Big Ten Media Day Running Thread...

Fickell: The last several months have been exciting, emotional....

And a few other words that don't really fit what the last few months have been...this is his first voyage in front of so many media, however

Part of me almost feels sorry for Fickell, because it's probably not going to be very pretty.

It will be interesting what happens with Fickell. If they win 10 games or more, do you give the guy a shot at the job? OSU is a job that sells itself...and you dont have to leave the state all that much.

I'm a strong believer that given the mess he inherited if he gets the job done and wins 10 games regardless of where he is, he should get an offer. Even in the event that there's attractive names out there, IMO he deserves the position.

question about OSU player mindset...

Has not had much contact with the players cuz much of this during summer break...says he thinks group has really come together

Says has not seen a recruiting backlash at OSU..says they focus on history and traditions...which I always say, you do that more when your present stinks

First question is recruiting....due to them getting Kiel yesterday...the guy is a good talker to be sure. Said the first job they did was to recruit current team...as for future, pleased with way it ended last year, didnt lose too many during transition...keeps talking about Indiana's resources they have committed to them...13 of 15 coaches have B1G experience.

2nd question, another question about recruiting...QB...but veered to QB this year

My thought: Pretty much with Indiana, it's all about the future...and this season probably isn't going to amount to much so they have to sell the 'opportunity'

Wilson, from afar, seems incredibly confident...not acting like he is taking over the worst football program in the Big Ten

Feels Indiana is geographically located to take advantage of recruiting...talked about NW, Iowa, Wisconsin getting it done.