Athlon has Kurt at #7 on it's hot seat rankings for next year.

Did you read it. The first line is "Ferents is in no danger of being fired". Kinda hard to argue he's on the list.

Kirk is a one man poison pill. We fire him and our program is boned for the next decade.

I don't think he would survive another 4-8 season. I know about his contract, but people forget how fickle fans are.

E.g. I don't think Barta had any intention of firing Lickliter until a few days before it happened.

You can't be on the hot seat if there is no fear whatsoever in getting fired. The fans might get upset if we have another crappy season but there is no way Kirk goes anywhere.

This article is absurd most fans are more loyal to our 2 two time coach of the year than they think. Iowa will be Big 10 champs and major bowl winners shortly and these bums will have to eat their words.

I'm surprised there are 6 guys ahead of him. Of course everyone knows he's unfireable including Kurt.

There is no greener pasture. Fire Kirk and Iowa goes far into the abyss of college football for a long, long time. Kirk know this too.

I'm surprised there are 6 guys ahead of him. Of course everyone knows he's unfireable including Kurt.

This is the truth if it wasn't for the contract have top 3 probably number 1. Only if one of those pro teams would have taken him when people thought he could coach. Oh well what could have been.

There is no greener pasture. Fire Kirk and Iowa goes far into the abyss of college football for a long, long time. Kirk know this too.

Where would you consider the program now ? You are all just lying to your self if you don't think just about any coach could do as good or a better job for a small fraction of the price. KF is one of if not the worst coach in the conference with almost zero light. Get rid of the old boy higher a cheap flyer and lets see what happens.

I don't think he would survive another 4-8 season. I know about his contract, but people forget how fickle fans are.

E.g. I don't think Barta had any intention of firing Lickliter until a few days before it happened.

1. He's survive another 4-8 season. The Iowa fans are not "up in arms" that ferentz is still coach. A lot of other fan bases wouldn't stand for it. But since Iowans are primarily catholics/lutherns/methodists and pagans, he's not in danger :D. It would take the world coming to an end for this state to take a stand on anything, and even then I doubt it.

2. You are right. Barta gave a pro-lick press conference or interview (can't remember) a week before he was fired. I believe that one or more big boosters stepped in and threatened no more giving if lick stays.

FreedComanche

Fans can remain as loyal as they want but if you pay a coach that kind of coin you should expect them to produce. Kirk is set to make 2.some-odd-miliion dollars this season. His entire assistant coaching payroll is 2.1m. Its insane ONLY Saben, stoops, mac brown, les miles and meyer make more than KF. And they have all won nat. Titles. Hell they've lost more nat. Titles than KF has even won conf. Titles. Some ppl need a reality check.....

Latest posts