Bohannon crow anyone?

Unless you are talking about a top 10 kid with 1 and done talent then the rankings are subjective at best. Clearly there isn't some massive divide between the #34 player and the #300 player. This Winston kid is probably an overall better athlete, but that in no way guarantees on court supremacy.

Aint that the truth. Jordan is outproducing Winston by a ton in B1G play.

Scott Drew has been to two Elite 8's, a Sweet 16 and they're 17-1 right now. Considering the situation he took over you probably couldn't have used a worse example

Nope they are the perfect example. They have had some success no question, but they have had 3 top 5 recruiting classes and I would say have underachieved with that level of perceived talent.

Nope they are the perfect example. They have had some success no question, but they have had 3 top 5 recruiting classes and I would say have underachieved with that level of perceived talent.

They have had 1 top 5 recruiting classes under Drew. I assume you're trolling now

If 2 Elite 8's and 1 Sweet 16 is just "some success" then Fran has had very little success here

Does anyone know why 4* PG struggle so much in conference play?

Cassius Winston at MSU 4 PPG 94.2 Orate
Tony Carr at Penn St. .382 eFG% 90.6 Orate
Markell Johnson at NC State 4.9 PPG 97.6 Orate
Jaylen Fisher at TCU 7.1 PPG 86.9 Orate
Myles Powell at Seton Hall .347 eFG% 87.3 Orate
Carsen Edwards at Purdue 97.4 Orate
Charlie Moore at Cal 3.1 TO/G 97.7 Orate
Xavier Simpson - Why can't he even get on the court, he is a 4* player

If 2 Elite 8's and 1 Sweet 16 is just "some success" then Fran has had very little success here

Fran has had very little national success. He has had substantially more program level success, but that doesn't count for much on a national level.

Scott Drew took over a program where a player just murdered another player, was on probation until 2010, lost scholarships and official visits and still has managed to be very successful. Recruiting rankings matter

I guess if you only use 1 recruiting site.

2009:
Rivals #12
Scout # 15
247 #19

2010:
Rivals # 6
Scout #5
247 #8

2012:
Rivals # 4
Scout # 5
247 # 5

247 is composite so I think it's the best out there. You said only top 10 players matter and Drew has only had 3 top 10 players in his 14 seasons at Baylor and still has gotten them to 2 Elite 8's and a Sweet 16

You would rather have Bohannon over Winston?

Right now I'd lean Winston, but it's honestly much closer than the #34 to #200 as the recruiting rankings would have had you believe. I'm intrigued by Jordan's ability to shoot the ball but would also like to see what a more athletic PG could do in Fran's system. Honestly though, I don't think Winston is really that athletic from the little I've seen of him.

One of the main arguments I had with you in the preseason was that many of these 4* PGs aren't can't miss program changing recruits as you had yourself believing. I believe that Dean's list has pretty much proved that to be true.

247 is composite so I think it's the best out there. You said only top 10 players matter and Drew has only had 3 top 10 players in his 14 seasons at Baylor and still has gotten them to 2 Elite 8's and a Sweet 16

Actually I said only about 10 kids a year are guaranteed to be successful. I never said they were the only good players out there. Your talking in circles. Why won't you budge. Bohannon is a nice little player that we got without much of a fight. Why won't you just be happy about what we have. I too wish for more, but not in subtraction of the commodities we already have.

Right now I'd lean Winston, but it's honestly much closer than the #34 to #200 as the recruiting rankings would have had you believe. I'm intrigued by Jordan's ability to shoot the ball but would also like to see what a more athletic PG could do in Fran's system. Honestly though, I don't think Winston is really that athletic from the little I've seen of him.

One of the main arguments I had with you in the preseason was that many of these 4* PGs aren't can't miss program changing recruits as you had yourself believing. I believe that Dean's list has pretty much proved that to be true.

I've actually been pretty impressed with what I've seen from Winston, seems to be a plus defender and has some real toughness to him. I disagree he's not that athletic, he looks real quick out there and I know he can dunk so he's at least got some hops. Plus he's shooting the ball this season better than Jordan while playing a much tougher schedule.

Actually I said only about 10 kids a year are guaranteed to be successful. I never said they were the only good players out there. Your talking in circles. Why won't you budge. Bohannon is a nice little player that we got without much of a fight. Why won't you just be happy about what we have. I too wish for more, but not in subtraction of the commodities we already have.

Bohannon has the 3rd worst PER this season on a bad team. I'm supposed to be happy with that? Haha some of you guys have real low standards

I've actually been pretty impressed with what I've seen from Winston, seems to be a plus defender and has some real toughness to him. I disagree he's not that athletic, he looks real quick out there and I know he can dunk so he's at least got some hops. Plus he's shooting the ball this season better than Jordan while playing a much tougher schedule.

I guess I just don't see him as the lighting quick type PG. I do love his junkyard dog mentality.

Okay, so I wanted to see where you were at with the your basketball IQ here. You do realize that if a guy like Winston attempted 3 more shots a game (to get to a level of Bohannon), his shooting %s would likely decline? (Including eFG% & true shooting). Like your not going to try and convince me that guys like Tum Nairn and Winston are better shooters than Bohannon? If so you have a long way to go to LEARN THE GAME.

Latest posts