Beth Mowins MNF

NFL Thursday Night Football needs to be dumped.
Everyone that plays/coaches on them wants it gone. Everyone that cashes the big checks from it wants it to stay... Guess what'll win out? Unless they can find another way of making that same $ don't count on it changing I guess

NFL Thursday Night Football needs to be dumped.

They're already adding friday night college football, do you really think thursday night football will ever be dumped? If anything they're already trying to figure out a way to add tuesday/wednesday football.

lol. ESecPN is in a death spiral. love it.

I did recently hear they are going to turn the OTL/E60 long-form journalism show into a weekly thing with a better slot (Sunday morning). When ESPN actually does investigative journalism and long-form pieces, it is typically well done.

I did recently hear they are going to turn the OTL/E60 long-form journalism show into a weekly thing with a better slot (Sunday morning). When ESPN actually does investigative journalism and long-form pieces, it is typically well done.

OTL is usually really good. 30 for 30 is very well done as well for the most part.

On the opening night of the NFL there's a doubleheader on MNF. Isn't she and Rexy just doing the second game and Chucky and the other guy are still the regular MNF broadcast team?

And I don't think she's that bad. The hate for her is over the top btw.

On the opening night of the NFL there's a doubleheader on MNF. Isn't she and Rexy just doing the second game and Chucky and the other guy are still the regular MNF broadcast team?

And I don't think she's that bad. The hate for her is over the top btw.

Yeah last year it was Chris Berman and Steve Young broadcasting it.

This board is creepy obsessed with Beth Mowins. Look no further than the screenshot below. Jon and Steve could do a 1 hour beth mowins podcast and probably get all time high ratings.

WG1p52p.png

I don't get the hate for Mowins. I think she is just as good as the next person she calls a pretty unbiased game. What's did she do?

I don't get the hate for Mowins. I think she is just as good as the next person she calls a pretty unbiased game. What's did she do?
Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard and she has no understanding of the strategy and nuances of football. Her most famous quote, and I believe it was during an Iowa game is this: "Well it's 3rd down and it looks like they are going to go for it."

She wouldn't have her job if she weren't female. There. I said it.

Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard and she has no understanding of the strategy and nuances of football. Her most famous quote, and I believe it was during an Iowa game is this: "Well it's 3rd down and it looks like they are going to go for it."

Feel better?

I've heard male broadcasters mess up in similar ways before. It happens.

Reactions: trj
I'm shocked people care this much. Aren't we just talking about 1 game when they have the DH the opening week?

She's not going to be the regular for MNF is she? Of course, even if she was I'm not sure I would care as I rarely watch MNF. I quit playing fantasy football and it's actually been nice because I don't feel like I need to watch every game or the point totals closely so I have more free time back and I'm losing less $$.

Reactions: trj

Harry Caray was a drunk, couldn't pronounce anyone's name if it had more than 2 syllables, informed people what a players name would be if it was spelled backwards, and was quite possibly brain damaged. His voice was always slurred, his singing of the 7th inning stretch was worse than nails on a chalkboard....yet he still held a broadcasting job for his entire career and is beloved by cubs fans everywhere.

You don't like her because she's a female. There. I said it.

I've seen this before...where a company tries so hard to make something better, they make the absolute worst choice possible. There are very few announcers I just have a hard time listening to...she is one. It's not a female thing at all. She abrasive sounding...like fingernails on a chalkboard. I can't explain it.

Harry Caray was a drunk, couldn't pronounce anyone's name if it had more than 2 syllables, informed people what a players name would be if it was spelled backwards, and was quite possibly brain damaged. His voice was always slurred, his singing of the 7th inning stretch was worse than nails on a chalkboard....yet he still held a broadcasting job for his entire career and is beloved by cubs fans everywhere.

Al10.gif

You forgot that I'm also a homophobe and a racist.

Nope, you're wrong. I think Phyllis George was great at her job. I also like Pam Oliver, Charissa Thompson, Lisa Salters, Sam Ponder, Melissa Stark........
Beth Mowins is awful.

Latest posts