Bohanan is a Hawk

Interesting - the same people applauding our back to back NCAA tourney qualifying Big 10 school offering a no star 5'11, 170lb Iowa boy, are the ones who said they were glad we didn't offer no star, 6'1, 180lb Iowa boy Wyatt Lohaus because he was a mid major talent who didn't belong at a Big 10 school.

Meanwhile, UNI already picked up a point guard this year higher rated than Bohanan, a kid named Juwan McCloud. I, for one, am rooting for Bohanan to succeed. But dear lord, the rest of the Big 10 (and Iowa State) seem to pick up at least one 4 star blue chipper every year or two. Why can't fran? Why are we offering fall back recruits so early in the game? The 2015 kids haven't even seen the court yet, and we are filling our 2016 class with kids that would commit to Iowa 6 months from now if we offered.

How are you so sure that Fran didn't offer him because he really liked what he saw?

Interesting - the same people applauding our back to back NCAA tourney qualifying Big 10 school offering a no star 5'11, 170lb Iowa boy, are the ones who said they were glad we didn't offer no star, 6'1, 180lb Iowa boy Wyatt Lohaus because he was a mid major talent who didn't belong at a Big 10 school.

Meanwhile, UNI already picked up a point guard this year higher rated than Bohanan, a kid named Juwan McCloud. I, for one, am rooting for Bohanan to succeed. But dear lord, the rest of the Big 10 (and Iowa State) seem to pick up at least one 4 star blue chipper every year or two. Why can't fran? Why are we offering fall back recruits so early in the game? The 2015 kids haven't even seen the court yet, and we are filling our 2016 class with kids that would commit to Iowa 6 months from now if we offered.

The only plausible answer is this is why you're an anonymous message board poster who whines and b*tches about pretty much everything and likely wakes up in the morning hoping for reasons to be disappointed and Fran is a million dollar D1 head coach in one of the best basketball conferences in the nation. Clearly, he has the ability to spot talent and potential where you don't.

Most people didn't reply to his first post, but he kept fishing and has now landed a few. Be strong and move on, ignore the troll.

Obviously Coach McCaffery has had dozens of opportunities to watch Bohannon play and he sees something there that will help progress the program. He's generally correct so I suggest we take a wait and see attitude.

I'm really hoping that MG can play every game like he played against N. Carolina.

That may be a little too much to ask. I think he can give you 12 and 7(assists) per night. 3 to 1, 2 to 1 turnover to assist ratio.

McCloud and Bohannon are rated the same, according to Verbal Commits.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jordan-bohannon
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/juwan-mccloud

And so far, Iowa State has no 2016 commits. Add that to their stellar 2015 point guard commit.... oh, wait - he's been kicked off the team before ever setting foot on campus.

And let's see the Big Ten 2016 commits:

Illinois - 0
Indiana - 1 (2-star SF)
Iowa - 3 (3-star PF,2-star PG & PF)
Maryland - 1 (3-star PG)
Michigan - 3 (4-star C, 2-star C & SF)
Michigan St. - 2 (4-star SG, 4-star PF)
Minnesota - 1 (3-star PF)
Nebraska - 1 (2-star SF)
Northwestern - 3 (3-star C, 2-star SF & PG)
Ohio St - 2 (3-star C, 2-star PF)
Penn St - 3 (3-star PF & PG, 2-star SF)
Purdue - 1 (2-star PG)
Rutgers - 1 (4-star SG)
Wisconsin - 0

Michigan St has the best so far, but Iowa is as good as any of the rest and better than some.

Obviously Coach McCaffery has had dozens of opportunities to watch Bohannon play and he sees something there that will help progress the program. He's generally correct so I suggest we take a wait and see attitude.

He also saw something in Pat Ingram, Kyle Meyer, and Trey Dickerson...

What this tells me is that Fran didn't think he was going to get the other PGs he'd offered. I bet Bohanan didn't let Fran finish his sentence when offering to accept it. My guess is Moore & Xavier told Fran they weren't coming flat out or there was something about them that Fran changed his mind on to offer Bohanan now like he did. I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it. I don't think Bohanan will ever up and transfer if he isn't starting in two years. Those other two if they were be unhappy at all would have had one eye looking for greener pastures more then likely. Bohanan is a safe pickup that will make big shots for us. Just because he probably won't be playing big mins throughout his career don't mean he isn't worth a scholly. He can put the ball in the basket and you can't have too may players that can shoot.

He also saw something in Pat Ingram, Kyle Meyer, and Trey Dickerson...

Meyer and Dickerson almost certainly would have contributed as upperclassmen. Dickerson maybe not until he was a senior but he probably would have started. Ingram was definitely a miss though.

Did someone just reference a "verbalcommits.com" ranking to give props to a commit that has no stars on any standard recruiting service and no offers? I applaud your creativity. I'd stick with rivals or scout like everyone else, though, if you want to have any credibility.

Meanwhile, in other news, while we outrecruited UNI for Bohanan, word is Iowa State just landed the #1 JUCO point guard in the nation, Donovan Jackson, over offers from Iowa, Illinois, Whichita State, Mississippi, etc. But then again, we didn't need a PG anyway, right?

Last edited:
Did someone just reference a "commits.com" ranking to give props to a commit that has no stars on any standard recruiting service and no offers? I applaud your creativity. I'd stick with rivals or scout like everyone else, though, if you want to have any credibility.

Meanwhile, in other news, while we outrecruited UNI for Bohanan, word is Iowa State just landed the #1 JUCO point guard in the nation, Donovan Jackson, over offers from Iowa, Illinois, Whichita State, Mississippi, etc. But then again, we didn't need a PG anyway, right?
Cool.

Why do we care?

Did someone just reference a "commits.com" ranking to give props to a commit that has no stars on any standard recruiting service and no offers? I applaud your creativity. I'd stick with rivals or scout like everyone else, though, if you want to have any credibility.

I wish Fran could ever land the #1 JUCO point guard in the nation.

McCloud and Bohannon are rated the same, according to Verbal Commits.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jordan-bohannon
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/juwan-mccloud

And so far, Iowa State has no 2016 commits. Add that to their stellar 2015 point guard commit.... oh, wait - he's been kicked off the team before ever setting foot on campus.

And let's see the Big Ten 2016 commits:

Illinois - 0
Indiana - 1 (2-star SF)
Iowa - 3 (3-star PF,2-star PG & PF)
Maryland - 1 (3-star PG)
Michigan - 3 (4-star C, 2-star C & SF)
Michigan St. - 2 (4-star SG, 4-star PF)
Minnesota - 1 (3-star PF)
Nebraska - 1 (2-star SF)
Northwestern - 3 (3-star C, 2-star SF & PG)
Ohio St - 2 (3-star C, 2-star PF)
Penn St - 3 (3-star PF & PG, 2-star SF)
Purdue - 1 (2-star PG)
Rutgers - 1 (4-star SG)
Wisconsin - 0

Michigan St has the best so far, but Iowa is as good as any of the rest and better than some.

You spoke too soon.

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...-juco-standout-donovan-jackson-commits-to-isu