Bags/Cornhole

pin2win

@hagertony
Anybody looking to purchase a bags set for this upcoming summer and football season?

if you going to spend the money on the cheap scheels ones you might as well spend a little more on a real wood. charging $100 for iowa bags sets but will also do custom ones.

try to get some posted this weekend i don't have a digital but i'll get my girlfriends hopefully

I've built 2 sets and I hope to build a 3rd more portable set this summer to tailgate with this fall. The traditional sets are a load to carry.

Any tips on maker a set lighter and more portable would be appreciated. My current sets are already 3 ft instead of the standard 4 but still heavy and bulky.

I had a buddy that made an entire set out of alumunim, it was crazy light. Though you have to have some metal working skills to do it, and they just don't sound right when used.

I've built 2 sets and I hope to build a 3rd more portable set this summer to tailgate with this fall. The traditional sets are a load to carry.

Any tips on maker a set lighter and more portable would be appreciated. My current sets are already 3 ft instead of the standard 4 but still heavy and bulky.

i made this set recently for alpine valley and you can go to menards and get presanded wood that is already cut to the dimensions you need for bags its pretty slick. then go over and get 2" cedar to make the box make sure you put one down the middle as well because the plywood is thin and your bags will bounce which is no fun...if you need dimesions let me know and i'll take more pics of this set if you need help

if you have 3ft and its heavy you for sure need a new set. i'll be making hawkeye ones soon so if you need a set they are very light and i'm selling them for $100-150 depending on the design you choose

well just imagine those sets same design far as outlines and put a hawkeye logo wherever you want.

I couldn't tell from your picture, but....

I made a set similar to those a couple of years ago. One thing I did that worked pretty slick was to lay the boards(when finished) back to back and clasp them together by buying four clasps at menards that are similar to what you might see on an old school suitcase. Because I supported the middle of the boards from underneath with a 2x4 like you mentioned with the 2" cedar, when put back to back the 2x4's from each board created a little storage area for the bags without worry of them falling out of the holes. I slapped a handle on the side and have been carrying it all over the place for the past several years. They were a first generation model if you will, but I've got plans for a new set before football season with a new lighter and more durable design. Hope this made sense....

Good Luck!

how about making it look exactly like the Kinnick turf? with the same font as the endzones and all?

Or better yet, gluing actual Kinnick turf to the surface. Now that would make for an interesting game of bags, and an even more interesting adventure stealing the turf from Kinnick!

My girlfriend's dad made me an awesome custom bags set. Regulation size and weight. Even the bags themselves are authentic.

I will look for pics, but not sure I have any.

two pics of mine. I have yet to find a black tigerhawk logo to put on the gold part of the boards. Have not really looked. I have taken them to many BBQs this summer already. The one pic is my dad and a friend playing at a tailgate last year for the NW game :)mad:)

Latest posts