Athlon has Kurt at #7 on it's hot seat rankings for next year.

and 4-8 with no improvement for the foreseeable future isn't the abyss?

4-8 stinks and Iowa had a lot of negative energy around it building up to this 4-8. Bitter fanbase, workouts, injuries, and the Wisconsin punt. I do see improvement for the foreseeable future though. Without a killer QB, Iowa is in for a long year. Since I don't know and none of us really know the QB situation I'm now in wait and see mode.

What KF makes means absolutely nothing to me. My exceptions do not raise or lower based of salary. Tends to be a hot topic of why to get rid of a guy when it should be based off performance alone. I'm for getting rid of KF but I honestly feel KF can bring this team back up better and quicker than any new coach Iowa can hire. Then he can step down when the program is solid... this will attract better coaching candidates to the program.

I always thought Lane Kiffin had an Iowa connection from his marriage or something. If we ever wanted a young offensive mind with a great recruiting record and connections in Southern California, the Bay Area, Tennessee, and other places he could be ours in a couple of years.

[h=2]Athlon has Kurt at #7 on it's hot seat rankings for next year.[/h]
Opinions are like ********... everybody has one. BIG DEAL!

I always thought Lane Kiffin had an Iowa connection from his marriage or something. If we ever wanted a young offensive mind with a great recruiting record and connections in Southern California, the Bay Area, Tennessee, and other places he could be ours in a couple of years.

Kiffy cant win with a team full of 5 stars. Plus he is a dbag.

#hisresumeisbuiltonhisdadssuccess

That is absolutely ridiculous.
He should be much higher than that. Now coach has screwed that up also.

Fans can remain as loyal as they want but if you pay a coach that kind of coin you should expect them to produce. Kirk is set to make 2.some-odd-miliion dollars this season. His entire assistant coaching payroll is 2.1m. Its insane ONLY Saben, stoops, mac brown, les miles and meyer make more than KF. And they have all won nat. Titles. Hell they've lost more nat. Titles than KF has even won conf. Titles. Some ppl need a reality check.....

You better start checking some of the coaching salaries that are being paid out there...what you have talked about above is old news...part of the reason coaches negotiate long term, high value contracts is that the playing field that is coaching salaries/contracts changes so rapidly that you can suddenly be on the lower end.

Yeah, this guy would be a great hire...if you want to end up on probation down the road.

You better start checking some of the coaching salaries that are being paid out there...what you have talked about above is old news...part of the reason coaches negotiate long term, high value contracts is that the playing field that is coaching salaries/contracts changes so rapidly that you can suddenly be on the lower end.
What kind of crack are you smoking? Kirk is still firmly in the Top 10 in the nation in salary.

A Mod with a sack would have cut it off with the title. The "Kurt" and "Ferrets" crap gets old. Surprised you allow it (or maybe not, considering who is "allowed" and who isn't)

I'm a hawkeye loyalist to the end, and I'll be at the games this year supporting the team and head coach. However, this is a sports opinion forum, and people can complain about a highly paid public figure that has made some odd coaching decisions and performed miserably last year.

Sports fans are just like this...everyone hates to lose. You can expect negativity and even bitterness...at least our fans still have passion. Apathy is worse.

If you moderate (censor) the negativity, you end up with apathy (and low site traffic, perhaps).

Let people have their opinions, even if they are negative. I just donated, and will buy season tickets again this year, even though I was pretty disgusted the last few years. Message boards are just message boards.

I hope KURT does well this year.

What kind of crack are you smoking? Kirk is still firmly in the Top 10 in the nation in salary.

Don't smoke, tyler. Take a look at what coaches are getting paid when the new hires are made for 2013 and beyond. You may be surprised.

Don't smoke, tyler. Take a look at what coaches are getting paid when the new hires are made for 2013 and beyond. You may be surprised.
What the F are you trying to say? That a whole bunch of brand new coaches are going to get hired next offseason at $4mil+ a year? You are a complete and total idiot.

@doclee
Went back and looked those numbers were from last season.... my bad, but im sure they aren't too far off for this year

I don't think he would survive another 4-8 season. I know about his contract, but people forget how fickle fans are.

E.g. I don't think Barta had any intention of firing Lickliter until a few days before it happened.

Nor should he survive another 4-5 win season.