Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Fairbank, a small town of about 1000 people.

I wish you the best. Remember you and everyone else is now a potential carrier. Sad days but you must now treat your fellow man as a poison to you and your family. Good luck.

I'm hearing that some ATM machines are limiting how much money a person can take out. Anyone heard of this or experienced this first hand?

I'm more worried about my dad and my mom. They're retired from the military and they're not able to call me if anything is wrong. It sucks to be deaf!
I'm not worried because Next season, we have Luka Garza, JB, JT Commack, JBO and all the returnees to make Final 4 and bring home the Championship! We're gonna knock Tom Izzo's false teeth outta his mouth when we score 150 points on them, slimy green ugly team, from MSU.

I just watched a detailed report on Italy and it’s efforts with the virus. There was NO indication that help was being withheld from people 60 and above. The country’s citizens are still not following official lockdown rules by the government. There are large gatherings, both social and business. In short, they have not been successful on lockdown efforts due to people ignoring them, hence, more deaths. Gold, please fact check the report you referenced. Thank you.

I just watched a detailed report on Italy and it’s efforts with the virus. There was NO indication that help was being withheld from people 60 and above. The country’s citizens are still not following official lockdown rules by the government. There are large gatherings, both social and business. In short, they have not been successful on lockdown efforts due to people ignoring them, hence, more deaths. Gold, please fact check the report you referenced. Thank you.

How do you fact check in this day and age? Maybe the thing you watched is wrong or not up to date.

It was in the northern part. Looking for the source, but did find this. The article from a main source indicated respirators were not being used over 60 yo. This was in the Israeli Times.

Israeli doctor in Italy says some hospitals not fully treating COVID-19 patients over 60

An Israeli doctor in Italy says colleagues have told him that hospitals in the city of Parma are not providing extensive medical care to people over 60 years old with the coronavirus, due to a shortage of equipment.

“Over 60 there is less antibiotics and full anesthesia, under this age we help until the end and give oxygen,” Gal Peleg tells Channel 12 news.

He stresses this is not the case in all of Italy and that he personally was providing care to everyone, regardless of age.

Did find this: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/italy-elderly-coronavirus/

There is also a report to be found in the Daily Mail, which isn't that reliable. The Times of Israel is reliable but does have a political bent.

Please consider not arguing with people so much. You have good things to say, but your arguing clouds that.

In this time, news will come and go. Other sources obviously later didn't print it. A lot will get sorted down the road.

Very credible sources were saying the stock market was sound and the problems wouldn't be that bad when the senate intelligence committee was being told otherwise.

I did but knew his sister Arlene better. She worked for Oelwein schools for years.

OK, he was a very good teacher in a bad school district. Was a heck of a BB coach and had some very good players, one of which started for ASU and beat UCLA 2x in one of their championships years. This player went on to play in Europe and had a short stint with the Suns. Dale's teams had terrific games with the family that generated Jess Settle and Clay Edwards. I wasn't very old, but it was my first taste of BB. He was a funny guy who could really teach. Serious and funny at the same time. Looked just like Pope John Paul II. Don't think he ever married. Never understood why he taught at a small school far away from where he owned a house. Maybe he's still alive... Said would be 87 now. Thought he would be older than that.

How do you fact check in this day and age? Maybe the thing you watched is wrong or not up to date.
It was on CNN. Dr. Fauci was the primary guest for a two hour town hall. There was also an article on CNN earlier in the day that discussed the situation in Italy and the failure of the population to follow recommendations for limitations on contact. They had people on the ground discussing the issues in detail. That was today, Sunday. BTW...I am sure PC, that you are fully aware of legitimate fact checking resources. I guess if you don’t want to believe them, that is on you.

It was in the northern part. Looking for the source, but did find this. The article from a main source indicated respirators were not being used over 60 yo. This was in the Israeli Times.

Israeli doctor in Italy says some hospitals not fully treating COVID-19 patients over 60

An Israeli doctor in Italy says colleagues have told him that hospitals in the city of Parma are not providing extensive medical care to people over 60 years old with the coronavirus, due to a shortage of equipment.

“Over 60 there is less antibiotics and full anesthesia, under this age we help until the end and give oxygen,” Gal Peleg tells Channel 12 news.

He stresses this is not the case in all of Italy and that he personally was providing care to everyone, regardless of age.

Did find this: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/italy-elderly-coronavirus/

There is also a report to be found in the Daily Mail, which isn't that reliable. The Times of Israel is reliable but does have a political bent.

Please consider not arguing with people so much. You have good things to say, but your arguing clouds that.

In this time, news will come and go. Other sources obviously later didn't print it. A lot will get sorted down the road.

Very credible sources were saying the stock market was sound and the problems wouldn't be that bad when the senate intelligence committee was being told otherwise.

I am sorry if I was not clear. I was not arguing, just posting what I had seen and heard. That is why I asked you to fact check...just for clarity. Considered it simply a discussion with you. You went to the same resource I would probably have used, Snopes. I have no argument with their response or yours.

I am sorry if I was not clear. I was not arguing, just posting what I had seen and heard. That is why I asked you to fact check...just for clarity. Considered it simply a discussion with you. You went to the same resource I would probably have used, Snopes. I have no argument with their response or yours.

Thx... A bit stressed today. Daughter and wife still not home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts