Bohanan is a Hawk

Did someone just reference a "verbalcommits.com" ranking to give props to a commit that has no stars on any standard recruiting service and no offers? I applaud your creativity. I'd stick with rivals or scout like everyone else, though, if you want to have any credibility.

Meanwhile, in other news, while we outrecruited UNI for Bohanan, word is Iowa State just landed the #1 JUCO point guard in the nation, Donovan Jackson, over offers from Iowa, Illinois, Whichita State, Mississippi, etc. But then again, we didn't need a PG anyway, right?

That would be me. However, since the two players you put forth (Bohannon and McCloud) are not rated by Rivals or Scouts, I went with the ONLY service that had existing ratings. BTW, VerbalCommits lists the Rivals, Scout and ESPN ratings for each player as well. Neither player had a Rivals, Scout or ESPN rating listed on their VerbalCommits page and both were listed as 2-star prospects by VC.

And wasn't Trey Dickerson the #1 rated JUCO point guard? (Yes he was) And Jackson's offers were from Illinois, Memphis, Ole Miss, UNLV and Virginia Tech (according to 247Sports) - no Wichita St, no Iowa.

Whoever said Trey Dickerson was the number one juco point guard last year didn't follow recruiting very well. Trey went to a tiny school Juco in North Dakota, and not at all heavily recruited because he put up his numbers against competition that was worse than most Chicago high schools.

The Jackson get seems like a good pickup for ISU.

He's basically a Kriener level player which is okay.

Agreed, Kriener is about a Solomon level player. I think the big difference is Iowa is taking Kriener as a C, whereas Solomon is a PF. Also he is pretty under recruited kid out of California. That seems to me like a transfer waiting to happen if he comes in, and struggles to get playing time his Fr. year. I guess I see a big difference there, as there are a lot of good PF prospects out there, but the C position is much, much tougher to find quality guys that are 6'9 or bigger. I personally wouldn't want to recruit a Cali kid if he weren't a top 100 type player for transfer reasons. A lot tougher keeping a Cali kid in Iowa, especially if they aren't going to come in and play right away.

Hopefully Iowa can close on Cook, if they do, the class will be pretty good in my mind. Bringing in a top 150 PF in Pemsl a top 100 PF in Cook, and then a C in Kriener and PG in Bohanan.

BTW Bryce or MJ, who was Prohm's top targets at PF that he missed on? Surely this wasn't his #1 target for that position was it?

Last edited:
That would be me. However, since the two players you put forth (Bohannon and McCloud) are not rated by Rivals or Scouts, I went with the ONLY service that had existing ratings. BTW, VerbalCommits lists the Rivals, Scout and ESPN ratings for each player as well. Neither player had a Rivals, Scout or ESPN rating listed on their VerbalCommits page and both were listed as 2-star prospects by VC.

And wasn't Trey Dickerson the #1 rated JUCO point guard? (Yes he was) And Jackson's offers were from Illinois, Memphis, Ole Miss, UNLV and Virginia Tech (according to 247Sports) - no Wichita St, no Iowa.

He had an Iowa offer, but it seemed like he was never going to really even consider Iowa. I think he made some comment about not knowing anything about Iowa after he got the offer. His offer list is weird as Rivals has offers from Ill., ISU, Iowa, Miss. and Wichita St. with no mentions of Memphis, UNLV or Va Tech.

Either way, Iowa was way late to the game there, as Fran focused on Carr, Simpson, and Moore. He missed on all 3, and his best option after that was Bohannon. I'm not down on Bohannon, but lets call a spade a spade here, he got the offer cause Fran missed on his top 3 targets (all top 100 PG).

Last edited:
I'm a little confused by your tactics. From what I'm seeing, Jackson had offers from Ole Miss, Virginia Tech, Illinois, and Iowa.

I'm not surprised you're confused, you've proven that you're ******* stupid over and over on this site. I'm not talking about Jackson, click the link *******.

BTW Bryce or MJ, who was Prohm's top targets at PF that he missed on? Surely this wasn't his #1 target for that position was it?

He will likely take several PF's in this class, so I don't think he was the top prospect. ISU currently has visits scheduled for this fall from Jeriah Horne, Romello White, Eric Curry, and Emanuel Malou, will likely get a visit from Arlando Cook and Tyler Cook, and they are hoping to get a visit from Kostas Antetokounmpo who are all PF's. So basically I wouldn't characterize them missing on their top targets, with the plethora of available scholarships they are likely to take a lot of commitments as they are available. They still have 4 open and that's if nobody else leaves. 5 if Morris is indeed gone.

Agreed, Kriener is about a Solomon level player. I think the big difference is Iowa is taking Kriener as a C, whereas Solomon is a PF. Also he is pretty under recruited kid out of California. That seems to me like a transfer waiting to happen if he comes in, and struggles to get playing time his Fr. year. I guess I see a big difference there, as there are a lot of good PF prospects out there, but the C position is much, much tougher to find quality guys that are 6'9 or bigger. I personally wouldn't want to recruit a Cali kid if he weren't a top 100 type player for transfer reasons. A lot tougher keeping a Cali kid in Iowa, especially if they aren't going to come in and play right away.

Certainly possible, however Prohm has only offered 1 guy who is even the height of a center, and basically nobody who is the body type of a center, so I don't think it's a priority for him.

Also, if guys aren't good enough to play I prefer they transfer out.

He will likely take several PF's in this class, so I don't think he was the top prospect. ISU currently has visits scheduled for this fall from Jeriah Horne, Romello White, Eric Curry, and Emanuel Malou, will likely get a visit from Arlando Cook and Tyler Cook, and they are hoping to get a visit from Kostas Antetokounmpo who are all PF's. So basically I wouldn't characterize them missing on their top targets, with the plethora of available scholarships they are likely to take a lot of commitments as they are available. They still have 4 open and that's if nobody else leaves. 5 if Morris is indeed gone.

Just saw that the NCAA declared him ineligible because that last name will never fit on the back of a jersey. Maybe you can get a waiver if you just put "Antetok..."

LOL you got me, definitely in good company now that a school that's 5-31 in P12 play the last two years is in hot pursuit of the same talent.

If you discount P5 teams b/c of record, then we can throw away Bohannon's Depaul offer, leaving Iowa with 2 commitments with no P5 offers.

I'm not surprised you're confused, you've proven that you're ******* stupid over and over on this site. I'm not talking about Jackson, click the link *******.

Easy killer, I was referring to this quote of yours "That's two recruits Prohm has landed with no other power five conference offers."

So if you're not talking about Jackson, and ISU has two recruits and Jackson is one of the recruits and you bring up two recruits.....