Big Ten Media Day Running Thread...

Given style of play, how that fit for Nebraska

I dont know if its about style of play, we feel like we can line up against anyone in nation. We will play our way and do our thing. you have to adjust to who you are playing week to week, but we feel like our style and kind of kids we recruit can fit in any conference. Is thstyle of play different? Some ways yes and no...FB is FB...you win with basics and fundamntals no matter what league you are in.

With your defense, could it be as good as you have had as a coach?

We'll see...we have potential good group coming back...one of the best corners in nation...have depth we havent had until now...I have been around some pretty stout defenses...do we have chance to do that? Yeah, but it will be hard work. Lot of things that make you good, not just talent..its about character, leadership, chemistry and come with lunch pail each day

Given style of play, how that fit for Nebraska

I dont know if its about style of play, we feel like we can line up against anyone in nation. We will play our way and do our thing. you have to adjust to who you are playing week to week, but we feel like our style and kind of kids we recruit can fit in any conference. Is thstyle of play different? Some ways yes and no...FB is FB...you win with basics and fundamntals no matter what league you are in.

I would hardly call their offense "basic".....compared to Iowa's of course.

Why style of play different?

We are going to play teams that have different styles in Big 12...we are going to do what we do...and we will do it well. We are not going to change what we do to the conference, hopefully we make the league adapt to what we do

Biggest differences Big 12 and Big 10:

Ask me in a year. Leadership is tremendous. I playedi n this league, I respect it, I grew up in B10 country. it's an honor to be a part of this conference.

Why style of play different?

We are going to play teams that have different styles in Big 12...we are going to do what we do...and we will do it well. We are not going to change what we do to the conference, hopefully we make the league adapt to what we do

you forgot " stutter, stammer, pause"

OK folks...gotta get in better position for the KF stuff...will come back later this afternoon and post Kirk's on the side transcript...right when he gets done talking, I will head back to hotel room and transcribe and post it.

Damn its good to have football back!

Get use to it Bo. It's the same schedule every Big Ten team has played year in and year out. If you want to play with the Big Boys you got to play the Big Boys.
Not so fast my friend........

.....you can't play all 10/11 teams every year. We got OSU, Wisconsin, and PSU as our non-divisional opponents. Could have had Indiana, Illinios, and Purdue, which would have been a little easier on paper.

5+ weeks until the season starts, can't get here fast enough.

KF welcomes Nebby to the conference. Also draws attention to Iowa SID Phil Haddy. Says has been to all 40 media day events. This his last year.

Nebby addition great for conference. Very much interest for Iowa fans. When came back more Nebraska fans in western Iowa than Iowa fans. Hope that's changing.

Sometimes good players get stuck behind good players. That's the case with Vandy. Now has the opportunity to do well as starter.