Best offensive player of KF Era?

Not sure how you can say Shonn Greene especially when Paki Omeara started ahead of him. So if Shonn was good, then Paki must have been an all-timer.

Im a McNutt and Banks guy myself, which is why I wear #7 jersey with an Orange Bowl patch on the shoulder to every home game.

Not saying Banks wasn't great. But go back and look at some video. He could have taken a final exam in the pocket that line created for him.

Steinbach, Nelson, Gallery, etc., were all just completely dominant.

Steinbach was just awesome that year.

For me it has to be Greene. Sure it was one season, but like someone said, he was a man among boys. We would have been in the Rose Bowl if he had come back. Maybe even undefeated.

Now those people that like to downplay Brad Banks and what he meant are kidding themselves. Who cares how long he had to throw? Joe Montana had all day too and that didn't diminish his career. Fact is that Banks extended a lot of drives with his legs that might have otherwise died. Banks had a really good supporting cast, but he was good in his own right.

For me it has to be Greene. Sure it was one season, but like someone said, he was a man among boys. We would have been in the Rose Bowl if he had come back. Maybe even undefeated.

Now those people that like to downplay Brad Banks and what he meant are kidding themselves. Who cares how long he had to throw? Joe Montana had all day too and that didn't diminish his career. Fact is that Banks extended a lot of drives with his legs that might have otherwise died. Banks had a really good supporting cast, but he was good in his own right.

Nobody is saying Banks wasn't good. But he had a lot of help, more than McNutt and especially more than Greene. Which is very relevant to a discussion like this. The more time he has to throw, the easier the throws become. Secondaries can't cover forever.

Joe Montana was good, but I don't consider him to be the best ever, either.

Cedric Everson and DJK were pretty offensive off the field. And I hear after a tough game Gallery smelled like Nixon's a$$.

But the serious answer is Greene, easily. A one-man game-changer.

I can't forget Dallas Clark but Greene and Gallery are right up there. I often wonder how 2009 would have ended up had Greene stayed. Best not to dwell on those thoughts.

Nobody is saying Banks wasn't good. But he had a lot of help, more than McNutt and especially more than Greene. Which is very relevant to a discussion like this. The more time he has to throw, the easier the throws become. Secondaries can't cover forever.

Joe Montana was good, but I don't consider him to be the best ever, either.

Every team that has had success like Iowa had that year has had more than one guy. USC was loaded and yet Palmer was the Heisman winner. Yes, they had a good team, but I think Banks' running ability sets him apart. You could say that ability to scramble around allowed his receivers to get open.

Is Ladell Betts considered the Ferentz era or the Fry era? The numbers that Betts put up with no other offensive weapons and what he meant in turning the program around are immeasurable, in my opinion.

Beat me to it. Betts put up some pretty good numbers with no supporting cast around him. Had he been on the 2002 team.....wow! Anyhoo, the obvious choices would got to Banks, Clark, Gallery, McNutt, Greene, Moeaki, Yanda, Bulaga, Nate Kaeding...but some of the unsung offensive heroes go to Ed Hinkle (most sure hands of any Hawkeye), Fred Russell, Ramon Ochoa, Albert Young, Scott Chandler, DJK, hmmmmm....sure there are a few more.

Latest posts