Bohannon crow anyone?

He was open...so yes put it up youngster. I cringe when I see the forced 3's either from silly deep range or hand in the face. Broken plays or lose ball situations often lead to open 3's. Historically it's a higher percentage 3 point attempt. I wish we would switch up our fast break from time to time to send shooters to the wing instead of crashing the basket. It's easy 3 point offense.

I believe they do have guys spot up on the break. It depends on who is on the break. On this one below, Jok is actually ahead of Moss initially and he runs to the wing but Moss gets a layup. Now, some of this may also be because Jok was hurting vs Maryland.

Are you saying he's only shooting open shots?

Nope, I am asking a question about what you think he is choosing to shoot because he needs to shoot less. My point is when you say someone should shoot less, there's needs to be an alternative. If he is shooting contested shots and shouldn't, then there has to be another option. Is he passing up open teammates to shoot contested shots, in your opinion?

Nope, I am asking a question about what you think he is choosing to shoot because he needs to shoot less. My point is when you say someone should shoot less, there's needs to be an alternative. If he is shooting contested shots and shouldn't, then there has to be another option. Is he passing up open teammates to shoot contested shots, in your opinion?

He needs to pass the ball to about anyone else on the team instead of shooting contested shots.

He needs to pass the ball to about anyone else on the team instead of shooting contested shots.

OK. Fair enough. Next game, why don't you list the times he should have passed because the shot was contested and the times the shot was OK because it was not contested.

OK. Fair enough. Next game, why don't you list the times he should have passed because the shot was contested and the times the shot was OK because it was not contested.

It's pretty easy to watch when he shoots contested shots vs open ones. I don't think I need to point it out

Baer, Pemsl, Moss and Ellignson should be shooting more

And there is the terrible answer I knew you would give. Tell me how Ellingson is going to shoot more when the entire time he is trying to get open enough to let one fly and can't.

You say Pemsl needs to shoot more, and I wish he could, but he can't. He passes up every open perimeter shot for a reason and he turns the ball over way too often trying to get more shots in the paint. He and Ellingson simply don't have the game right now to get off more shots.

As far as Baer goes, he shoots the ball every single time he gets a sliver of daylight so you won't see his shot numbers rising soon.

I do agree Moss needs to assert himself more tho so one out of four isn't bad.

I want a lot of things in life too. If you're looking for someone to point out every shot he takes or doesn't take you're talking to the wrong guy

Actually, I only wanted you to point out whether each shot he took was a good shot (uncontested) or not (contested). I don't think I mentioned the shots he doesn't take.

And there is the terrible answer I knew you would give. Tell me how Ellingson is going to shoot more when the entire time he is trying to get open enough to let one fly and can't.

You say Pemsl needs to shoot more, and I wish he could, but he can't. He passes up every open perimeter shot for a reason and he turns the ball over way too often trying to get more shots in the paint. He and Ellingson simply don't have the game right now to get off more shots.

As far as Baer goes, he shoots the ball every single time he gets a sliver of daylight so you won't see his shot numbers rising soon.

Bohannon doesn't have the game right not to be shooting as much as he does right now but he still pulls the trigger. I'd rather have Ellingson who's a better 3 point shooter bomb away contested shots than Jordan

Yep. Here's Baer taking a shot with a sliver of daylight. I can't tell if the shot is contested or not. :)

I believe they do have guys spot up on the break. It depends on who is on the break. On this one below, Jok is actually ahead of Moss initially and he runs to the wing but Moss gets a layup. Now, some of this may also be because Jok was hurting vs Maryland.

That is a perfect example. Moss drives into 2 defenders and goes to the rim while he has 2 shooters wide open stopping behind the arc. Now in this case he splits the defenders and converts but we have seen just as many that didn't go in. I'm not saying we don't spread out shooters on the fast break I'm merely saying we are predictable in that we will predominantly take it to the hoop. We could see bigger benefits if we intentionally switched it up from time to time. Take it to the hole for a stretch then start drawing the defenders and looking to kick out to the perimeter for open rhythm 3's

Yep. Here's Baer taking a shot with a sliver of daylight. I can't tell if the shot is contested or not. :)

That is a late contest on a shooter. The defender sat down in his stance for a split second undoubtedly not wanting to get beat on a drive to the paint. Baer has decent size and a high release point to get his shot off and he was able to catch step and shoot. That is a pretty good shot in the grand scheme. Shooting in rhythm is really important if you want to see the shots fall.

That is a late contest on a shooter. The defender sat down in his stance for a split second undoubtedly not wanting to get beat on a drive to the paint. Baer has decent size and a high release point to get his shot off and he was able to catch step and shoot. That is a pretty good shot in the grand scheme. Shooting in rhythm is really important if you want to see the shots fall.

So, just for fun, would you consider that shot contested (I know you said late) or not contested? This is just a question - you will not be graded on this. My point is, when doing stats and trying to decide whether something is contrest/not contested (open or covered), it's not always simple. This is not directed at you. :)

So, just for fun, would you consider that shot contested (I know you said late) or not contested? This is just a question - you will not be graded on this. My point is, when doing stats and trying to decide whether something is contrest/not contested (open or covered), it's not always simple. This is not directed at you. :)

If the shooting motion starts before the defenders hand goes up than most of the time that is considered uncontested. There are some defenders who challenge that principle though. Uthoff was one of them. But in this case I say uncontested.

Latest posts