Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it just shows how tone deaf and unprofessional they are.

Any idea how many hospital and care facilities there around the country trying to treat people. What percentage of the Tik Tok videos does does that represent? With as many times as you’ve posted the same Tik Tok videos, you must know.

Tik Tok videos prove there are no overworked health care professionals in the country. None of them are in danger or have died.

Carry on.
There are certainly some front line health care workers dealing with the COVID patients and I salute them. The under reported thing happening right now is that many of the health care workers who support elective surgeries, and even ERs are twirling their thumbs or being furloughed. It's hurting the rural hospitals especially. Even Mayo is losing $150 million per week right now. Mayo can survive this for awhile but some of these rural hospitals with borderline financials to begin with may end up closing if this goes on much longer.

This is an objective report from a local NBC affiliate in Colorado.

Can someone please explain to me the dancing nurses/Tik Tok pandemic... I don't think we've seen near enough in this thread. Talk about a broken record.

Inherent-Rights.jpg

Well. That is a silly sentence.

Can someone please explain to me the dancing nurses/Tik Tok pandemic... I don't think we've seen near enough in this thread. Talk about a broken record.
They have to make the videos because they're overwhelmed. It's just terrible. I feel so bad for them.

They are great, hopefully whoever is producing them will make more. I'm sure TK has evidence that these videos are made by actual nurses in overwhelmed hospitals and not made up or by nurses who work in a hospital that isn't overwhelmed or by someone just trying to make nurses look bad.

It's like people have never goofed off on the job before. lol

Brian Finley, who has worked for HN when I've been here and with me elsewhere going to back to about '04, has a pregnant wife who works at UIHC as an RN. She's been working a lot of extra hours as have quite a few of our friends that work over there the last month or so. Brian is at home working as an IT professional for UI while taking care of a three and a half year old.

That's a real story of what's going on.

We have a niece that is an ER nurse at UIHC. She says it is still slow and "they're just waiting for it to get busy."
That's a real story of what's going on. I highly doubt she would lie about this either since she also tells us we need to take this seriously.

No. You didn't say he was lying. You anonymously told about someone, who may or may not be real, to counter a story I told of a real person with a name, to downplay what some healthcare workers are facing. Just like posting, ad nauseam, Tik Tok videos of nurses as evidence that Covid is a hoax not because you're trying to show they are tone deaf. Don't be disingenuous. Your charge on this thread is crystal clear. Just own it.

There certainly are aspects of what's going on with the pandemic that should be questioned. Downplaying the role of front line workers in health care is weak and lame.

Can we get some tik toks of grocery store workers dancing? How about restaurant workers? Let's make fun of them, too.

Just saw on TV some woman interviewed who says a lot of working families only have a week or two of money left (editorial , some do not have any left after just two weeks).

Well this virus and the economy partial shutdown put a spotlight on 1) how poorly most people save money ( the old rainy day motto) 2) how stagnant to negative the real inflation adjusted income is for most households and workers has been since 1981 era and 3) that in 1985 about 5% of total wealth was in the hands of the top 1-5% of people but now it is about 25% in the hands of so few people.

And the same thing goes for businesses which didnt put money in cash reserves but instead into stock buybacks and then the stocks just went down 30%. Smart business people put some profits into cash reserves on the balance sheet rather than stock dividends, bonuses and more salary to the top executives.
People bitch all the time about how much Kirk Ferentz makes in a year - he would have to work for 4800 years to equate the gain in net worth that Jeff Bezoz has had in the last month (24 billion net gain) while many of his own employees are struggling to feed their families. Makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts