656. He's just a troll who constantly changes his argument or which stats he uses for his argument. He will never give Jordan credit even if JorBo averages 20 points 10 assists and 1 turnover for an entire season. I put 5656 on ignore and it's been wonderful.

I know it's like talking to a wall, but I have 2 kids that are probably in the same age range as 56, so I am used to it.

I haven't even brought up that Bohannon has a better PER than Charlie Moore in conference once today. :)

He's shooting 33% on the season, that's not just one shot

So, not going to answer. That's OK, I wouldn't either when presented with that situation. One shot from 30 feet determine whether he had a good or bad shooting game (remember, you brought up the one game sample @Nebraska). I will chalk up Bohannon vs OSU as a good game.

I know it's like talking to a wall, but I have 2 kids that are probably in the same age range as 56, so I am used to it.

I haven't even brought up that Bohannon has a better PER than Charlie Moore in conference once today. :)

Moore has a MUCH better PER than Jordan this year

So, not going to answer. That's OK, I wouldn't either when presented with that situation. One shot from 30 feet determine whether he had a good or bad shooting game (remember, you brought up the one game sample @Nebraska). I will chalk up Bohannon vs OSU as a good game.

I'm sure you will, he took the most shots on the team which is alarming but ended up 4th in most points and had more turnovers than assists.

Conference play. Pay attention! Read slowly if needed. As Dean said, the competition is better, so Jordan is improving and Charlie is not. Is that true?

I forgot non conference doesn't matter, we didn't lose to Omaha and Seton Hall at home and didn't lose to Memphis either

I'm sure you will, he took the most shots on the team which is alarming but ended up 4th in most points and had more turnovers than assists.

But, you said shooting in clutch situations helps determine whether he helped win the game. Well, there wasn't really clutch situations in the game because they won decisively. So, his 4-10 shooting from 3 probably doesn't matter in your eyes. Moving targets are hard to hit, aren't they?

Latest posts