Bohannon crow anyone?

I guess I just don't see him as the lighting quick type PG. I do love his junkyard dog mentality.

Okay, so I wanted to see where you were at with the your basketball IQ here. You do realize that if a guy like Winston attempted 3 more shots a game (to get to a level of Bohannon), his shooting %s would likely decline? (Including eFG% & true shooting). Like your not going to try and convince me that guys like Tum Nairn and Winston are better shooters than Bohannon? If so you have a long way to go to LEARN THE GAME.

TS% includes free throws so no. I'm not sold Bohannon is a great shooter, he's only shooting 34% from the floor

TS% includes free throws so no. I'm not sold Bohannon is a great shooter, he's only shooting 34% from the floor

Do you understand the logic behind the fact that if Winston or Nairn attempted 8 shots a game their shooting %s, eFG%, and TS% would almost undoubtedly decrease?

Do you understand the logic behind the fact that if Winston or Nairn attempted 8 shots a game their shooting %s, eFG%, and TS% would almost undoubtedly decrease?

56 doesn't understand BB let alone how statistics and advanced stats paint a picture. He locks in and one stat to try to prove a point and then ignores all others. He tells us a 43% shooter is "effiecient" for months, then does a 180 if it no longer suits his purpose.

It might, it might not

It's almost a certainty that it would. It certainly would in more scenarios than not. Or I'll provide you with another scenario:

-
If Jok leaves after last year for the draft, do Brady Ellingson's shooting %s go up or down from where they now, with an increase in minutes played and shots per game?

Do you understand the logic behind this? If so please explain. (Respond to this)

It's almost a certainty that it would. It certainly would in more scenarios than not. Or I'll provide you with another scenario:

-
If Jok leaves after last year for the draft, do Brady Ellingson's shooting %s go up or down from where they now, with an increase in minutes played and shots per game?

Do you understand the logic behind this? If so please explain. (Respond to this)

If someone shoots more they might make more. Jok's shooting numbers are much better than Bohannon's and he shoots more. I don't know how to answer that

If I did that then I would be content being the 90th best team in the country and I'm not

Wanting better play from the players is one thing, but if they don't perform that doesn't mean they are worthless or bad players. In the case of this team I doubt this core will stay at the "90th" team over the next few years.

If someone shoots more they might make more. Jok's shooting numbers are much better than Bohannon's and he shoots more. I don't know how to answer that

If Player A (who gets regular minutes) shoots 5 shots per game, and is asked to instead shoot 10 shots per game. His shooting %s will almost undoubtedly go down. Can you explain why that is?

If Player A (who gets regular minutes) shoots 5 shots per game, and is asked to instead shoot 10 shots per game. His shooting %s will almost undoubtedly go down. Can you explain why that is?

Player A (Peter Jok) shot 6.8 as a sophomore and 12.4 times as a junior and his numbers went up big time. Just because you shoot more doesn't mean you're %s will go down

Wanting better play from the players is one thing, but if they don't perform that doesn't mean they are worthless or bad players. In the case of this team I doubt this core will stay at the "90th" team over the next few years.

I never said Bohannon was worthless, I said he would be a solid role player off the bench but he's not a great shooter and he's a liability on defense which makes him a weak spot

Player A (Peter Jok) shot 6.8 as a sophomore and 12.4 times as a junior and his numbers went up big time. Just because you shoot more doesn't mean you're %s will go down

I was talking within the context of the same season. Players can improve in the offseason I hope you remember that since you didn't get that before either. Sure there are outliers. Are you going to answer the question?

I never said Bohannon was worthless, I said he would be a solid role player off the bench but he's not a great shooter and he's a liability on defense which makes him a weak spot

That's actually a fair analysis except that FM has no one else really to do pt. He is quite serviceable. Conference Championships are hard to come by with serviceable players. It's hard to predict his 3rd and 4th years. Speed and size won't improve, but moxy can pay off.

The defense I can agree. It is a glaring deficiency and needs lots of off-season work. However shooting. You really think he is a bad shooter? I just can't relate. To my eyes he has the purest stroke outside of Jok. Plus in the process of trying to argue your points you have given some pretty unjust criticism of Jbo. He tries hard and you should give him the benefit of doubt.

I was talking within the context of the same season. Players can improve in the offseason I hope you remember that since you didn't get that before either. Sure there are outliers. Are you going to answer the question?

It is easy, because as they take more shots, they are likely taking more difficult shots. They are now talking shots they were passing up before. If you were taking 8 shots a game and you suddenly start taking 11 or 12, that means odds are you are now taking shots now that you passed up before because you didn't think you were open.

The defense I can agree. It is a glaring deficiency and needs lots of off-season work. However shooting. You really think he is a bad shooter? I just can't relate. To my eyes he has the purest stroke outside of Jok. Plus in the process of trying to argue your points you have given some pretty unjust criticism of Jbo. He tries hard and you should give him the benefit of doubt.

He's only shooting 34% from the floor

We need way better defensive play out of Jordan, Cook, Pemsl and Jok if we want to win more games.

I have no idea if a player will shoot at a higher or lower % if they shoot more. I don't even know how you would assume that

Latest posts