Bad news

Let's just do ourselves a favor and ignore trolls who come on here to complain about Women's sports. No one is inconveniented by clicking on a thread about Women's sports, but they like to start trouble. So don't feed the trolls. It's really too bad for Tania and we don't need to worry about those who don't care about women's sports.

Let's just do ourselves a favor and ignore trolls who come on here to complain about Women's sports. No one is inconveniented by clicking on a thread about Women's sports, but they like to start trouble. So don't feed the trolls. It's really too bad for Tania and we don't need to worry about those who don't care about women's sports.
You are right and I should of never said anything. The Hawks are going to be in trouble if we lose another player to injury.

I can watch anything as long as I have a rooting interest. I can't flip on a soccer game and watch two random teams, but if it's the US playing another country, I'll end up screaming at my t.v. I can watch random men's basketball games where I don't care who wins but I can't do that with women's basketball. I can watch the hell out of the women's Iowa team tho.

This is me. I can't relate to any players in hockey or soccer but, as you, will watch the US if a World event or Olympics.

The first line of the topic is displayed when you scroll over the title. If you want to complain about ambiguous titles you could complain all day. When there are titles such as “on the bright side” “coaching issue” and who is leaving” all of those titles are extremely ambiguous and give no indication of what team/player/coach is to be discussed in the topic. Utilize the scroll over feature rather than expecting everyone to provide more detailed titles.

This forum is for men's basketball so unless noted it should be assumed every topic is about men's basketball. I can't believe you gotta use this to be some kind of gender rights thing. Just add SOMETHING to the title, her name or WBB, we shouldn't have to take an extra step of scrolling over the feature. I've been coming here for a long time and I didn't even know you could do that, I can't imagine how new people figure that out. There is ZERO reason to add confusion to this site by posting new threads the way you do.

Again I ask you, kindly, be more mindful of this next time. I am not trying to be a jerk about it like some others. I don't mind the women's game, I'll watch it once in a while.

Whenever Clinton starts a thread, it is most likely concerning the LadyHawks. Just like Hawkeye Baseball and LadyHawk Softball there is not enough, unfortunately, interest, to have their own forums.....

That is a damn shame about Tania. Hope she gets well soon.....

2061_h.JPG

Same goes for some nonconference men's basketball games not making it to the homepage until after the game is played.....

:cool:

I know you weren't mopkins. That wasn't meant for you. :)

I certainly hope it wasn't intended for me. I wasn't trying to be rude or disrespectful towards women's basketball, but it was a little jarring for me to come here and see "bad news" but I immediately thought it was bad news for the men's team. Not that I want to see any player on either of the team hurt I'd just like some clarity in the title.

I've been coming here since Jon started this site after he left Scout and women's basketball has always been discussed here but there was always something in the title to indicate that. There is not one good reason why it needed to be changed, it's not disrespectful towards women's basketball at all. At least 95% of the discussion on here is about men's basketball

The forum title does not contain the word men’s. So both teams have equal access to this forum. When releasing important news about the team time considerations are more important than attempting to accommodate everyone that does not know about simple website features, or for some reason have time to write multiple posts to complain about the thread rather than just taking a few seconds to back out of the thread. I for one was waiting all day for this announcement, and I was losing sleep hoping that it was different. I tuned into Hawk Talk so that I could share the news without delay. I would not want people to wait in order to list multiple disclaimers in the title.

The forum title does not contain the word men’s. So both teams have equal access to this forum. When releasing important news about the team time considerations are more important than attempting to accommodate everyone that does not know about simple website features, or for some reason have time to write multiple posts to complain about the thread rather than just taking a few seconds to back out of the thread. I for one was waiting all day for this announcement, and I was losing sleep hoping that it was different. I tuned into Hawk Talk so that I could share the news without delay. I would not want people to wait in order to list multiple disclaimers in the title.

95% of the discussion here is men's basketball.

You, and others on here, want to promote women's basketball, correct? I see a few on here encouraging people to take notice of the team and go to the games. Which method do you think helps promote the game? Adding Womens Basketball or WBB to every title on the topic or maintaining what you are doing now and confusing people?

But I can see you've dug your heels in and is too stubborn to compromise. I've emailed Jon about this, hopefully you guys/gals can get your own section.

95% of the discussion here is men's basketball.

You, and others on here, want to promote women's basketball, correct? I see a few on here encouraging people to take notice of the team and go to the games. Which method do you think helps promote the game? Adding Womens Basketball or WBB to every title on the topic or maintaining what you are doing now and confusing people?

But I can see you've dug your heels in and is too stubborn to compromise. I've emailed Jon about this, hopefully you guys/gals can get your own section.
Hope you have more pull than I did last year.

Clinton: Perhaps you could start a thread with (WBB). It would solve everything. You need to realize some do not like the ladies and prefer men!:D

Latest posts