Bohannon crow anyone?

I've made a lot of predictions and have been right more than I've been wrong. That's not a blind squirrel finding a nut

pump the brakes here buddy - I think it's up to the rest of us to acknowledge that kind of stuff - it's not acknowledged. If you are negative on 95% of everything on this team, you are bound to be right with some of it no?

pump the brakes here buddy - I think it's up to the rest of us to acknowledge that kind of stuff - it's not acknowledged. If you are negative on 95% of everything on this team, you are bound to be right with some of it no?

I said before the season Jok would average over 20 ppg, was super high on Cook and Pemsl and was probably higher on Baer than anyone else on here. I really questioned our PG recruiting and I thought we would struggle defensively this year. I was wrong about Moss. We're not very good this year and I was right about that, that's not me being negative 95% of the time that's me being realistic by following who we brought in to compete compared to other B1G teams

I said before the season Jok would average over 20 ppg, was super high on Cook and Pemsl and was probably higher on Baer than anyone else on here. I really questioned our PG recruiting and I thought we would struggle defensively this year. I was wrong about Moss. We're not very good this year and I was right about that, that's not me being negative 95% of the time that's me being realistic by following who we brought in to compete compared to other B1G teams

How do you feel about the future of these players? Do you think what we have right meow is how it's going to be over the next 3 or 4 seasons. You have insinuated at nausea that some of these players ceilings aren't very high and Fran shouldn't be going through any kind of rebuild in year 7 of his tenure. And you were right on those things? EVERYONE agreed with you on Jok - most people thought he might lead the country in scoring, Cook, Pemsl - who hasn't been high on those 2 since day 1- Baer is probably our most popular player as far as fan support and nearly everyone thought we would struggle defensively with a team littered with Freshman. You've been right about dick, and 95% of your posting are negatives and it's the reason there's even a discussion here.

How do you feel about the future of these players? Do you think what we have right meow is how it's going to be over the next 3 or 4 seasons. You have insinuated at nausea that some of these players ceilings aren't very high and Fran shouldn't be going through any kind of rebuild in year 7 of his tenure. And you were right on those things? EVERYONE agreed with you on Jok - most people thought he might lead the country in scoring, Cook, Pemsl - who hasn't been high on those 2 since day 1- Baer is probably our most popular player as far as fan support and nearly everyone thought we would struggle defensively with a team littered with Freshman. You've been right about dick, and 95% of your posting are negatives and it's the reason there's even a discussion here.

If we're talking about the future I think Cook, Pemsl and Moss have high ceilings. Bohannon and Connor are limited athletically which will limit what they can do so I'm not super high on their ceilings. I think Garza will come in and be a factor right away, not sure how high his ceiling is but he has great size and appears to be a very solid defender. Not sure what to think on Nunge but Weiskamp is going to be a stud. I'd be surprised if he played 4 years at Iowa

Also not many people talked about defensive struggles this year. If anything all I heard was how good CW was going to be defensively because of his length

Most predictions I read going into the season was that this team was going to struggle because of youth - but would show flashes and had the potential to make the tourney if some balls bounced their way. There were a few that were more optimistic (i predicted bubble but probably the wrong side but still could make it if things went better than expected) but overwhelmingly that was mood around here. The things you've been "right" on were almost all consensus feelings around here. Also - people are pretty optimistic about the programs future even with this slow start, I get the feeling you are not.

Also not many people talked about defensive struggles this year. If anything all I heard was how good CW was going to be defensively because of his length

Maybe people didn't talk about it because it was obvious to pretty much everyone? Did you ever think about that?

I think the majority of people who discussed the upcoming basketball season prior to it starting mainly talked about it being exciting just to be able to watch the young players develop. Everyone knew there was going to be defensive struggles when the best returning player was Jok, they lost Woody and Uthoff, and the team is relying on so many freshman. Isn't that really obvious!?

The only thing you've apparently been correct about is CW struggling. You've been wrong about other things including Moss and Bohannon so stop acting like you are some know it all.

And yes you are wrong about Bohannon. You can tell yourself you aren't as much as you damn well please, but you are wrong and you have been wrong. Everyone else on here agrees that you are wrong.

Maybe people didn't talk about it because it was obvious to pretty much everyone? Did you ever think about that?

I think the majority of people who discussed the upcoming basketball season prior to it starting mainly talked about it being exciting just to be able to watch the young players develop. Everyone knew there was going to be defensive struggles when the best returning player was Jok, they lost Woody and Uthoff, and the team is relying on so many freshman. Isn't that really obvious!?

The only thing you've apparently been correct about is CW struggling. You've been wrong about other things including Moss and Bohannon so stop acting like you are some know it all.

And yes you are wrong about Bohannon. You can tell yourself you aren't as much as you damn well please, but you are wrong and you have been wrong. Everyone else on here agrees that you are wrong.

Bohannon has the 3rd worst PER on the team. I have not been wrong about him yet but hopefully I am. He was the reason we won Sunday but was pretty bad against Purdue so I think we will see a lot of ups and downs with him

You were wrong on Jbo - clearly - and again - it's not up to you to decide if you were some sort of prognosticator of things to come - that's up to the rest of the board. If you were right on a lot of things - you would get your due. Williams hasn't played well this season, you saw that coming, I also don't see it as a death sentence for his career at Iowa. He still has a lot of time to grow, mature and contribute if he stays at Iowa.

Bohannon has the 3rd worst PER on the team. I have not been wrong about him yet but hopefully I am. He was the reason we won Sunday but was pretty bad against Purdue so I think we will see a lot of ups and downs with him

Lol there you go again referencing PER. You keep referencing PER while the real world is listening to guys like Jon Beilein talk about how well he is playing for a true freshman. You're proving my point every time you post. You have no room to be calling someone else dumb for something they said.

Lol there you go again referencing PER. You keep referencing PER while the real world is listening to guys like Jon Beilein talk about how well he is playing for a true freshman. You're proving my point every time you post. You have no room to be calling someone else dumb for something they said.

Ignoring PER is like putting your head in the sand. There's a reason it's so widely used in the NBA. If you followed the NBA you would realize PER is very accurate

1. Russell Westbrook • OKC 30.1
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo • MIL 28.8
3. James Harden • HOU 28.3
4. DeMarcus Cousins • SAC 27.7
5. Anthony Davis • NOP 27.6
6. Kevin Durant • GSW 27.4
7. Chris Paul • LAC 27.1
8. Kawhi Leonard • SAS 26.9
9. Isaiah Thomas • BOS 26.7
10. Jimmy Butler • CHI 26.5
11. LeBron James • CLE 26.3
12. DeMar DeRozan • TOR 24.8
13. Kevin Love • CLE 24.7
14. Damian Lillard • POR 24.5
15. Kyle Lowry • TOR 24.2
16. John Wall • WAS 24.0
17. Enes Kanter • OKC 23.7
18. Nikola Jokic • DEN 23.4
19. Stephen Curry • GSW 23.4
20. Kemba Walker • CHO 23.2

Ignoring PER is like putting your head in the sand. There's a reason it's so widely used in the NBA. If you followed the NBA you would realize PER is very accurate

1. Russell Westbrook • OKC 30.1
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo • MIL 28.8
3. James Harden • HOU 28.3
4. DeMarcus Cousins • SAC 27.7
5. Anthony Davis • NOP 27.6
6. Kevin Durant • GSW 27.4
7. Chris Paul • LAC 27.1
8. Kawhi Leonard • SAS 26.9
9. Isaiah Thomas • BOS 26.7
10. Jimmy Butler • CHI 26.5
11. LeBron James • CLE 26.3
12. DeMar DeRozan • TOR 24.8
13. Kevin Love • CLE 24.7
14. Damian Lillard • POR 24.5
15. Kyle Lowry • TOR 24.2
16. John Wall • WAS 24.0
17. Enes Kanter • OKC 23.7
18. Nikola Jokic • DEN 23.4
19. Stephen Curry • GSW 23.4
20. Kemba Walker • CHO 23.2

I didn't say it has no value. I'm saying you are close minded, and you're refusing to listen to people who are experts in the basketball world talking about Bohannon's play.

And I hate the NBA. I never watch it. No desire too. It's awful in my opinion. I just can't get into it.

1. Jok averaged 19 in conference and 16 overall last year and we lost almost all the other scoring options. Bold prediction.

2. Cook has actually underachieved expectations in my mind. But that's another topic. He was a big recruit. Everyone was high on him.

3. Pemsl, maybe you were high on him. I certainly don't remember that.

4. Higher on Baer than anyone else?? Lol. Again I'd be interested to see posts but plenty of people were high on Baer.

I'm not going to got through them all but for the most part you are very negative. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and quite honestly some of your opinions aren't that far from the truth. It's just the way you argue them that annoys mostly everyone.

I didn't say it has no value. I'm saying you are close minded, and you're refusing to listen to people who are experts int he basketball world talking about Bohannon's play.

What experts are talking about Bohannon's play? Beilein's comments were over the top, I could list multiple freshman PG's that are outplaying Bohannon without even having to think about it and even you would admit to that

1. Jok averaged 19 in conference and 16 overall last year and we lost almost all the other scoring options. Bold prediction.

2. Cook has actually underachieved expectations in my mind. But that's another topic. He was a big recruit. Everyone was high on him.

3. Pemsl, maybe you were high on him. I certainly don't remember that.

4. Higher on Baer than anyone else?? Lol. Again I'd be interested to see posts but plenty of people were high on Baer.

I'm not going to got through them all but for the most part you are very negative. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and quite honestly some of your opinions aren't that far from the truth. It's just the way you argue them that annoys mostly everyone.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and quite honestly some of your opinions aren't that far from the truth. It's just the way you argue them that annoys mostly everyone

I understand that I can come off as an A hole at times but I just don't understand how posters like PC and Tierney can just make stuff up and say CW is a big scorer and always have been so I come at them with facts. I know it comes off harsh but some people take what other posters say who seem to not understand basketball as the gospel

What experts are talking about Bohannon's play? Beilein's comments were over the top, I could list multiple freshman PG's that are outplaying Bohannon without even having to think about it and even you would admit to that

They don't shut up about him being one of the better freshman in the league every time Iowa plays... we sit around and here that all game then come check Hawkeyenation to see what 5656 says.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and quite honestly some of your opinions aren't that far from the truth. It's just the way you argue them that annoys mostly everyone

I understand that I can come off as an A hole at times but I just don't understand how posters like PC and Tierney can just make stuff up and say CW is a big scorer and always have been so I come at them with facts. I know it comes off harsh but some people take what other posters say who seem to not understand basketball as the gospel

I don't think you sound like an A hole. I think you sound more like a troll.

I don't want to speak for those guys but I believe they thought that CW would have an opportunity to score 8-12 based on sheer opportunity. If you play 30 mins scoring that much isn't really that tough to do.

Anyway the reason I get annoyed with you is because you only pick a snippet out of a post to respond to. Can you please reference posts or threads where you were high on Baer and Pemsl?

I bolded the part I wanted you to respond to.

My argument was never that he used to be a good scorer. My argument was how he could be one. I brought up a lot of good points on why there is reason for optimism for him but your blanket statement argument of "he didn't play at the beginning of last year so there is no way he will be good this year" looks like it won this time.

Latest posts