Bad news

ClintonIAfan

Tania Davis will miss the rest of the season with an ACL tear in her left knee. :( It’s the opposite knee as her injury last year.

Oh my! I feel so sorry for her. That's tuff going through that twice in what 10 months? Crap! That's not good. Hope Tania can stay upbeat and fight through this. Hang in there Tania! We'll miss you!

I really hope she can get a redshirt year, but it's far from a sure thing. Kathleen will need to learn her passing angles better and limit TO's.

I really hope she can get a redshirt year, but it's far from a sure thing. Kathleen will need to learn her passing angles better and limit TO's.
It might take Kathleen a couple of games to get locked in again at point guard. Lucky for us the Hawks have the next 2 games that should be fairly easy games for her to practice on. Would love to have Tania get a red shirt but I don't know the particulars on that for basketball. Just plain rotten luck. That puts us down to 10 players. Amanda and Carly are going to need to step up with some productive minutes.

On hawk talk Coach Bluder said that she played in too many games for a medical redshirt this year. However she could redshirt next year, and rehab for 2019-2020.

Just look at who posted it.

But this person also post men's threads.

His/her excuse to me before is that we should know the schedules so it should be obvious on the game threads. So ok...whatever, but now this and it's confusing as heck!

So now I want to know the excuse THIS time. Using a sports forum to make some kind of statement about gender rights is beyond stupid. I'm here to talk Iowa MEN's basketball, I'm ok with the women's discussion just let me know which ones they are.

You should know what team Tania Davis is in based on her first name. I also find it to be very disrespectful to her to complain about her threads being here. She is an important part of this team with a serious injury, and making light of her injury to show your disrespect of women’s athletics is very bad form.

One more thing, at just about time there are multiple threads in the main Hawkeye sports forums about non Iowa teams. Those threads clearly have no place there. These threads do as this is Iowa Basketball. There are 2 teams that are Iowa basketball teams. If there is to be any outrage it should be about other universities being on the main sports forums as I don’t care about those teams.

But this person also post men's threads.

His/her excuse to me before is that we should know the schedules so it should be obvious on the game threads. So ok...whatever, but now this and it's confusing as heck!

So now I want to know the excuse THIS time. Using a sports forum to make some kind of statement about gender rights is beyond stupid. I'm here to talk Iowa MEN's basketball, I'm ok with the women's discussion just let me know which ones they are.
If he starts a thread about mens basketball, the title will be something overly positive. If it's not, it's probably about the women. Especially if it's vague enough to scare you.

You should know what team Tania Davis is in based on her first name. I also find it to be very disrespectful to her to complain about her threads being here. She is an important part of this team with a serious injury, and making light of her injury to show your disrespect of women’s athletics is very bad form.

Your thread title says "bad news", does not mention Tania Davis at all.

Look, I'll advocate your own sub forum. Just be a little less confusing on your titles. I'm not asking for a lot.

The first line of the topic is displayed when you scroll over the title. If you want to complain about ambiguous titles you could complain all day. When there are titles such as “on the bright side” “coaching issue” and who is leaving” all of those titles are extremely ambiguous and give no indication of what team/player/coach is to be discussed in the topic. Utilize the scroll over feature rather than expecting everyone to provide more detailed titles.

Coach Bluder said on her show last night that she will not qualify as too many games were played this year. Feel bad for her. Battling one year is tough but knowing has to go thru again and lose another year is tough. Stay strong. She was a rock in that offense. Don't know why some players have to be snake bitten with bad luck.

Latest posts