Bohannon crow anyone?

This is just a dumb argument. In one corner you have someone who is way to fixated on criticizing a kid. On the other hand you have a sometimes bully (not as bad as he used to be).

JB was listed as a 4 star on some ratings services. 3 on others. He was recruited by only 2 power schools, lets be serious unless you want to consider Xavier and Creighton.

4 star at PT guard almost always includes speed. The kid doesn't have speed or height. What is has is moxy for a freshman. He will never be taller nor will he be fast. To win a NC you'd better have a lightning quick PG or a host of other help. He will have some help as he and others develop. He will not have a platter full of help.

I've spent years watching high level high school basketball. AAU doesn't measure defense and team play. I've seen up close and personal a number of Big Ten starters from jr high and on. JB has as much moxy as anyone. He doesn't not have the speed that normally goes with a 4 star or a 3 star for that matter at PT Guard. He did not play against high competition in high school, nor did he get in as many games as other states. He is still learning, but again, the speed will never change.

He is Iowa's point guard. He will probably be Iowa's Pt Guard for 3 more years barring a stellar recruit that FM hasn't been able to land. This in on FM to put a kid like this into this mix. JB with his moxy is taking advantage of it. I doubt he would be starting at Wisky for the 1st 2 years and likely would have red shirted. I doubt he would have been the main pt guard ever, but likely would have been a starter or 6th man by his jr year.

This is just a dumb argument. Dean you are not the white knight doing justice. You just like to argue and 56 isn't bullied. 56 needs a life away from JB.

Now if you want argue, argue about FM. That is fair game...and yes I wish he wasn't Iowa's coach and I think he will end his run at Iowa in flames some way or another, likely like Woody Hays.

Gold you are one of the bigger condescending pricks on the site. You are now claiming Anyone who disagrees with your over the top accusations of KF they are somehow a "bully"??? Haha, that is rich that you can make baseless accusations of coaches, but somehow you are above questioning? Now that is funny. You think it's ok to follow me around the take shots at me all the time. I have continually tried to just avoid you, but from here on out I'll respond in kind to all the shots you take at me.

And back to the whole "bullying" thing, stop being a baby. There isn't a poster on here that takes more shit from posters like you, Homer, TK, Okie, Player, and many others. I don't cry about it, I state my opinions and you can agree with them or not.

I realize I can get pretty defensive when I'm getting attacked and I should let more things go. I think some people on here have talked themselves into believing Jordan has been good this year just so they can argue with me though

You said you would be "thrilled" if Jordan could come close to Mike's offensive numbers. Are you actually going to try to claim Jordan "isn't close" to Mike's numbers????

You said you would be "thrilled" if Jordan could come close to Mike's offensive numbers. Are you actually going to try to claim Jordan "isn't close" to Mike's numbers????

Bohannon's PER is 11.2 right now, Mike's PER last year was 15.3 and he never had a PER as close to as bad as Jordan does now. If I implied or said I was just talking about offense that was my mistake but I also didn't expect Bohannon to be this bad defensively and I didn't expect him to shoot over 8 times a game at 34% from the floor

Bohannon's PER is 11.2 right now, Mike's PER last year was 15.3 and he never had a PER as close to as bad as Jordan does now. If I implied or said I was just talking about offense that was my mistake but I also didn't expect Bohannon to be this bad defensively and I didn't expect him to shoot over 8 times a game at 34% from the floor

You said if Jordan could some "close to" Mike's offensive numbers you would be thrilled. PER is not an offensive stat. He is exceeding Mike or close to him in the overwhelming number of offensive stats.

You said if Jordan could some "close to" Mike's offensive numbers you would be thrilled. PER is not an offensive stat. He is exceeding Mike or close to him in the overwhelming number of offensive stats.

And I said I was wrong for saying that. You just said you think Jordan is playing pretty darn good and he's got the third worst PER on a bad team so let's not act like you haven't been wrong too

And I said I was wrong for saying that. You just said you think Jordan is playing pretty darn good and he's got the third worst PER on a bad team so let's not act like you haven't been wrong too

Why was Mike a good and efficient scorer and Jordan isn't?

Why was Mike a good and efficient scorer and Jordan isn't?

Mike wasn't at all. I don't know why I said that.

Why did you say Jordan was playing pretty darn good this year when he has the third worst PER on the team? Since you will say that's a made up stat he has the fourth worst offensive rating on the team which is even inflated by those unimpressive assists and is a liability on defense. That is pretty darn good?

cxf12s34.jpg

:cool:

Mike wasn't at all. I don't know why I said that.

Why did you say Jordan was playing pretty darn good this year when he has the third worst PER on the team? Since you will say that's a made up stat he has the fourth worst offensive rating on the team which is even inflated by those unimpressive assists and is a liability on defense. That is pretty darn good?

Because over that last 7 games he has been playing pretty well. When you compare him lately to the better PG recruits last year (the 4* PG to be exact), his offensive number compare well. Even when you factor in made up defensive stats, Jordan's PER over that time frame is better than lots of 4* PG.

Because over that last 7 games he has been playing pretty well. When you compare him lately to the better PG recruits last year (the 4* PG to be exact), his offensive number compare well. Even when you factor in made up defensive stats, Jordan's PER over that time frame is better than lots of 4* PG.

He hasn't been playing well though at all actually. Not sure where you're getting that. Having a better PER than freshman PG's that hardly play doesn't mean he's playing well

He hasn't been playing well though at all actually. Not sure where you're getting that. Having a better PER than freshman PG's that hardly play doesn't mean he's playing well

Wow, I didn't realize that Charlie Moore (13 PER), Cassius Winston (11.7 PER), Merkell Johnson (9.3 PER), Tony Carr (9.2 PER), Myles Powell (7.9 PER) and Jaylen Fisher (7.2 PER) were hardly playing in conference play.

There are only 6 4* PG currently that have a better PER than Jordan does in conference play. THat is pretty impressive I think. I guess you are just more impressed with Charlie's 13 PER than Jordan's 13.6 PER??? Considering I think PER is a made up stat, since you can't measure defense with by logging block shots and rebounds (especially for PG), maybe I just don't get how to read the PER stat. Maybe having a higher PER and a lower PER is good, and having a 13.6 PER is bad????

Wow, I didn't realize that Charlie Moore (13 PER), Cassius Winston (11.7 PER), Merkell Johnson (9.3 PER), Tony Carr (9.2 PER), Myles Powell (7.9 PER) and Jaylen Fisher (7.2 PER) were hardly playing in conference play.

There are only 6 4* PG currently that have a better PER than Jordan does in conference play. THat is pretty impressive I think. I guess you are just more impressed with Charlie's 13 PER than Jordan's 13.6 PER??? Considering I think PER is a made up stat, since you can't measure defense with by logging block shots and rebounds (especially for PG), maybe I just don't get how to read the PER stat. Maybe having a higher PER and a lower PER is good, and having a 13.6 PER is bad????

His conference PER is 13.5, that is not playing well. It's actually 5th worst on a team that has a losing conference record.

His conference PER is 13.5, that is not playing well. It's actually 5th worst on a team that has a losing conference record.

Ouch, that PG from Cal must really suck then. He is on a good team, and his PER is lower than Jordans.....that is a very bad player then.

Ouch, that PG from Cal must really suck then. He is on a good team, and his PER is lower than Jordans.....that is a very bad player then.

I doubt there are Cal fans saying he's playing pretty well in conference play. The only reason you think he is playing well when it's obvious he's not is because you just want to argue with me

I doubt there are Cal fans saying he's playing pretty well in conference play. The only reason you think he is playing well when it's obvious he's not is because you just want to argue with me

No, the only person who just want to argue is you. When you state before the year that you would be THRILLED if Jordan could COME CLOSE to matching Mike's offensive numbers and then are not thrilled, that shows who is arguing. I as a matter of fact agreed with you that if Jordan could actually beat out a So in front of him and then produce numbers like Mike (8 PPG, 4.2 APG, .443 eFG%) then I would be Thrilled.

The difference between you and me is you are a lying trolI, and I actually believe what I post. For Jordan to be doing what he is in conference play as a Fr. HAS ME THRILLED, like you said it would. Does it mean he is the best player on Iowa? No, and neither was Mike. Does it mean he doesn't make Fr. mistake? No of course not, Nearly all Fr. struggle.

No, the only person who just want to argue is you. When you state before the year that you would be THRILLED if Jordan could COME CLOSE to matching Mike's offensive numbers and then are not thrilled, that shows who is arguing. I as a matter of fact agreed with you that if Jordan could actually beat out a So in front of him and then produce numbers like Mike (8 PPG, 4.2 APG, .443 eFG%) then I would be Thrilled.

The difference between you and me is you are a lying trolI, and I actually believe what I post. For Jordan to be doing what he is in conference play as a Fr. HAS ME THRILLED, like you said it would. Does it mean he is the best player on Iowa? No, and neither was Mike. Does it mean he doesn't make Fr. mistake? No of course not, Nearly all Fr. struggle.

You're thrilled he's playing like one of the worst players on a bad team? You set the bar pretty high!

You're thrilled he's playing like one of the worst players on a bad team? You set the bar pretty high!

You claimed you would be trilled too.....you just happen to be a lying Troll, that is the only reason you aren't thrilled....that is according to your own words not mine. I didn't force you make the blanket statement. I didn't make you say that a 43% 2 pt FG shooter is efficient.

Those are all your claims. Jordan Bohannon is playing better than MOST OTHER 4* PG. It is what it is.

You claimed you would be trilled too.....you just happen to be a lying Troll, that is the only reason you aren't thrilled....that is according to your own words not mine. I didn't force you make the blanket statement. I didn't make you say that a 43% 2 pt FG shooter is efficient.

Those are all your claims. Jordan Bohannon is playing better than MOST OTHER 4* PG. It is what it is.

I said I was wrong, I thought Mike was more efficient shooting than he was. Jordan isn't playing much than most other 4* PG, I don't know why you keep saying that.

I said I was wrong, I thought Mike was more efficient shooting than he was. Jordan isn't playing much than most other 4* PG, I don't know why you keep saying that.

Jordan is way better offensively than the bottom 9 4* PG. He is up with the more elite 4* PG when it comes to offensive production.

There are only (5) 4* PG who are even in Jordan's league offensively in conference play. Cowan, Peters, Harper, Howard and Pritchard. The other 9 are at least 10 or more points away from him. Jordan at 108.3 Orate, and Charlie is next at 97.7 Orate.

It isn't even close, Jordan is outproducing most 4* PG offensively in conference play.

Latest posts