Bohannon crow anyone?

If you think Uhl has played better than him (which we're talking apples and oranges as far as position and rolls) you need to see yourself out of this conversation and it should tell you that your advance stats are crap...but for sake of your daily feeding I'll go ahead and rank who I think has played the best on the 344 youngest team out of 351 in college basketball up until this point this season as far as consistency and the entire year.

1. Jok
2. Baer
3. Bohannon
4. Pemsl
5. Cook
6. Ellingson
7. Moss
8. Wagner
9. Kreiner

You think Bohannon is the third best player on the team? You can't be serious. And people wonder why I have to get involved when people hype him up so much

If you think Uhl has played better than him (which we're talking apples and oranges as far as position and rolls) you need to see yourself out of this conversation and it should tell you that your advance stats are crap...but for sake of your daily feeding I'll go ahead and rank who I think has played the best on the 344 youngest team out of 351 in college basketball up until this point this season as far as consistency and the entire year.

1. Jok
2. Baer
3. Bohannon
4. Pemsl
5. Cook
6. Ellingson
7. Moss
8. Wagner
9. Kreiner

My list was compiled with my eye balls BTW and not a computer that tells me who is playing well, and I am a novice fan admittedly.

The eternal thread. 56 says Jo Bo isn't that good. Others disagree and they keep posting stats to further their arguments. If he plays poorly vs. Rutgers, 56 will feel vindicated and puff his chest out. If he plays well, others will stick it to 56. Then we go to the next game and see how that one turns out. And on and on it goes.

He's an imperfect freshman who has done some good things but needs to work on other things.

That is all.

You think Bohannon is the third best player on the team? You can't be serious. And people wonder why I have to get involved when people hype him up so much

No, I don't think he's the 3rd best player on the team... I think he's played at least 3rd or 4th best this season as a whole that doesn't mean I think he's our 3rd best player. I would say Jok, Cook, Baer, Pemsl, Moss, they're all better players but they don't even play his position so I don't really see why that's confusing to you.

No, I don't think he's the 3rd best player on the team... I think he's played at least 3rd or 4th best this season as a whole that doesn't mean I think he's our 3rd best player. I would say Jok, Cook, Baer, Pemsl, Moss, they're all better players but they don't even play his position so I don't really see why that's confusing to you.

Why? He's shooting 33% from the floor and is a poor defender

He hasn't played well at all. Even Uhl has passed him in advanced stats now and he's only ahead of Williams and Moss. Where would you rank him on the team? I'd probably go right now:

1. Jok
2. Baer
3. Cook
4. Pemsl
5. Kriener
6. Ellingson
7. Wagner
8. Moss/Bohannon

So is the 8th best player on a bad team playing well?

So, if Uhl and Dailey's advanced stats are better than Bohannon's, why aren't they rated better than him in your list? Does that mean there is some interpretation of the stats? How is that possible?

Also, when you say he hasn't played 'well at all', how did Iowa beat Michigan when even you said he was one of the reasons they won that game? 17 points, 6 assists, 0 turnovers, but he hasn't played well 'at all'. Do you know what that phrase means?

So, if Uhl and Dailey's advanced stats are better than Bohannon's, why aren't they rated better than him in your list? Does that mean there is some interpretation of the stats? How is that possible?

Also, when you say he hasn't played 'well at all', how did Iowa beat Michigan when even you said he was one of the reasons they won that game? 17 points, 6 assists, 0 turnovers, but he hasn't played well 'at all'. Do you know what that phrase means?

He hasn't played well as a whole this season. He's had a couple good games and a couple awful games. I'm a Bohannon fan so even though advanced stats say Uhl and Dailey are better my bias gave Jordan the nod

I'm beginning to think the only way to stop 56's troll is to just ignore him, and don't respond. It is pointless, and he has proven he simply won't stop trolling. Just come on over to the 56 free thread and post there:
https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/dont-respond-to-56-thread.77689/page-4

I agree this thread is good when not responding. I am glad it was created and will use it going forward.

However, knowing he is a troll, I also have fun pointing out the holes in his thought process. I know he is just 'having fun' and telling his buddies how he has a group of Iowa fans falling over themselves trying to convince him that Jordan Bohannon is an All-American (hyperbole is his friend). Sometimes, as you have proven over the years, than can be fun too. :)

Why? He's shooting 33% from the floor and is a poor defender

Because he's scored the 3rd most points on the team, he's 2nd in minutes, 1st in assists and 5th in the B1G and has 45 3 pointers. As a lowly touted PG that no one else wanted in the big boy conferences playing in his first season of college basketball.

Because he's scored the 3rd most points on the team, he's 2nd in minutes, 1st in assists and 5th in the B1G and has 45 3 pointers. As a lowly touted PG that no one else wanted in the big boy conferences playing in his first season of college basketball.

He's 3rd most with points on the team because he's taken the 2nd most shots

He hasn't played well as a whole this season. He's had a couple good games and a couple awful games. I'm a Bohannon fan so even though advanced stats say Uhl and Dailey are better my bias gave Jordan the nod

You said it hasn't played well 'at all'. I am quoting you. 'At all' means just what you think it means. So, you would be incorrect there.

And, if advanced status are saying Uhl and Dailey are better than Bohannon, then you might as well chuck them, because no one (including Dailey and Uhl's families) thinks that.

Numbers try to help explain, but they do not determine the value of a player on a team. I would say Bohannon has been average overall as a freshman, much better since the start of the season, and improved since the start of the conference season. He has been better than most fans thought he would be. Those are all good signs for the future.

You said it hasn't played well 'at all'. I am quoting you. 'At all' means just what you think it means. So, you would be incorrect there.

And, if advanced status are saying Uhl and Dailey are better than Bohannon, then you might as well chuck them, because no one (including Dailey and Uhl's families) thinks that.

Numbers try to help explain, but they do not determine the value of a player on a team. I would say Bohannon has been average overall as a freshman, much better since the start of the season, and improved since the start of the conference season. He has been better than most fans thought he would be. Those are all good signs for the future.

If Uhl was playing the minutes of Bohannon he would probably be more productive. He's a better defender for sure

What does that mean? Does a gamer pee the game down his leg at Nebraska?

Jesus... i was at that game. Jordan forced one of the OT's with a huge 3... he also didn't force Jok to throw a full court pass (that was horrible)while we are up in the final one that completely changed the mo in the game.

If Uhl was playing the minutes of Bohannon he would probably be more productive. He's a better defender for sure

But, he can't play his position, can he? I mean, if you think he can dribble makes him a possibility to play 30 some minutes at the PG, then I think you are mistaken. Do you really think Dailey or Uhl could do better than Bohannon at PG?

Latest posts