Big Ten Media Day Running Thread...

Says he likes their strength program..says his players are lean, and don't look like him...easy going fella

JoePa likes Nebraska in the B1G...likes the fact it gives the B1G a chance to play a conference title game.

Any chance someone will ask him a worse question than the "will you die as the Penn State head coach" question he got last year?

Thoughts on OSU turmoil: "I dont know enough about it. Ohio State is a great college football program...for all the sudden there is something going on...I dont know enough about it...I dont want to start being critical of things when I am not familiar with it. I try not to read anything about it. I try to do what we are supposed to do."

Last year of your so called contract, how do you feel and future plans: "I feel great. Is this the last year of my contract? I dont even know. I dont pay attention. When I got the job, I was a 16 year assistant. The head coach retired and said I had a shot at it. The AD called me and said do you want this job. I said yeah, he said OK, its yours. He said 20k a year..never signed a contract...four years later when the patriots were fooling around with me, they said sign a contract...write it up and I will sign it. But, one thing I am uptight about in this day and age, too many who are not involved in day to day have too much say...that is trustees, media, boosters...we have coaches getting fired and that that didn't exist when I was coming up. I feel great. I really do. I am excited."

Learn to do a running chat Jon.

Do them all the time during games. This is just not something I am going to do all day, in and out of rooms, so if you have a chat and there is nothing in it for 15 minutes (and there are 15 minute breaks every three coaches), people leave and don't come back.

So for today, and this particular instance, this is how I am going to do it.

QB's in camp...

I think we will be better..whether that is good enough, I dont know. Two or three kids had good springs.

What is secret to keeping job for so long...

We don't have as many of you guys around as some other schools...I don't know...our environment at PSU may be different, as far as people that have impact on who is or who is not going to coach. we have had enough success that you can fool people that you are a better coach than you are...I don't really know. Just do the job. Some people five or six years ago ppl were sayin I should quit...if I cant get something done in the next few years then maybe I will quit...then we had some good teams

Joe is awesome. His attitude is "been there, done that", on everything. Most coaches give a long winded opening statement. He just says hi and starts taking questions, quoting Socrates, etc.

Q on taunting rules...Joe looking at the guy like he is crazy for asking this...says he isn't aware of strengthening rules. on that front.

End of Joe...15 minute break before next coaches.