Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The U.S. government would never lie though.
aG4yJ.gif
Oh our government lies, just not to the extent a closed, authoritarian state like China does.

Now I'm reading that loss of smell and taste could be a side effect of the Chinese virus. That Utah Jazz player who has the virus said he hasn't been able to smell or taste foods for the past 4 days.

And we'll continue to watch you and others with that mentality continue to bury their heads in the sand and continue to go about doing things as you always have. It MAY be blown out of proportion, but wouldn't it be better to make that conclusion once it's run its course and things are back to the new normal? I think I'd rather take that approach then playing it off while it's spreading and continue to see more and more cases diagnosed simply because people ignore the guidelines passed down by the professionals.

I guess my opinion is why not go along with it at this point, even if you don't buy into it. I think as a nation, in terms of both health and economic impact, we'd all be better off to take it seriously with the hopes of l getting it under control then we would arguing about whether or not it meets someone's definition of a major pandemic.

Whether or not we buy into it or not, I don't see any thing wrong with taking it seriously. IF we can come together and slow it down or find a way to stop contain it then at the end of the day its going to save lives. If it only really hammers the elderly and doesn't necessarily put me at major risk then so be. I don't see how it hurts anything to approach it with the mindset that all lives are equal. Would it be any different if somehow it only affected those individuals in great health or those that weren't elderly?

And we'll continue to watch you and others with that mentality continue to bury their heads in the sand and continue to go about doing things as you always have. It MAY be blown out of proportion, but wouldn't it be better to make that conclusion once it's run its course and things are back to the new normal? I think I'd rather take that approach then playing it off while it's spreading and continue to see more and more cases diagnosed simply because people ignore the guidelines passed down by the professionals.

I guess my opinion is why not go along with it at this point, even if you don't buy into it. I think as a nation, in terms of both health and economic impact, we'd all be better off to take it seriously with the hopes of l getting it under control then we would arguing about whether or not it meets someone's definition of a major pandemic.

Whether or not we buy into it or not, I don't see any thing wrong with taking it seriously. IF we can come together and slow it down or find a way to stop contain it then at the end of the day its going to save lives. If it only really hammers the elderly and doesn't necessarily put me at major risk then so be. I don't see how it hurts anything to approach it with the mindset that all lives are equal. Would it be any different if somehow it only affected those individuals in great health or those that weren't elderly?
There is plenty of evidence now to make it a known fact that this is a huge deal. Anyone who thinks otherwise right now hasn't been following the story at all. Hell even TK has quit posting about it.

It took about 4-5 days for the 3rd 100,000 cases.

The world will be at 400,000 cases by tomorrow, so:
  • About 3 months for the first 100,000 cases
  • 12 days for the next 100,000
  • 4-5 days for the next 100,000
  • About 2 days for the next 100,000
Things are definitely looking ugly here in the US. Stay safe, everyone:

upload_2020-3-23_14-57-57.png

I was wondering if Kirk and other Iowa coaches are actually staying at home right now or going to their offices at the football complex or Carver to work?

Hey TK, I also saw some stats that are showing the death rate drop quite a bit the more tests come out. That's something we both agreed would happen.

Another thing about Northern Italy that you won't hear on the news. That area has a big Chinese population. They figured out that if you bring in Chinese laborers but make textiles and leather goods in Italy, you can cut the cost of production but still maintain the market premium of "made in Italy." The laborers are mostly younger folks.

Chinese New Year ended on February 8. The Chinese government completely locked down internal travel after Chinese New Year to try to keep massive outbreaks from occurring in major cities. I work with a lot of companies with supply chains in Asia and we saw a major wave of "force majeure notices" in the 3rd and 4th weeks of February based on the lack of staff at all facilities in major cities in China from the internal lockdown. However, the internal lockdown did not prohibit international travel unless the destination blocked it.

My theory is that a bunch of people in north Italy went back to China and returned to Italy the second week of February. Those people were young and were either asymptomatic or "had a cold" and then the thing started ripping through the native population a few weeks later, where it decimated the old people. The media will just say stuff like "The Chinese population doesn't have any cases" or whatever because (a) the immigrants are typically younger laborers who probably weren't hard hit and were healthy by the time the tests hit the ground and (b) they are in the pockets of the ChiComms. Pretty much every condensed pocket of this that hit Japan in early waves was traced back to a specific person traveling from China and they aren't bashful about mentioning that on their news.

Info from the AP which describes the very poor problems with US Fed testing. Fed leaders were warned in January and took no action; top leaders totally downplayed the problem (who the F would ever listen to Larry Kudlow about a viral outbreak needs to be labeled as stupid); Fed leaders still downplaying it.

Only a dozen tests a day in February when WHO tests were available in high numbers which is malfeasance.

"
In the critical month of February, as the virus began taking root in the U.S. population, CDC data shows government labs processed 352 COVID-19 tests — an average of only a dozen per day.

“You cannot fight a fire blindfolded,” Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, head of the World Health Organization, said at a recent briefing. “We cannot stop this pandemic if we don’t know who is infected.”

Full Coverage: Virus Outbreak
The Department of Health and Human Services, which includes the CDC, has begun an internal review to assess its own mistakes. But outside observers and federal health officials have pointed to four primary issues that together hampered the national response — the early decision not to use the test adopted by the World Health Organization, flaws with the more complex test developed by the CDC, government guidelines restricting who could be tested and delays in engaging the private sector to ramp up testing capacity.

Combined with messaging from the White House minimizing the disease, that fueled a lackluster response that missed chances to slow the spread of the virus, they said."

Yeah, I've been wondering how the hell the docs can clear the death numbers so quickly. A car accident involving an "injury inconsistent with life" takes a week to get an official cause of death in a lot of places.

Normally people are in the hospital for quite awhile before they die. The doctors already know why they are in there before they die so it takes less than a second after they die to know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts