Bohannon crow anyone?

With JB's 1-9 shooting performance last night, his FG% dropped to 33.1 on the year. I certainly don't expect that to continue much longer, but he's definitely struggled the past three games.

For comparison sake and a bit of Hawkeye trivia, since the 3 point line was adopted in the 86-87 season, here are the five lowest FG% from our primary point guards in a single season for the previous 30 seasons. Can you name the players? Hint: one senior, two sophomores, two freshman. (I'll fill them in as they are guessed correctly).

31.3%
32.7%
33.2% - Horner frosh
35.2% - Cartwright senior
36.8%

Last edited:
With JB's 1-9 shooting performance last night, his FG% dropped to 33.1 on the year. I certainly don't expect that to continue much longer, but he's definitely struggled the past three games.

For comparison sake and a bit of Hawkeye trivia, since the 3 point line was adopted in the 86-87 season, here are the five lowest FG% from our primary point guards in a single season for the previous 30 seasons. Can you name the players? Hint: one senior, two sophomores, two freshman

31.3%
32.7%
33.2%
35.2%
36.8%

I'll guess Horner as a freshman and Cartwright as a senior for two of them

I watched every shot and kept saying why are you shooting so much
You said that after the first shot? He went through one stretch where he quick shot a few times. That's the only time you could have said that. So maybe two of the nine shots.

You said that after the first shot? He went through one stretch where he quick shot a few times. That's the only time you could have said that. So maybe two of the nine shots.

It was pretty evident early on he didn't have it last night. No need ball hogging it at that point

It was pretty evident early on he didn't have it last night. No need ball hogging it at that point

You can debate if he's a good shooter or not but from everything he's known or been told his whole life, he is considered a good shooter. Good shooters keep shooting.

You can debate if he's a good shooter or not but from everything he's known or been told his whole life, he is considered a good shooter. Good shooters keep shooting.

He hasn't been a good shooter so far. Oglesby was a good shooter too

He hasn't been a good shooter so far. Oglesby was a good shooter too

So far he hasn't had good results. Good shooters have less than good results all the time. Jok was still a good shooter back when he was having not so good results.

So far he hasn't had good results. Good shooters have less than good results all the time. Jok was still a good shooter back when he was having not so good results.

In my opinion you have to earn the right to be considered a good shooter. It took until Jok's Junior year before everyone bought in

Latest posts