Bohanan is a Hawk

Looks to me like he can shoot. One of our big problems the last few years is consistent outside shooting no? The 3 point shot is so important in college bball anymore can't really have enough sharpshooters. I'll give him a chance, the family has produced some good ones!

Not really that bummed over the Moore recruitment falling apart. I don't think he is on the same level as Ulis so it's not a complete back breaker. Cook is the real program changer in this class and reports have us very much in good standing.

As long as you surround Jordan with players who can make up for his deficiencies (Uhl, Moss) he should be able to perform OK.

Par. Moore would have been a birdie, with a higher potential upside. However, it's very nice to get one of the Bohanans finally. This kid WILL be productive for Fran. Welcome aboard Jordan!

I think I recall a kid with the same last name, lightly recruited, went to Wisconsin, and burned Us a few times. Lots of hand ringing then, too, but for different reasons. Let's wait and see how this one pans out!

Jason was a 4 star recruit

Moore leaving Iowa out of his official visits was the first sign the coaches were heading this direction.

He looks like a Brody Boyd to me. I don't think he'll start or be the floor general. Especially early on. But having a kid that can shoot never hurts. Not sure if he can D up BIG division 1 guards or not but like I said I don't think he'll be a 30 min a game pg either...

He looks like a Brody Boyd to me. I don't think he'll start or be the floor general. Especially early on. But having a kid that can shoot never hurts. Not sure if he can D up BIG division 1 guards or not but like I said I don't think he'll be a 30 min a game pg either...

His brothers have all turned out to be solid players. Kind of like the ol' Korver clan. A bunch of boys who can all ball and shoot. For that reason alone I'm not going to complain about his commitment. He has basketball in his blood. Worst case scenario he's a shooter who comes off the bench. Best case scenario he ends up proving he has what it takes to run point in the B10. Either way he's worth giving a scholarship to even if he is a fall back.

He's one of those kids where had we not landed him he probably would have ended up at UNI and then killed us from 3 pt land down the road. That seems to be how it works so at least this way he's in the right uniform.

His brothers have all turned out to be solid players. Kind of like the ol' Korver clan. A bunch of boys who can all ball and shoot. For that reason alone I'm not going to complain about his commitment. He has basketball in his blood. Worst case scenario he's a shooter who comes off the bench. Best case scenario he ends up proving he has what it takes to run point in the B10. Either way he's worth giving a scholarship to even if he is a fall back.

He's one of those kids where had we not landed him he probably would have ended up at UNI and then killed us from 3 pt land down the road. That seems to be how it works so at least this way he's in the right uniform.
Yeah when I compared him to Brody Boyd I did it as a compliment. Having shooters on floor is huge. At the end of last year when MGs elbow hurt and passed up open 3s that hurt us a few times. I'm not bashing him by saying I don't think he'll end up a big time starter at all. The opposite is what I think. The role I think he'll have will be big and I'm sure he will make a lot of big shots for us.

That was a nice article, thanks for posting it. He could turn out to be a great player for Iowa just as White was. It's staring to appear that this is going to be the trend for Fran's recruiting. Other than Woody his recruiting appears to be one that won't catch anyone's attention and make people say "Wow, what's going on over at Iowa that's helping them get those types of recruits???" Of course star recruiting isn't the end all as we can see as the two four star recruits in our senior class have turned out to be just average B1G players at their positions at best..........well thus far. They have their senior season to prove else wise. I know some feel that Moss is Iowa's top recruit coming in. It will be interesting to see how that turns out. GO HAWKS!!!!

That was a nice article, thanks for posting it. He could turn out to be a great player for Iowa just as White was. It's staring to appear that this is going to be the trend for Fran's recruiting. Other than Woody his recruiting appears to be one that won't catch anyone's attention and make people say "Wow, what's going on over at Iowa that's helping them get those types of recruits???" Of course star recruiting isn't the end all as we can see as the two four star recruits in our senior class have turned out to be just average B1G players at their positions at best..........well thus far. They have their senior season to prove else wise. I know some feel that Moss is Iowa's top recruit coming in. It will be interesting to see how that turns out. GO HAWKS!!!!

Kid sounds like a winner.

What is our PG situation going to look like next year? I've liked what I've seen from Cristian Williams but now it looks like we are going to rely on him and J Bo II to handle the PG duties next year? Scary thought I guess but who knows. I've heard some mentioning of Moss as a PG on these threads but not entirely sure where that came from, he looks more like a slashing wing from the videos I saw. I think Fleming could potentially play some PG as he plays under control and is a decent passer but I certainly don't think PG is his best position. Thoughts?

Was he one of Iowa's top three PG targets? Probly not. Did Iowa take a run at some higher profile guys? Yes. Can Jordan be successful at Iowa? Yes.

I like how Fran is transforming this program...this program is fully of shooters now, and in years to come...and forwards with ball skills...that can run.

Iowa hasn't won the regular season Big Ten title since the late 1970's. That streak is probably gonna continue a few more years. But I like what I am seeing, and I think it will be an entertaining brand of ball. And if Moss and Williams can evolve into slashers, with the space a shooting team can create on the floor, that will be great.

This program has been short on outside shooting for so long I think people forget what good shooting teams look like and how fun they can be.

The sport is trending towards this.

Latest posts