Best offensive player of KF Era?

i think you are right on with those three, Greene was very tough almost man playing with boys at time, banks had one heck of a senior year, mcnutt is again a man playing with boys. I'd probably say banks considering he was AP player of the year and heisman runner up. BUT...he had a heck of a team he was playing behind.

I think you have to look more at the impact a player makes, and less at the raw talent. Thats why I think Shonn Greene is the best offensive player of the KF era

if you go impact wise i think its banks then. led his team to the orange bowl against usc, national player of year, heisman runner up...

this conversation begins and ends with shonn greene. i firmly believe that if he was on the team in 09 that we win a national title

he was good wasnt he. so sturdy, such low center of gravity, he could take your hit and he was still in complete balance, nowhere to tackle him when he was down low

the story i like about greene is when he was out for that year, when the players were asked about who they would have for running back the next year, reportedly they all said, not to worry, shonn's coming back. So they players all knew how good he was... i think that's pretty cool

i still remember being at the game where banks had that quarterback scramble against purdont for like 65 yards, great memory

I think you have to look more at the impact a player makes, and less at the raw talent. Thats why I think Shonn Greene is the best offensive player of the KF era

If that's the case, then it makes it easier to argue for McNutt. Banks and Greene both played just one season. They obviously had big impacts in those seasons, but they were one-year wonders.

Plus, McNutt is doing this in an offense that isn't generally friendly to WR's. Imagine if he were playing for Okie State? To put up the kind of numbers he has, while in KF's system, is nothing short of remarkable, especially considering that he was a quarterback up until the latter part of his freshman season.

Gallery and Kaeding are both great options. Banks and Greene both had one season where they did something at Iowa. Stupid to say the best offensive player of the era was a guy who played one season. If you're talking best one year effort than okay, best offensive player of the time frame should probably have started for more than one season, just my thought I guess. I'd throw out there eric steinbach as well alongside Gallery.

Brad Banks is my favorite, but Shonn Green is a tough argument for best. Shonn comes back for his senior season and we are playing the Rose Bowl or maybe even the NC IMO.... Even though Stanzi goes down, we still beat NW without him if Shonn is toting the rock.

Special teams isn't offense

thanks for pointing out some of the finer details of the game - now I won't have to keep refering to this link to help me get thru Sundays:

NFL Beginner's Guide to Football

thankfully all the points he scored on special teams were credited to iowa's scoring totals.......kaeding single handedly won many games for Iowa. and xtra points/fieldgoals are offensive production.

and i suppose you'd say that Reggie Roby wasn't the greatest defensive player in the Fry era?

When you ask who is the best offensive player, to me it means who would you want most playing for your hawks in any given year to make a huge impact. I think Shonn Greene is that player for me. IF we were OK State and winged the ball around the whole game my answer would probably be different, but were ground and pound Iowa.

Latest posts