Arizona/Nebraska

As hard as it is to make Nebraska's offense look great, I have to take my hat off to the Arizona defense...keep up the good work well into next season Wildcats!

The last 7 games of the year (or so) Nebraska played some very un-Big 12-like football. They did enough on offense while playing suffocating defense. Interestingly enough, to me it seemed like they were playing their own version of Iowa football, and doing it pretty well.

I seriously feel sorry for any and all of you that work or live with Husker fans. Those folks will be talking their usual crap for the next 8 months about being back and NCs and a return to the glory days. While it was a nice performance it needs to be kept in perspective - it was one game and it was a poor bowl game performance by a Wildcat team, that while improving, is not a polished football power by any means. Anyway I can't wait to see what the Huskers do next year but at least I can do that without listening to the delusional babble that some of you, unfortunately, have to endure.

I seriously feel sorry for any and all of you that work or live with Husker fans. Those folks will be talking their usual crap for the next 8 months about being back and NCs and a return to the glory days. While it was a nice performance it needs to be kept in perspective - it was one game and it was a poor bowl game performance by a Wildcat team, that while improving, is not a polished football power by any means. Anyway I can't wait to see what the Huskers do next year but at least I can do that without listening to the delusional babble that some of you, unfortunately, have to endure.

There is a reason I am "home sick" today. Just don't want to ruin the day dealing with it.

The last 7 games of the year (or so) Nebraska played some very un-Big 12-like football. They did enough on offense while playing suffocating defense. Interestingly enough, to me it seemed like they were playing their own version of Iowa football, and doing it pretty well.

Very un-big-12 like football? The Big 12 had some solid defenses this year

Total Defense
Texas 3rd
Oklahoma 7th (when healthy the best defense in the country)
Nebraska 9th

I thought Nebby played a heck of a game - I was exepcting a letdown after the Big12 title game and the way it ended. That was a gut-wrencher (and I can not stand Nebby!).

This was their most complete game of the season, IMO.

I thought Nebby played a heck of a game - I was exepcting a letdown after the Big12 title game and the way it ended. That was a gut-wrencher (and I can not stand Nebby!).

This was their most complete game of the season, IMO.

I agree. Expected them to win but not 33-0. They had a very good year but a lot of what if's. 3 losses by 4 points total my co worker just told me! Ouch

Very un-big-12 like football? The Big 12 had some solid defenses this year

Total Defense
Texas 3rd
Oklahoma 7th (when healthy the best defense in the country)
Nebraska 9th

Historically...UT and OU are almost always going to be there because of the athletes they are able to bring in. Nebraska was ranked in the 100's in total defense just a couple years ago...

Whether it's because of teams that can put up points or defenses that can be pretty sieve-like at times, the Big 12 isn't a conference known for hard-nosed defense. I don't know how much Nebraska aided the conference last night, but at the very least they certainly helped their own cause.

All these years later and I still find myself in disbelief that Nebraska hired Bill Callahan. What a disaster that guy was.

Latest posts