Bohannon crow anyone?

I don't understand the love affair with JBo. Hitting a few deep threes out of 10 attempts doesn't make you a great shooter. He doesn't defend and can't drive to the basket. I see him as a sixth man situational 3 point shooter rather than a 1. Moss is more athletic and has more potential in my opinion.

It's the weirdest thing ever people think he's good

Right, but you acknowledged that he's gonna be a 4 year starter and probably put up huge numbers. Which means he's a really good player for the Hawks. I haven't seen a single person claim that he's a good defender. It is a weak point in his game, but he adds so much else to the team that it is absolutely worth it for him to be out on the floor. His ability to get the ball to his teammates is awesome for a true freshman, and his constant threat from deep is a nasty offensive weapon that helps spread the floor. Very few players don't have a weakness. That's what separates elite players from really good players.

Morons choose to focus on his one weak point and use it to claim he's a bad player and a miss.

Just because someone is a starter doesn't mean they're good

I don't understand the love affair with JBo. Hitting a few deep threes out of 10 attempts doesn't make you a great shooter. He doesn't defend and can't drive to the basket. I see him as a sixth man situational 3 point shooter rather than a 1. Moss is more athletic and has more potential in my opinion.
Ok... Well that won't happen. JBo is going to be a 4 yr starter unless Frans kid coming up behind him overtakes him.... Can that happen? I guess so but he's not going to be a quick defender of pgs either. Although he's taller/longer I don't think he'll be better overall. I doubt he's as good of a shooter or passer then JBo. But we're quite aways off from knowing any of that yet. Moss is plenty more athletic but he's not a pg. Now would JBo be more suited to playing like you suggest off the ball as a Brody Boyd type? Yeah I agree with that. But he is who he is and this roster is what it is... Do I see JBo getting significantly more athletic in the future? No but he can certainly get stronger. That for one thing would help. And his overall court awareness at both ends will improve. I think he'll be a heck of a player when it's all said and done with some assist records and maybe even some shooting records. I look forward to watching more so then loathing it that's for sure

Right, but you acknowledged that he's gonna be a 4 year starter and probably put up huge numbers. Which means he's a really good player for the Hawks. I haven't seen a single person claim that he's a good defender. It is a weak point in his game, but he adds so much else to the team that it is absolutely worth it for him to be out on the floor. His ability to get the ball to his teammates is awesome for a true freshman, and his constant threat from deep is a nasty offensive weapon that helps spread the floor. Very few players don't have a weakness. That's what separates elite players from really good players.

Morons choose to focus on his one weak point and use it to claim he's a bad player and a miss.

In another thread I even mentioned Bohannon could be our leading scorer next year. I think he is going to be a good shooter, I love his quick release, and he does have some good passing abilities. At the end of his career he may wind up with huge numbers as a Hawk. I just wish Fran would get a true point guard and let Bohannon play the 2 position.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think he "balled out" last night. He took the most shots on the team and still had 3 players outscore him plus had more turnovers than assists

Jordan outplayed/or at least as well as OSU's 4* and 5* kids last night.......Ellingson outplayed them all.

Williams 5-14 (3-7 3pt) for 14 points
Lyle 4-12 (1-6 3pt) for 12 points
Jordan 4-10 (4-10 3Pt) for 12 points.

But yeah, just keep thinking that players are perfect and go off for 20 every night......

Cassius Winston 106.2 Offensive Rating, Bohannon is 99.0, Winston 16.9 PER, Bohannon is 11.0 PER. He was pretty tough for Michigan State yesterday if anyone watched the game

Cassius Winston 106.2 Offensive Rating, Bohannon is 99.0, Winston 16.9 PER, Bohannon is 11.0 PER. He was pretty tough for Michigan State yesterday if anyone watched the game

He had a good game. What stands out was that he was 10-11 FTs (5-6 FTs in the last minute of the game) because he was getting fouled towards the end of the game. He had 3 assists and 3 turnovers.

He had a good game. What stands out was that he was 10-11 FTs (5-6 FTs in the last minute of the game) because he was getting fouled towards the end of the game. He had 3 assists and 3 turnovers.

He's still been much better than Bohannon this year and Dean said their fans are mad at how he's played

He's still been much better than Bohannon this year and Dean said their fans are mad at how he's played

Question - if Iowa was only leading by 5 points against OSU, and Jordan was fouled 3 times in the last minute, and he made 5-6 FTs, how much does his offensive rating improve? Does that make Jordan's game better?

Question - if Iowa was only leading by 5 points against OSU, and Jordan was fouled 3 times in the last minute, and he made 5-6 FTs, how much does his offensive rating improve? Does that make Jordan's game better?

I'm not sure how much it improves his offensive rating but yes it would make his game better

I'm not sure how much it improves his offensive rating but yes it would make his game better

Going into the game, Winston was 24-36 (67%) from FT line. Now he is 34/47 (72%). So, that may have been why Michigan was fouling him at the end of the game. He did a good job making the final 5-6 FTs, but I do see how that may have skewed his stats a bit thus affecting his offensive rating. Good for him.

I bet Jbo hopes that other teams think he is as bad as some Iowa fans do. Then they would never guard him lol.

Going into the game, Winston was 24-36 (67%) from FT line. Now he is 34/47 (72%). So, that may have been why Michigan was fouling him at the end of the game. He did a good job making the final 5-6 FTs, but I do see how that may have skewed his stats a bit thus affecting his offensive rating. Good for him.

Making shots isn't skewing your stats.

Making shots isn't skewing your stats.

It can make your stats look better than the first 39 minutes were. This is the situational concept I have discussed previously. If Iowa is only leading OSU by 5 points in the final minute, then maybe Jordan (or someone else) gets fouled, makes FTs, and can make an average game offensively look better. Winston had a good game (3 assists, 3 turnovers 3-5 shooting) that turned out much better by making 5-6 FTs in the last 46 seconds of the game.

Latest posts